Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's ********

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was hilarious -- and very succinctly pointed out the difference between Lana/Chloe & Lois. Both Chloe & Lana used to be so melodramatic about Clark's "secrets and lies". And when he tries to pull the same 'ole dialogues on her, Lois's reaction is completely the opposite. She pauses, thinks about it for a second, laughs and calls it 'retarded'.

Priceless.

Comment

That moment was priceless, if kinda feels like a lana moment that lois is going to a speech about how if you really love me lol .....

but no it was a lois lane moment lol

Comment

Yeah, I normally don't like the use of the word "retarded" either, but, the timing of the line made it tolerable, funny even. Moreover, it's refreshing to see that someone can be honest with Clark without being hurtful.

Comment

^^

Exactly!! I was waiting for the typical "Smallville" speech where Lois goes off on how "real" relationships are built on trust, honesty and blah, blah, blah...

And, instead, we're handed this classic Lois Lane line. And Clark's answering grin is awesome. Like he thinks about it and realizes that she's right -- his explanation was retarded.

Comment

Re: That's Retarded

Originally posted by gj430
            What did you think of the Superman reference, lying to protect the people he loves?
            technically he didn't say lying.. he said keeping secrets to protect the ones we love.. which isn't lying unless one lies to keep it..

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
              Yeah, I normally don't like the use of the word "retarded" either, but, the timing of the line made it tolerable, funny even. Moreover, it's refreshing to see that someone can be honest with Clark without being hurtful.
              Yes, the word is a bit out there. But it is used in a slang sense quite often. And I think that her delivery of the line made it work. Almost like she thought it was soo funny that she couldn't think of any other word for it. And I think I wasn't offended by it because Clark wasn't offended by it. He started grinning & that kind of showed the humor in the whole thing.

Comment

I love that she doesnt let him get away with his usual bull, so ILL

Comment

I'm gonna quote something that someone posted in another thread that I thought was rather interesting.

Originally posted by savingpeoplething

"Reunion":
                  Clark: Sometimes, in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
                  EDLois: That is...totally retarded.

"Pariah":
                  Chloe: Lois, if you found out something, something someone didn’t want you to know about them, would you tell them?
                  Lois: That depends. Is that person someone you care about?
                  Chloe: Yeah.
                  Lois: And does keeping the secret hurt anyone?
                  [Chloe thinks about it.]
                  Chloe: No.
                  Lois: Then my answer is no. If I really cared about that person, I wouldn’t tell them that I knew. But I would go out of my way to be supportive of them so that hopefully, one day, they would be comfortable enough to tell me themselves.
                  Wow. What she said to Clark was quite a far cry from the advice she gave to Chloe in Pariah. And weren't people PRAISING her for that advice? And now people are praising this from Reunion as well? I smell a double standard here.

Comment

That was a kodak moment between lois and clark...I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by chlarklove
                      Wow. What she said to Clark was quite a far cry from the advice she gave to Chloe in Pariah. And weren't people PRAISING her for that advice? And now people are praising this from Reunion as well? I smell a double standard here.
                      Yeah both things are in diferent context cant be compared. Also Clark was starting to drift towards the brooding path, Lois saw that, thats why she stoped to think, I got the impresion she was about to give it a serious response but saw Clark and realized a little humor would do him better, than the regular pitty other people give him, and well once again, Lois makes Clark smile, that seems to be a constant.

He really needs people like Lois and Ollie to question him, and push him rather than just letting him feel sorry for himself, or making himself a martyr like Ollie stressed in Arrow. Superman would give his life 1000 times to save earth, even to save one single human, but he has never acted or considered himself a martyr and I like people not letting him get away with it.

Comment

I'm gonna quote something that someone posted in another thread that I thought was rather interesting.

You have to look at the context each response was used in. Her snippy line to Clark is very characteristic of their dynamic. Lois and Clark's relationship to this point has been coy, it is about what they are NOT saying. Not every female automatically launches into a diatribe about the serious nature of relationship at the drop of a hat with casual male friends. In other words not every female is Lana.
                        On the other hand, with Lois and Chloe are cousins. Their relationship naturally lends itself to deeper discussions concerning feelings and decsions.
                        Last edited by seaelm2; 10-26-2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                          Yeah both things are in diferent context cant be compared. Also Clark was starting to drift towards the brooding path, Lois saw that, thats why she stoped to think, I got the impresion she was about to give it a serious response but saw Clark and realized a little humor would do him better, than the regular pitty other people give him, and well once again, Lois makes Clark smile, that seems to be a constant.
                          That's a fanwank.

In Pariah, she's telling Chloe to keep it a secret from Clark.

In Reunion, Clark tells "Lois" that sometimes people keep secrets to protect the ones they love and she calls it RETARDED.

It completely contradicts her advice she gave to Chloe. Why would she think it's retarded now, when she was telling Chloe to KEEP A SECRET because it wouldn't hurt the person and just wait for that person to tell her when they were ready back then?

He really needs people like Lois and Ollie to question him, and push him rather than just letting him feel sorry for himself, or making himself a martyr like Ollie stressed in Arrow. Superman would give his life 1000 times to save earth, even to save one single human, but he has never acted or considered himself a martyr and I like people not letting him get away with it.
                          And Chloe doesn't do that? Right okay. The difference is, Chloe ENCOURAGES Clark and makes him feel good about himself. She doesn't INSULT him.

Comment

I could have enjoyed that line more if I wasn't aware of how many people have told me they find the word 'retarded' offensive.

But everyone's a critic anyway so...

Comment

That's a fanwank.

In Pariah, she's telling Chloe to keep it a secret from Clark.

In Reunion, Clark tells "Lois" that sometimes people keep secrets to protect the ones they love and she calls it RETARDED.

It completely contradicts her advice she gave to Chloe. Why would she think it's retarded now, when she was telling Chloe to KEEP A SECRET because it wouldn't hurt the person and just wait for that person to tell her when they were ready back then?
                              I think that it was totally OOC for Temp Lois she beleives the same thing about secrets but called it retarded...but again it might means that as long as the secret are not kept from her is ok to have them it could be a trait of Lana 2.0...and anybody noticed how she try to look for the answers even though it was clear to her that Ollie didn't wanted to talk about it...And yet nobody call her Nosey.
                              I'm thinking in legally changing my name to Lois Lane...I could get away with a lot of things with that name

Comment

Great line and foreshadows Lois and Clark's future relationship

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎