Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's ********

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Chloe gets him get away with his self pitty, which was what I was talking about.

fanwank??

ANd again, rewatch the scene, CONTEXT. in history in economics, in Chemestry, etc. nothing has the same results in diferent Contexts, you cant have Lois answering the same thing two diferent times even if the issue is related, the ocation wasnt proper for a deep discussion about truth and honesty.

Originally posted by seaelm2
    You have to look at the context each response was used in. Her snippy line to Clark is very characteristic of their dynamic. Lois and Clark's relationship to this point has been coy, it is about what they are NOT saying. Not every female automatically launches into a diatribe about the serious nature of relationship at the drop of a hat with casual male friends. In other words not every female is Lana.
    On the other hand, with Lois and Chloe are cousins. Their relationship naturally lends itself to deeper discussions concerning feelings and decsions.

Oh you got the context thing, couldnt agree with you more

Originally posted by lastdaughterofkrypton
    I'm thinking in legally changing my name to Lois Lane...I could get away with a lot of things with that name
    You should try Chloe, she gets away with a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by chlarklove
      I'm gonna quote something that someone posted in another thread that I thought was rather interesting.

Wow. What she said to Clark was quite a far cry from the advice she gave to Chloe in Pariah. And weren't people PRAISING her for that advice? And now people are praising this from Reunion as well? I smell a double standard here.
      There's no double standard. Chloe was talking about someone else's secret. Clark was talking about keeping secrets about himself from someone he loves. Lois is actually being consistent in her advice in both situations.

Remember -- she was talking about not understanding why Oliver felt he couldn't confide in her. So, Lois's ultimate opinion is that when a person loves someone, they should trust that individual with the truth about themselves.

In one case, Lois tells Chloe that she should keep quiet in hopes that the person will trust Chloe enough to reveal their secrets to her themselves. Or, if they don't, Chloe should do the ethical thing and keep quiet about it.

And, in the other case, she's telling Clark that his reason for keeping secrets (i.e. protection) is not a good reason if he truly loves that person.

It's funny b/c both conversations are about the same secret -- just from different perspectives. One perspective is from Clark (keeping the secrets) and the other is Chloe (finding out that she's been lied to & now she knows the secret).

So, imo, I think Lois's advice doesn't contradict itself at all.

Comment

I seriously was waiting for Lois to pull off her costume and reveal herself as Lana.

Seriously, since Lana was knocked out in the hospital they had to have Lois deliver her lines. All I can say is at least they were delivered with humor and she didn't stick around to discuss it further, thereby at least letting us pretend that maybe she didn't really believe her own words.

I think in that same conversation with Chloe, Lois said, "I've learned people keep secrets for a reason..." so unless she's had some major thing change her mind, she is definitely contradicting herself.

Mostly I like what the writers are doing with Lois, but anybody can slip.

Comment

I loved that scene. Yeah it contradicts what she might have said in the past, but come on people, they're people as well. And besides, the 2 are totally different. The advice to Chloe is about if you knew about SOMEONE ELSES secret. The one she gave Clark is about keeping secrets because you feel you are protecting others from your secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by chlarklove

And Chloe doesn't do that? Right okay. The difference is, Chloe ENCOURAGES Clark and makes him feel good about himself. She doesn't INSULT him.
            Chloe coddles him. Treats him like a kid even more than Martha does.

I don't see Lois as insulting Clark. He sure didn't look insulted to me after she made this comment. He seemed to think it was funny. Lois and Clark have a relationship that's filled with comments and retorts. That's just the way it is. Overall, I thought Lois was actually really nice to Clark -- like when she told him to stop beating himself up over Lana's decision.

Comment

To add to what the previous post says, Oliver's secret didn't just apply to him. He has tried to be honorable in his dealings today, and this may well have been an extension of that. The "secret" had to do with Lex to, and he was already on the outs with him, no need to make that worse. And Lionel was on to him too. Oliver can't speak for Lex, and has no right to out him to.

Sorry that was written quickly, so I hope it's not too confusing.

Comment

i love Lois.. that was just funny..
                anyways don't care bout the complains
                other people post here

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic girl
                  I think in that same conversation with Chloe, Lois said, "I've learned people keep secrets for a reason..." so unless she's had some major thing change her mind, she is definitely contradicting herself.
                  That's EXACTLY what she said. And thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed

You should try Chloe, she gets away with a lot more.

Too true. The girl checks out her cousin's boyfriend & she's lauded. Had Lois done that, there would have been 50 hate threads in an instant.

To add to what the previous post says, Oliver's secret didn't just apply to him. He has tried to be honorable in his dealings today, and this may well have been an extension of that. The "secret" had to do with Lex to, and he was already on the outs with him, no need to make that worse. And Lionel was on to him too. Oliver can't speak for Lex, and has no right to out him to.

Sorry that was written quickly, so I hope it's not too confusing.
                    So...do you mean that Lois should think that Oliver had a good reason to not tell her what was going on? Because he had to protect the other guys?

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                      There's no double standard. Chloe was talking about someone else's secret. Clark was talking about keeping secrets about himself from someone he loves. Lois is actually being consistent in her advice in both situations.

Remember -- she was talking about not understanding why Oliver felt he couldn't confide in her. So, Lois's ultimate opinion is that when a person loves someone, they should trust that individual with the truth about themselves.

In one case, Lois tells Chloe that she should keep quiet in hopes that the person will trust Chloe enough to reveal their secrets to her themselves. Or, if they don't, Chloe should do the ethical thing and keep quiet about it.

And, in the other case, she's telling Clark that his reason for keeping secrets (i.e. protection) is not a good reason if he truly loves that person.

It's funny b/c both conversations are about the same secret -- just from different perspectives. One perspective is from Clark (keeping the secrets) and the other is Chloe (finding out that she's been lied to & now she knows the secret).

So, imo, I think Lois's advice doesn't contradict itself at all.
                      I totally agree with this. ^_^

Comment

I think Lois writes for the Inquisitor, not known for it's attention to detail. She been seeing this guy a couple of weeks, and now Oliver's friends are getting hurt. But for some strange reason Oliver needs to feel comfortable bearing his past to her, including when it could hurt others.

He's treating the situation the way anyone with his kind of exposure has had to. He knows what the press does to people like him.

Comment

I loved that line!

Lois just pwned Lana by saying that. It really shows how stupid Lana really was.

Comment

I think Lois writes for the Inquisitor, not known for it's attention to detail. She been seeing this guy a couple of weeks, and now Oliver's friends are getting hurt. But for some strange reason Oliver needs to feel comfortable bearing his past to her, including when it could hurt others.

He's treating the situation the way anyone with his kind of exposure has had to. He knows what the press does to people like him.
                            I see what you're saying. But I didn't see Oliver protecting Lex or the other guys as much as he was protecting himself. I didn't see him viewing Lois as a reporter at that stage.

I think he saw her as a girl that he really likes, might even be falling in love with. The beginning stages of a relationship are pretty fragile and I think he was ashamed to discuss his past with her.

Even Lois doesn't think ihe hid from her because of her reporting -- she says, "we've all done things we're ashamed of..." and when Oliver talks to Lex, he tells Lex that he's not proud of who he was back then. And he also tells Lex that he's spent his whole life trying to wash his hands clean since that incident.

I think he just didn't want his new girlfriend to see the Oliver than existed back then. Because that Oliver wasn't a nice guy & he doesn't want Lois to judge him for his actions back then. And Lois is irked because she's not the sort of girl who would judge him for it -- and she thinks he should have figured that out.

Comment

I seriously was waiting for Lois to pull off her costume and reveal herself as Lana.

Seriously, since Lana was knocked out in the hospital they had to have Lois deliver her lines. All I can say is at least they were delivered with humor and she didn't stick around to discuss it further, thereby at least letting us pretend that maybe she didn't really believe her own words.
                              Really????

Lana would have been all over Clark about honesty, and how can he keep things from the ones he loves, and "Oh you dont love me enough cause you dont trust me" and blah blah blah, Lois did the exact oposite Lana would have done.

Comment

I really think Oliver's motivation was keeping Lois safe. Lana was hurt, and last week she was kind of "kidnapped" because of him. I'm sure he felt somewhat responsible.

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                                Really????

Lana would have been all over Clark about honesty, and how can he keep things from the ones he loves, and "Oh you dont love me enough cause you dont trust me" and blah blah blah, Lois did the exact oposite Lana would have done.
                                She still gave him grief over keeping secrets. That's definitely Lana territory. And she wasn't talking to the person who kept the secret from her, she was talking to Clark.
                                Last edited by Atomic girl; 10-26-2006, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎