Ep. 2.07 - The Usual Suspects

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep. 2.07 - The Usual Suspects

talk about the episode here.

pretty good. the begining was kind of odd cause of that flashback stuff cause noramlly they dont do it that way. linda blair i think did a pretty good job. im thinking that whole to be continued stuff we were talking about in spoilers ment that this was a continuation of that episode last season with the shapeshifter. maybe not.

dean: does she look fimilar
    sam: nope
    dean: o well i feel like some pea soup

something like that i was waiting for an exorcist refrence
    Last edited by superhippie2000; 11-09-2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Wow kick ass, and not to mention the Scully and Mulder reference...I always love when they throw that in Great episode and next week looks great as well. I thought she did a great job, i loved her character. I think she would add to the show, but then again, I love it with just Dean and Sam.

And how about continuity? Excellent, I totally forgot about the episode Skin and what the details were.

Bravo writers!

Comment

agreed, i thought it was great.
        do this count as spiolers? i'm not sure, so watch out.

i thought that the gurgling from the ghost was odd, at first i thought the ghost was cursing out the lady cop. but then relised it was just gurgling. i loved the scene at the end, when they where all held at gunpiont and the ghost appeared and when her face twitched i thought"ok, now i know she was cursing at him.". the Great Excape referance was cool, was i the only one who got that before they told you that in the epicode?

the epicode felt like a bit of a filler to me, but from all the fillers i've seen, it was good, it wasn't an advance in the story, but still showed how close Dean and Sam are. the scene were they're trying to work out the(MAGER SPOILER) dana anagram was cool.

Sam: something bothers me.
        Linda: well, you are digging up a corpse.
        Sam: no, its not that, actully*smirks* it kinda comes with the job.

Last edited by Chlarkerlover; 11-09-2006, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Oh yes..Sam...so hot! Yeah thats off subject, but I liked the references as well

Comment

Episode was awesome..

Comment

Dean - "Stopping so soon? You really need to get your prostate checked."
              Dean - "You do what you gotta do, I'm fine in the van."
              ---------------------------
              Pete - "We can clean this up. Just gotta kill this one last scumbag..."
              Dean - "Hey!!"

Quotes abound from this one, a really funny episode. I also love how Dean is so awkward & forward in dealing with emotionally distraught people during the investigations, while Sam is so cool and thoughtful.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Linda Blair) - "What you guys doing out there?"
              Sam - "Just traveling. Ya know, we went & saw the world's biggest ball of twine. (smiling sarcastically the whole time)"

---------------------------------------------------------

(LB) - "Tell me about this 'vengeful spirit' you were going on about."
              Dean - "TimeLife. World of the Unknown. Look it up."

--------------------------------------------------------------

At least 3 movies references and 2 TV shows;

The Shining - "Remember.. 'Redrum'?"

The Great Escape - the note Dean gave Sam, through the lawyer

Exorcist - (Dean) "Did she look familiar to you?" (Sam) - "What?" (Dean) - "I don't know. You hungry?" (Sam) "No." (Dean) "Not sure why but I got the sudden urge for pea soup."
              ---------------------------------
              ChiPs - (Dean) "... Ponch."

Rockford Files - (Dean) "Look up the first hotel name in the yellow pages, and ask for a 'Jim Rockford'..."

------------------------------------------------------
              --
              Also the scene when Dean first started talking while filming his "confession" was hilarious;

Dean - "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I like sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
              (the way he says the last lines of that, with that big smartassy grin of his just made me laugh pretty hard)
              Last edited by SVfan26; 11-10-2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

i thought this was a pretty good episode. one of the best highlights are dean's smartass comments, as always. i can't get enough of them. and of course he asked where his car was... lol. i liked how they worked together on that anagram, too.

Comment

I loved this episode!!! So great to see familiar faces (Linda Blair & Jason Gedrick). It was spooky for me... as always.

Interesting though... for a couple of reasons... first, the whole flashbacks thing.. and then for them to not have to do anything... they didn't have to destroy the bones and pretty much the cop and ghost saved them...

Still... I really did like this episode. I liked the whole Jo/Dean thing but I'm glad that it went back to focusing on Sam & Dean. I sure do find Sam more appealing and lovable in this season.

I never get tired of Dean's smart a** comments... too funny.

Comment

Dean's got doppelganger issues. Sam's a redheaded woman. Some chick's mother sucks cocks in Hell, you faithless slime! Oh ****, sumimasen, padre. Please accept this curtsey as a form of humble apology.

I blame the demons.

But in Hell, the demons blame you!

So, they're doing things non-linear tonight? Sounds fun. 'Twas, too. Who doesn't love the non-linear truffle shuffle? And pardon my tense, as this, too, is going to be non-linear. But without the crying.

All work and no play makes Dana Shulps a dull girl. Then there's The Ring aspect with the whole see the evil, soon see no more evil, as you'll be dead part. And why are the female sheriffs the turnable believers? Just because they've got a Mother Box doesn't make them all Oracles. Speaking of which, Sam's a regular Superman in using his elbow to break down the wall containing the corpse. Dead girl's a friendly death omen (Bringer, if you've visited the Buffyverse), aye? That'll work.

A corrupt cop, you say? No way! That's unbelieveable; inconceivable; unthinkable!

Nice interference by the dead girl. That cop didn't see her coming. I was expecting a Dusty finish, but that'll do.

Anyone else want a nice bowl of pea soup? No, just me?
                    Last edited by Yuui; 11-09-2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

i loved this episode i think all of deans lines were funny

Comment

Great episode, I like how they let the cop get in on the ghost hunting, that was cool. SN is giving me the rush SV used to where you're watching and sit up and think "man this is good"

Comment

I really, really liked this episode. The dialogue was great, as usual, and the guest stars were outstanding. And I love the continuity with S1 story lines.

Anyway, I don't have much to add to what's already been said, but I will say may favorite line was during Dean's confession when he said "I'm Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I like sunsets, long walks on the beach and frisky women." I know this has already been said, but I thought it was worth repeating.

Oh and I really loved Linda Blair's line at the end when she said "I want you guys out there doing what you do best".

Don't we all?

Comment

Well, Dean had a lot of great quotes and it was fun to see Sam being "dean-ish" (lying to the cops, breaking and entering without being emo, etc.) but aside from the individual stuff with the boys I thought this episode was kinda 'meh'.
                            Linda seemed to be there just, ya know, be there.
                            I had Pete (or whatever Jason Gedrick's characters name was--I didn't figure that or Linda's characters name out til nearly the end!) pegged as the killer from about five minutes in (actually from the trailers from last week, they kinda gave that away!).
                            The storyline was pretty predictable.
                            Dean's lines and, like I said, Sam's stuff pretty much saved this from being a boring, flat, predictable episode.

I would definitely place this at the bottom of the my list of episodes from Season 2.

Now next week's....but that's for the Spoiler forum!

Comment

The episode was definitely a filler, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but this one was a particularly light filler. Yes, it had great continuity from last years episode, some truly fantastic pop culture references (although which shows don't now-a-days), and some funny lines, but other than that it really didn't do much. It wasn't particularly terrifying, there was no real character development for either of the boys, actually in a lot of ways the entire episode felt more like it was all about Detective Ballard (Linda Blair) and the boys were there just to facilitate her. The episode wasn't bad it just didn't really do anything for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎