Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

time change

They may need another stratagy may mean changing bk to wednesday night maybe their anwser; too many good shows are on thursday night.Secondly they may need to pick up the pace w clark and lois relationship it is great to take it slow but when you start slipping,even the best of shows can't seem to recover.I love Smallville i don't want it to become a casualty.

Comment

We have to see how the other shows on the CW are doing this year compared to last year.
      If they have the same viewership ( more or less) than the change in stations is not the issue ( at least a big issue).

If Smallville's ratings have fallen more than the other shows ( compared to last year) then the problem is the show, not the change in stations.

Comment

I didn't mean station just date, or time i love CW it a cool station i meant that past shows normally mess up when they normally attract a certain age group and not versatile it get caught in a runt.That's what i meant,Tks for replying anyway

Comment

LMAO 7th Heaven did better.I think they really need Episodes like Hydro,Justice and Crimson next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JonStewart4President
            I think the ratings pretty accurately reflect the quality of this episode. There was a reason this thing was buried.

Bad show, bad ratings. Works for me.
            Setting aside your opinion of the quality of the show. (I liked it.) I don't follow the logic that the ratings were bad because the show was bad.

How did people know the show would be bad without watching it? There is a slight cause and effect disconnect here.

Ratings go down because of poor promotion or people's loss of interest in the show based on previous shows.

Your comment that the network buried the show because it was bad does not "work for me" either. Networks are in the business of making money. People have to watch their shows to get advertising dollars. No network is going to shoot themselves in the foot by deliberately trying to get viewers not to watch.

Comment

Great anwser

I agree w Darkone the last new episodes are pivitol to the shows success or demise.I wouldn't have thought it would come down to this in stead of putting in reruns in the middle of season they should have let it run all new shows than go back to reuns.That was how many of us fans were expecting.I rushed home last night anxious to see a new show than i was disappointed by a repeat.

Comment

All of the CW's shows are doing badly compared to the WB ratings. SV is still one of their top-rated shows, and would be considered one of their successes!

The only reason SV did a bit worse with Subterranean is because it was buried amongst repeats, and Static didn't even end with a trailer letting people know there is a new episode before January. I blame the CW's scheduling and their idea of promotion, not the writing.

And ratings did not drop last year after Reckoning Cybrog for one was one of the highest rated episodes of season 5, and that was after Reckoning . It was the hiatus after Cyborg which seemed to lose so many viewers, and again that's down to the network and how they handle their shows.
                Last edited by Naomi; 12-16-2006, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Smallville is in CW's top 5, ratings wise, if not top 3. I'm pretty sure America's Top Model leads the way but Smallville is up there. CW isn't going to cancel a show and lose all that ad revenue, doesn't make sense from a financial perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara
                    Setting aside your opinion of the quality of the show. (I liked it.) I don't follow the logic that the ratings were bad because the show was bad.

How did people know the show would be bad without watching it? There is a slight cause and effect disconnect here.

Ratings go down because of poor promotion or people's loss of interest in the show based on previous shows.

Your comment that the network buried the show because it was bad does not "work for me" either. Networks are in the business of making money. People have to watch their shows to get advertising dollars. No network is going to shoot themselves in the foot by deliberately trying to get viewers not to watch.
                    I agree that they should be promoting the show better. I live in northern California and the only show they are pushing is Dr. Phil, and that's the only add's that are out thier. The marketing department needs to get off of it's a** and start moving and promote this show..

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jack1487
                      I agree that they should be promoting the show better. I live in northern California and the only show they are pushing is Dr. Phil, and that's the only add's that are out thier. The marketing department needs to get off of it's a** and start moving and promote this show..

Jack
                      Yeah.. Your average viewer is told what day of the week and what time the show is on and when you throw in a rerun unannounced they don't know what the heck is going on. Did I miss something? Is this season over? Well for alot of people they are done planning a night around "a rerun or not a rerun, that is the question". Honestly right after a episode it should be announced what date a new episode will be coming on. nuff said.
                      Last edited by Blizzkid; 12-26-2006, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎