Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes DVD News

[Added by Craig @ HeroSite.net: Click this link to pre-order your copy!

Although there has been no news about the dvd box set i found some info that some may be intrested in.

Heroes fans that subscribe to NetFlix, the online video rental service, will be able to rent a special DVD that features a summary of the 11 episodes of Heroes that have aired so far. The DVD, produced with NBC, will also include the pilot episode of The Black Donnellys, and a look at the new Jeff Goldblum series, Raines. NetFlix subscribers can add the DVD to their queue now, and it'll ship out on January 9. The content will also be available on NBC.com on January 15.
    Heroes returns to the NBC lineup on January 22

got this news from tvshowsondvd.com
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM.

Hi there, I don't really know where to ask this question but how many episodes are planned for Heroes Season 1?

Comment

currently there have been 23 episodes commissioned, i believe

Comment

Hey Drolfin

Thanks very much for that, I just hope there at least 20 episodes.

Comment

- The producers are hoping to release the Season 1 DVD in both HD-DVD and regular DVD. In addition, the DVD will include some exclusive scenes filmed for the DVD that will take place in moments following the season finale.

- The DVD will also include the 72-minute "Tim Kring cut" of the series pilot as shown at Comic-Con last year. The deal has just been finalized.

from herosite.net

Comment

Any word on whether the graphic novels or deleted scenes are included in the package?

Comment

im pretty sure deleted scenes will be on there. i would guess the graphic novels would wind up being a dvd rom feature or something.

Comment

So does that mean If we wish to see the graphic novels we would still have to download them off the net? If thats the case then that sucks. I mean not everyone has highspeed. *points finger at self*

I hope they put the GN on the episode disc's . Like say you finish watching an episode then you have an opition of reading the GN that leads into the next episode.

Comment

well there is only so much stuff they can stick on a disc so like 4 or 5 42 minute long episodes per disc plus deleted scenes and any commentaries they may not be able to stick 4 graphic novels too an each disc.

hey you never know they may also add a bonus disc that contains them so they are all stored on discs and no need to download. i really dont know for sure about the graphic novels cause most features havent been told yet so there is a good chance other features will pop up.

Comment

I hope an official announcement comes soon. It should be at least six discs, but only if they chintz out on us. I think we could be looking at at least 2 extra bonus discs with making of movies, graphic novels and lots more extras

/crosses fingers and hopes for the best

Comment

On the wizard interviews they talked about what was going on them. I think they are on NBC.com. Smallville seasons are on 6 disc with 22 eps and only have a few extras. So if they had as much as it sounds like they may have to use more. But they also said that the HD disc will allow them to fit more on one disc. I will look for the interview in a little while and post the link. Its good stuff!

Comment

the dvd comes out august 28th in both regular and hd dvd.

Comment

I heard them say that the HD version will have a whole lot more! But that is actually a pretty descent release. Only 3 months versus the 6. I wonder how long they will keep the vids on nbc.com? They must want all the $$$ from the dvd sales to kickoff season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                            the dvd comes out august 28th in both regular and hd dvd.
                            That is what I heard from source at NBC too.

Comment

Th word is now that the DVD will be available just a few weeks after the finale airs.

This according to an interview with Matt Grunburg.
                              Warning the article contains spoilers.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎