No announcement yet.

Episode 3.09 : Spit & Eggs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyBatson4360
    [B]Actually, Duncan ordered a contract killing of Logan's dad (his one-time best friend).

i forget about that!!

Comment

• one of the best episodes ever!!!! the whole criminology / creepy background, just great!!

Well, well, I had to calm down first, before I post :P

I liked this episode from the beginning till the end.

The start with the Fatboy Slim song was very cool. Something different though.

I should have suspected that weird tee-guy. He always seemed kinda strange.

The ending was great, I would have expected exactly this from Logan
      Last edited by schubidu; 03-03-2007, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• I really like how they ended the rape story in that episodes, they can only make it last for so long, and I'm glad they're moving on. I didn't catch up on the rapist until she drank the tea.. so good story there !

I really like the Lo-Ve scenes, I was so glad that is was Logan that ended things, and not the other way around, not because I don't like these 2 together, I want them to end up together, but not right now since she always made him feel like crap, not good enough, etc.. I'm glad they showed her having some emotion (shower scenes) because she was starting to get on my nerves, I like a girl that kicks ass and is independant, but come on, show some feelings.

Well, can't wait to see what's in the futur with V and the crew

Comment

• I just realized something about the rape arc and now I feel stupid for not realizing the connection much earlier. The whole Prisoner Guard experiment in 'My Big Fat Greek Rush Week' was a setup for the motive and a reason as to why Moe and Mercer would conspire to rape women. I mean Moe seems fairly decent, why on earth would he go along with Mercer? He looked all happy and bashful when Veronica gave him her number so why would such a 'nice' person get involved in such a crime. And here we have our reason:

The Horshack (the prisoner who got picked on) and Rafe relationship (mean guard) in MBFGRW was serving as a parallell to the Moe Mercer realtionship, that obviously grew out of their time together in the experiment the year before. Moe tells Wallace in MBFGRW that the experiment is 'life changing' and we see why eventually... Logan tells Veronica in 'Hi Infidelity' that Horshack was caught taking two tests in an exam, a second test for Rafe; this is odd considering how obviously abusive Rafe was towards Horshack in particular. Horshack also tells Wallace at the end of MBFGRW that Rafes treatment of him was no big deal, which Wallace also finds strange. As with Moe and Mercer they now have formed a strange co-dependence born out of that experiment - where Rafe is the dominant manipulative one and Horshack the submissive ''slave'' doing what he is told no matter how immoral the act (although cheating is evidently not nearly as bad as rape).

In Spit and Eggs Moe is seen as the submissive part of the duo, always doing what Mercer says and when Mercer exerts his dominance he hits Moe and calls him 'prisoner'. There we have our confirmation on this. The Rafe/Horshack parallell is the setup for Moe/Mercer. It is also a way of us seeing Moe/Mercers early relationship only projected through two different people. And it gives us the reason/motive for Moe in particular, he wants to do as Mercer says to please him: Mercer is arrogant and charming and Moe has hero-worship issues relating to the experiment and probably gets some masochistic pleasure out of Mercers abuse. Thus this is realistically why Moe would help Mercer rape women.
          Mercer on the other hand is misogynistic and cruel which we see evidence for separately - most notably when he teases that guy with a stutter - making clear he was always innately capable of such cruelty (and eventually rape). He just needed help, which Moe gave him thanks to the Prisoner/Guard experiment.

Comment

• I love this episode.

It's only just beaten out by "Not Pictured" for my favourite episode of the entire series. The chase scene was fantastic, and I loved seeing Veronica fighting back against Mercer.

My only complaint is that the ending was kind of anti-climactic; it would have been far more exciting if Parker or Piz had burst into Moe's room and saved Veronica.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎