Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you like the whole "stone" thing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes because this gave meaning to the whole season. It was a new conflict, and this made Lex and Clark more tense.

Comment

Yes because i just liked the whole treasure hunt idea.It just skipped from people to people.Pretty tight idea.

Comment

Not really because it was major league lame.

Comment

Yes because it was Clark's mission to merge the stones together.

Comment

Like others have said I did like the treasure hunt idea...initially. But then Clark started playing football and was really ineffective. I'd say the only reason Commencement sort of falls flat for me is because Clark was so passive all throughout the season. He could have done so much more. For reference I think the phantom arc of S6 was handled so much better. Clark wasn't perfect in his methods or was clouded by rage but at least he got results.

Comment

Yes to the stones; no to the stupid witch subplot. The Isobel stuff was what turned me off to the season in the first place. In fact, I essentially stopped watching the show by the end of Season 4 and didn't come back until Aqua. It wasn't necessarily a purposeful decision; I just stopped caring for a while. In the present day, I enjoy the season but still hate the witch stuff.

Comment

The Stones was alright. I thought it was a good idea, but execution could have been much better. Given the history of Season Long Arcs I think it would rate one of the better ones though(mainly because some season long arcs were just plain bad). Definitely could have lived without Lana being involved in it but at the same time the fact it kept her away from Clark for the bulk of the season wins brownie points in my book

Comment

Looking back, yes. It permitted a season long arc, that many of the characters become involved with. Looking at the Donnerverse Clark and the Smallville Clark. The Donnerverse Clark was just given the Fortress crystal. Jor-El put it in his ship, then Clark finds it in there, after Jonathan dies. Goes up north (not an impressive feat for someone with super speed) and the crystal forms the Fortress. The Donnerverse Clark is simply given everything, rather having to work for it. The Smallville Clark is sent out on a mission, to find and unite the three stones. A task that takes him months. He had to actually work for his Fortress crystal.

Though, I think that the linked witch subplot could've been done better. Not removed, but improved, as I like that one of the players in this quest (besides Clark) have powers. Otherwise, you just have Clark racing against the Teagues and the Luthors (both families consisting of non-powered humans). Both could pose a mental challenge, but not a physical. You need a (recurring) physical threat for Clark to go up against.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎