Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you joking me Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its definantly bad writing, the last few eipsodes hav highlighted that. From going on about how she regretts everything with Lex, to how much she loves him - total BS

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterJonSt
      Its definantly bad writing, the last few eipsodes hav highlighted that. From going on about how she regretts everything with Lex, to how much she loves him - total BS
      Yeah, I know. Say what you want about Lana's character and whether or not you've always hated her or not, but you're not going to convince me that Lana's character is just as inconsistent now as she was in the other seasons. This is just a total collapse of a character.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLGChaos

Who knows, maybe they'll do an alternate reality comic book where Lana kills off Lex, takes over as head of Lexcorp (and renames it Lanacorp) and becomes Supes main villain.
        That was funny!!

I think I am one of the only people that disliked lana as miss goody-goody, but really like her as evil lana.

Comment

• To me she's been incosistent all seasons, but became more evident in season 4. The Jason relationship was a big WTF for me. I thought they were finally giving her some direction this year, which is probably why the Lexana appealed to me in the first place. Who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• I have watched Smallville from the beginning. I am an old time Superman fan. I have been reading the comics for at least 35 years(I was 7 for the nosy people). I did like when they finally let Lois and Clark have a real relationship that worked. (In books, not the show)
            I liked Lana from the first show. I was hardwired to like her. In the last two season, I can't stand to see her. She really lost me at the end of last season, when she met Lex on the roof of that building instead of being concerned about her family(Chloe, etc). The writers have turned Lana into something I never would have imagined. I am wondering if this is being done on purpose so they can kill her off, and make Lex evil. Maybe instead of killing her off, they just kill off what makes her Lana(brain tumor, insane, chemical imbalance) something that makes her worse than just dead. I never thought I would say this, she has such a selective memory, and made such choices, I don't think I would be upset when they do away with her.

I wish they would have left it as it was in most of the books. They pull away from each other, but always remain friends, bumping into each other occasionally.
            Last edited by boogiebear; 11-21-2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by myankskent
              How can you even come to a conclusion of what Lana is as a character anymore? She's inconsistent and poorly written and that is what people are complaining about.
              First of all, Lana being written inconsistently is hardly something new to this season. Some have often complained about Lana being written to suit the weather, or the whims of the writers, for years. In fact, Lana changed so much, often on a dime and with little development, it was hard to get a handle on the character enough for some to really identify with her.

The thing about her current inconsistencies is that they are actually consistent. Viewers might be getting whiplash from the way she’s seems to change her mind from week-to-week, but none of this is new or out of character for Lana.

One minute, she’s acting like Clark is her hero who she would trust with her life. The next, she’s ignoring Clark’s warnings that she’s in danger. Even accusing him of meddling in her life or being jealous.

One minute, she’s okay with a sniper going around gunning down FOTWs, innocent or not. The next, she’s acting like the latest FOTW is her best friend.

One minute, she’s telling Clark she can deal with him having secrets and wants to date him anyway. The next, she’s badgering him to tell her the truth if he wants to be with her.

Nothing about this “new Lana” is new. Not the way she’s behaving, and not the way she’s being written.

As for liking or disliking Lana, I’ve never felt strongly about Lana one way or the other. Sometimes, I’ve liked her. (Like early in the first season, when I actually looked forward to seeing how she would develop.) Sometimes not.

Mostly, Lana bores me. I can’t remember the last time I was genuinely interested in the character, or a storyline built around the character. And, since I don’t watch SV to be bored, I don’t enjoy it when a large chunk of the show is devoted to a character I can’t get interested in, or a storyline that puts me to sleep.

Comment

• Lana's comment about Lex (regarding honesty)

I do recall Lana's "Lex, You have been more honest with me than any one has ever been" comment in this episode in that one library scene where she tells Lex that she's has his baby Lana is so gullible to think that Lex is honest. We all know that he isn't. He's a lier! we all know that. Clearly if Lana believes that Lex is honest, then she doesn't know him very well does she? Plus there is no baby, we will know if there was one, she doesn't carry around any weight that comes with having a baby ( like in Lex's dream in Lexmas) Lex faked the the pregnancy to get Lana to marry him because of his fear of losing her to Clark again. Lionel was right about Lana, Lana does make a desperate man out of Lex. And desperation does not do Lex any justice. I find a desperate Lex more out of character than Clark's well deserved beat down of Lex last season at the end of the episode Mortal.
                Last edited by laurarawlins; 02-01-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                  First of all, Lana being written inconsistently is hardly something new to this season. Some have often complained about Lana being written to suit the weather, or the whims of the writers, for years. In fact, Lana changed so much, often on a dime and with little development, it was hard to get a handle on the character enough for some to really identify with her.

The thing about her current inconsistencies is that they are actually consistent. Viewers might be getting whiplash from the way she’s seems to change her mind from week-to-week, but none of this is new or out of character for Lana.

One minute, she’s acting like Clark is her hero who she would trust with her life. The next, she’s ignoring Clark’s warnings that she’s in danger. Even accusing him of meddling in her life or being jealous.

One minute, she’s okay with a sniper going around gunning down FOTWs, innocent or not. The next, she’s acting like the latest FOTW is her best friend.

One minute, she’s telling Clark she can deal with him having secrets and wants to date him anyway. The next, she’s badgering him to tell her the truth if he wants to be with her.

Nothing about this “new Lana” is new. Not the way she’s behaving, and not the way she’s being written.

As for liking or disliking Lana, I’ve never felt strongly about Lana one way or the other. Sometimes, I’ve liked her. (Like early in the first season, when I actually looked forward to seeing how she would develop.) Sometimes not.

Mostly, Lana bores me. I can’t remember the last time I was genuinely interested in the character, or a storyline built around the character. And, since I don’t watch SV to be bored, I don’t enjoy it when a large chunk of the show is devoted to a character I can’t get interested in, or a storyline that puts me to sleep.
                  Agreed, couldn't had said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎