No announcement yet.

Chapter Ten - Six Months Ago...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superhippie2000
    omg hiro talked to himself uhoh he is in trouble now. is it me or does gabrielle/sylar (im assuming they are the same guy) look like he could be the next clark kent in those glasses. lol
    That's EXACTLY what I thought! Kinda cute for a bad guy isn't he?

Comment

ummm i dont look at guys like that lol.

i feel bad for hiro he was going to get a little kissy kissy and boom he got transported back to japan. i also feel bad that he is angry with his powers and has no control now it seems like.

these past 2 episodes have been really good. next weeks episode looks great to i just think it stinks we have to wait till next year to see more episode. no smallville no heroes no supernatural and no lost for 2 months ahhhhhh what will i do.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        ...just think it stinks we have to wait till next year to see more episode. no smallville no heroes no supernatural and no lost for 2 months ahhhhhh what will i do.
        Oh crap, that's depressing! I hadn't actually thought about it until now.

Comment

Yep, we're officially on hiatus. Well, we get one more episode of Smallville in December, but then all of the good shows will be on hiatus until next year.

Comment

ya i hate the waits cause they always make you wait longer for episodes you really want to see and find out what happens next. i enjoy christmas episodes during december so i have something to watch but once noon christmas day hits evetrything goes back to repeats. maybe they will have a heroes christmas marathon or new years marathon. like all the episode not jsut the first 6 like they will have tommorow night.

to be more on track for this thread topic im wondering how long did it take for hiro to build all of those little birds. to the viewers it was like 5 seconds but in hiro time it must have taken him forever.

is it just me or since that was six months ago a lot of stuff happened with people in just six months. like claire becomming a cheerleader or nathans wife car accident or sylar becoming sylar seems like based on previous episodes it was like they been that way for a long time. longer then 6 months. and eden i thought she worked with claires dad for a long time not just 6 months. just seems people changed a lot in six months.

also does anyone notice how they replay some of the previous episodes end scenes at the begining of the new episode but they are totally different. like different angles and doing the lines at different time frames. like when hiro talked to peter in the train the episode ended with i have something to tell you and it was filmed a different way with hiros back towards the viewer but the next episode showed hiros face and up close. and agian last night. last week hiro was sitting at the diner talking to the girl and we see her walk away and is near the cake and calls hiro over but last night they showed it up close and at a different angle and she takes only a couple steps before asking hiro over. obviously they are doing scenes like these on purpose but does anyone know why?

Comment

This was the BEST episode of Heroes to date, and I have a feeling that it will continue to be my favorite episode of the show for awhile. I really enjoyed Homecoming, don't get me wrong. But the character development and writing in Six Months Ago was excellent, and it was great to see the histories of the characters and how Sylar began.

I loved the backhistory with Nathan and Peter. Especially the scene where Linderman's guys were trying to run Nathan off the rode, and you see him hovering in the air above the car.

* Here is a question - Didn't it seem like Peter had been a nurse for longer than 6 months? It seemed like he had a long history with Simmone's father that went back a lot farther than 6 months.

This was the FIRST episode where I actually liked seeing development on Niki and Ikin (Jessica). It was interesting to find out that Jessica was the name of Niki's dead twin sister. It makes you wonder if Jessica is the dead sister re-incarnated, which would be awesome and explain the abilities since they were supernaturally based. But it is most likely just split personallity based. Even though Heroes is a fictional show, I doubt they will go the route of the supernatural. It would make things so much more interesting if the real Jessica was being channeled however.

Really liked seeing Eden's beginning as well as all the stuff with HRG. I also thought they did an AWESOME job with Sylar's beginning and showing how he gets his power. While the brain related scenes are a bit disturbing, I think it is cool that Sylar's ability involves being able to steal other people's abilities. I also liked how Gabriel came up with the name "Sylar" from getting it off the watch.

* Also, it has probably been said, but was anyone else amazed at how much the actor who played Sylar looked and sounded like Brandon Routh? Before they showed his face, and I just heard the voice, I would have sworn it was BR, and then when we got the first shot with glasses, it looked like it even more.

Kind of feel bad for Hiro in all this. I think it was kind of pointless to introduce Charlie and send Hiro back if she was going to die anyways. But it was great to see Charlie say that she loved Hiro, and that he felt the same way. I was wondering why Hiro said that he failed, when it was made quite clear that Charlie was dying from a tumor. He could not have prevented her getting the tumor.

My only gripe for the whole episode was that Isaac wasn't featured. Since he was a vital part of the show in terms of helping to save Claire, and revealing the upcoming explosion, we should have seen how he discovered his ability as well.

* Also, I can't believe they have been so sloppy in regards to the character of Chandra Suresh. In the first handful of episodes they had a different actor playing the character in photographs. Then they showed a pic of the current actor Erick Avari, on the back of the book, which a lot of people missed. Now they have EA playing the character on a permanent basis. Switching actors and making it noticeable like that is really sloppy. They should have stuck with the original actor chosen, because there was more of a physical resemblance to Mohinder.

But overall, this was the best episode of the show yet in my opinion.
              Last edited by vyperman7; 11-28-2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

For anyone who has read...

Harry Potter, was it just me or did Suresh's first meeting with Sylar seem eerily similar to Dumbledores first meeting with Voldemort/Tom Riddle?

Their conversation in Suresh's aparment as well. How Sylar always knew he was different. How he felt special.

Comment

Yeah Ryan, I know what both of you guys are talkin' about. I agree, they do seem to be pushing alot of history into just a 6 month time frame.
                  Like Jeff said, I REALLY thought Pete had taken care of Simone's Dad longer than 6 months.
                  With most of those events, it would've been safer to title the episode "1 YEAR earlier." That would be much more believable. That's just my opinion.

I too noticed the re-filming of certain end/beginning scenes.
                  They're usually from different angles, AND sometimes the dialogue is a little different.
                  I've seen that on other shows as well. The first time I noticed it on Heroes, was when Claire woke up in the Morgue.
                  The first take, she enhaled deeply then said "Holy sh*t!," then when used as an opening scene in the following episode, she just enhaled deeply.

Comment

Re: For anyone who has read...

Originally posted by Another-One
                    Harry Potter, was it just me or did Suresh's first meeting with Sylar seem eerily similar to Dumbledores first meeting with Voldemort/Tom Riddle?

Their conversation in Suresh's aparment as well. How Sylar always knew he was different. How he felt special.

ya now that u mention it it was kind of like voldermort talking to dumbledore. how he wanted to feel special and wanted great powers and how he just kind of fell into being like or related to his father when he didnt want to and wanted to be much powerful.

Originally posted by Randy G.
                    Yeah Ryan, I know what both of you guys are talkin' about. I agree, they do seem to be pushing alot of history into just a 6 month time frame.
                    Like Jeff said, I REALLY thought Pete had taken care of Simone's Dad longer than 6 months.
                    With most of those events, it would've been safer to title the episode "1 YEAR earlier." That would be much more believable. That's just my opinion.

I too noticed the re-filming of certain end/beginning scenes.
                    They're usually from different angles, AND sometimes the dialogue is a little different.
                    I've seen that on other shows as well. The first time I noticed it on Heroes, was when Claire woke up in the Morgue.
                    The first take, she enhaled deeply then said "Holy sh*t!," then when used as an opening scene in the following episode, she just enhaled deeply.

ya one year later would have made more sense i think. just seemed like everyones life was rushed for 6 months. still not a bad episode tho.

im just wondering why different angles and stuff. and it does look like they are meaning to do it that way. do comic books ever do that? like starts the same scene but different?
                    Last edited by superhippie2000; 11-28-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7

This was the FIRST episode where I actually liked seeing development on Niki and Ikin (Jessica). It was interesting to find out that Jessica was the name of Niki's dead twin sister. It makes you wonder if Jessica is the dead sister re-incarnated, which would be awesome and explain the abilities since they were supernaturally based. But it is most likely just split personallity based. Even though Heroes is a fictional show, I doubt they will go the route of the supernatural. It would make things so much more interesting if the real Jessica was being channeled however.

Jessica is very strong physically. But Niki body can't be strong like that. I guess when being ''channeled'' she gains strengths. There's just no way a woman from her size can throw a punch like this or choke someone like she does.

I'm 6 feet' 250lbs, strong built and I wouldn't even be close to do what she does.

I guess Niki power is to get Jessica to take over and at the time she has '' strengths '' power.

Comment

Things I loved about this episode:

* Sylar character developement. It makes it all the more interesting that he actually never had a power. He steals from others, which explains why he do so many things. And now I hate him even more. *lol*

* Eden developement. Stinkerbell was cool.

* H.R.G. = Greatness, none the less.

* Inter-connecting storylines. (Eden and Brian).

* Hiro and Charlie. That was so well written. Poor Hiro.

* A show that answers questions! Unlike LOST! We learned a lot about Niki.

Lacking:

* Not enough Claire, however I realize that she was the center of last week...

* Brian's storyline was a bit boring.

Comment

* Also, it has probably been said, but was anyone else amazed at how much the actor who played Sylar looked and sounded like Brandon Routh? Before they showed his face, and I just heard the voice, I would have sworn it was BR, and then when we got the first shot with glasses, it looked like it even more.
                          I didn't notice it at first, but I saw this mentioned on another message board. Someone said, "Wait, Superman's in this too?" He did seem very Clark Kentish with his glasses.

Comment

a couple more power and he could be superman lol. he has telekentic powers and it seems like he has super speed and he has some ice power cause werent some people like frozen or something.

Comment

posted by Originally posted by superhippie2000
                              we have to wait till next year to see more episodes. no smallville no heroes no supernatural and no lost for 2 months

Can I add no Prison Break to that list hehehe... ;-p But 24 is back in January and that can only be a good thing!!!

This was a great episode and leads on very well to next week's fall finale. It is about time we got the story on Sylar, I mean G. Cole or the reject from 24 Day 3 lol...

Is it just me or does something not seem right with Nathan? He was reluctant to tell Peter about his power but that was probably just to protect himself and Peter. Maybe he will turn eventually especially with all this power and attention he getting from running in the election. Also already mentioned in this thread about telling Peter how their Dad died. I'm sure were told he committed suicide in the first episode. Maybe he was murdered but I don't think it was a heart attack that killed him.

Comment

ya nathan seems weird. you never know what he is thinking. if i had his flying power i would be using it everyday. if he dont want it let sylar have it lol. ya the dads death is kind of weird. may be a screw up in the script or maybe there is something going to be revealed at a later date.

gping back to how sylar looks like clark kent and stuff, i just watched superman returns and did anyone notice at the opening titles of superman returns they show a planet and it has the orange eclipse glow and looks just like the eclipse from heroes.
                                Last edited by superhippie2000; 11-29-2006, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎