Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois isn't Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, he realizes Lois is much different than Lana and a stronger person.

Comment

The battle between Lois & Lana has been going on for years.

Smallville just put another twist in the fight

Comment

^ i wish the pictures didn't flicker. i wanted to read what each cover said! thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by Tae
          ^ i wish the pictures didn't flicker. i wanted to read what each cover said! thanks for the link
          Try the link again, I slowed them down.

Be sure to refresh the page to see the slower one.

Comment

^ thanks, i can deffinetly read them now!

Comment

Originally posted by velocity
              <
              Lana was the only friend Lex had, and she knew that.

If i had a friend like Lex (with Lana's knowledge about him) and i knew he only had me, i would go and see if he was okay, without a blink.
              But then you'd be stabbing your future father-in-law and your fiance in the back. Sure, you'd be a good friend. But you'd be a terrible fiancee.

Comment

Anybody catch the 'better suited' reference from Clark to Lois? I thought that was clever although I don't know if I agree that Superman's costume is better than the Green Arrow's.

Comment

The parallels between Clana and Clois

Lana and Clark may have loved each other, but love is not enough. Love is the reason that you fight through the hard things. It's the best part of any relationship. But it's not the only thing a relationship needs. A successful relationship also needs trust, respect, friendship, and the willingness to work through obstacles (even obstacles within the relationship itself) as a couple. Clark and Lana had the love, alright, but they did not have ANY of the other elements. They didn't often trust each other, they didn't often respect each other, and despite all their talk of "we're just friends" in the first two seasons, they weren't ever really friends in the way Clark was with the other girls in his life (including the woman he married, who declared him to be her best friend). And when two people find it easier to just give up rather than try to untangle their problems, I wouldn't call that "working through obstacles."

Clana = love first, obstacles later

Clois = fighting first, love later

Clana is an one sided relationship and one sided relationships never work, but a relationship that have equal sides is more successful and long lasting.

Clois is a relationship with equal sides and therefore will be more long standing and will be a relationship that will be more successful into working for the better.

so when I heard Clark say Lana isn't Lois in this episode. I believed deep down that Clark was right given the circumstances regarding the differences in personalities of these 2 girls in comparison because Lois and Lana are parallels when it comes to Clark and their relationships with Clark. As for Oliver and Lois, that relationship won't last. They are more mature and respectable than Clana, but it is not the same type of relationship that Clark and Lana have. They're not this dysfunctional on/off roller coaster that is Clana. I think every relationship on this show is dysfunctional in some way or another and some of these relationships on this show do work and there are other relationships that just don't work at all Clana is one of many that don't work. it's just an entanglement of various weak story lines that don't work with much stronger story lines that do work, the writing of the show is confusing because there are too many inconsistent story lines that just start and not finish all the way through, they just overlap with other story lines in one episode. The writing is all over the place that it's hard to make out what really makes sense on this show because of the inconsistence of the characters and the plot holes in their story lines. it's just us viewers who sees all of this? or does the writers and the actors see this too? because the Characters certainly don't.
                  Last edited by laurarawlins; 01-22-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laurarawlins
                    Lana and Clark may have loved each other, but love is not enough. Love is the reason that you fight through the hard things. It's the best part of any relationship. But it's not the only thing a relationship needs. A successful relationship also needs trust, respect, friendship, and the willingness to work through obstacles (even obstacles within the relationship itself) as a couple. Clark and Lana had the love, alright, but they did not have ANY of the other elements. They didn't often trust each other, they didn't often respect each other, and despite all their talk of "we're just friends" in the first two seasons, they weren't ever really friends in the way Clark was with the other girls in his life (including the woman he married, who declared him to be her best friend). And when two people find it easier to just give up rather than try to untangle their problems, I wouldn't call that "working through obstacles."

Clana = love first, obstacles later

Clois = fighting first, love later

Clana is an one sided relationship and one sided relationships never work, but a relationship that have equal sides is more successful and long lasting.

Clois is a relationship with equal sides and therefore will be more long standing and will be a relationship that will be more successful into working for the better.

so when I heard Clark say Lana isn't Lois in this episode. I believed deep down that Clark was right given the circumstances regarding the differences in personalities of these 2 girls in comparison because Lois and Lana are parallels when it comes to Clark and their relationships with Clark. As for Oliver and Lois, that relationship won't last. They are more mature and respectable than Clana, but it is not the same type of relationship that Clark and Lana have. They're not this dysfunctional on/off roller coaster that is Clana. I think every relationship on this show is dysfunctional in some way or another and some of these relationships on this show do work and there are other relationships that just don't work at all Clana is one of many that don't work. it's just an entanglement of various weak story lines that don't work with much stronger story lines that do work, the writing of the show is confusing because there are too many inconsistent story lines that just start and not finish all the way through, they just overlap with other story lines in one episode. The writing is all over the place that it's hard to make out what really makes sense on this show because of the inconsistence of the characters and the plot holes in their story lines. it's just us viewers who sees all of this? or does the writers and the actors see this too? because the Characters certainly don't.
                    Clois did not have respect or trust.

Lois often treated Clark the way she treated most people: By belittling them.

Clark never trusted Lois with his secret. He literally had to be sent to the future where his hand got completely held to almost coerce him into Lois' arms.

And Lois never trusted Clark with her feelings of inadequacy in their relationship.

And they never really fought for their relationship either. Lana comes in, Clark directs his attention to her, Lois gives up. The Blur debacle occurs and Lois chooses the Blur over Clark. Lois finds out about Clark's secret, runs away to Africa, has to get a relationship pep talk from Hawkman. Clark distances himself from Lois, and Brainiac has to tell him that he's distanced himself from her and tells him that that's not good. Lois calls off the wedding, Clark fights it at first, but then decides that it's probably for the best, Chlollie has to push them back together.

Comment

Understanding your post

Originally posted by Dagenspear
                      Clois did not have respect or trust.

Lois often treated Clark the way she treated most people: By belittling them.

Clark never trusted Lois with his secret. He literally had to be sent to the future where his hand got completely held to almost coerce him into Lois' arms.

And Lois never trusted Clark with her feelings of inadequacy in their relationship.

And they never really fought for their relationship either. Lana comes in, Clark directs his attention to her, Lois gives up. The Blur debacle occurs and Lois chooses the Blur over Clark. Lois finds out about Clark's secret, runs away to Africa, has to get a relationship pep talk from Hawkman. Clark distances himself from Lois, and Brainiac has to tell him that he's distanced himself from her and tells him that that's not good. Lois calls off the wedding, Clark fights it at first, but then decides that it's probably for the best, Chlollie has to push them back together.
                      Can you blame Lois for having insecurities and self doubts? because we all have them whether we like it or not, we're only human. I understand where you coming from by reading this and I am trying to make sense of what you're saying, but let ask you something, do you think Lois and Lana are similar or different to each other regarding their personalities? You're saying that Lois doesn't respect nor trust Clark, are you saying that Lana respects and trusts Clark? after all of her pressure, criticism and ingratitude towards Clark? after all of her neediness and insecurity? after all of her bad judgement and bad choices? after getting involved with Lex? after all of her nagging and whining about secrets and lies? after all of her demanding of honesty and still believing lies that people tell her? It's safe to say that Lana isn't Lois. Lois is independent, strong, loyal, brave, a force of nature she knows who she is and is not apologetic for it, she knows what she wants and is honest and up front about it and she respects Clark's privacy and right to personal space, She trusts that Clark will tell her his secret when he is ready to tell her, in his own way, in own his time and on his own terms. but She will know who Clark is before he ever does tell her the secret when that time comes, she will go out of her way to support him until that time does comes around. At least Lois is pressure free unlike Lana IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by laurarawlins
                        Can you blame Lois for having insecurities and self doubts? because we all have them whether we like it or not, we're only human. I understand where you coming from by reading this and I am trying to make sense of what you're saying, but let ask you something, do you think Lois and Lana are similar or different to each other regarding their personalities? You're saying that Lois doesn't respect nor trust Clark, are you saying that Lana respects and trusts Clark? after all of her pressure, criticism and ingratitude towards Clark? after all of her neediness and insecurity? after all of her bad judgement and bad choices? after getting involved with Lex? after all of her nagging and whining about secrets and lies? after all of her demanding of honesty and still believing lies that people tell her? It's safe to say that Lana isn't Lois. Lois is independent, strong, loyal, brave, a force of nature she knows who she is and is not apologetic for it, she knows what she wants and is honest and up front about it and she respects Clark's privacy and right to personal space, She trusts that Clark will tell her his secret when he is ready to tell her, in his own way, in own his time and on his own terms. but She will know who Clark is before he ever does tell her the secret when that time comes, she will go out of her way to support him until that time does comes around. At least Lois is pressure free unlike Lana IMHO.
                        I doubt any female really respects Clark. She didn't have to pressure him. He didn't jerk her around like a rag doll with his crazy crap. She'll know he is? Lana has been all that you say Lois is. And vice-versa.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎