Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's ********

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is really interesting how easily people's feathers are ruffled by a television show.

If half the world got this passionate about injustices in the real world...the world might become a better place.

It seems that a handful of people are going to be down on Lois no matter what she does or doesn't do on the show and you know what...that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's what forums are for...expressing opinions...so here's mine...

I personally enjoyed that scene with Lois and Clark. When he started saying that line, I was hoping Lois would say something...anything to stop it. Her delivery of that line was perfect and completely Lois. The choice of word, I have to say was a surprise, but after I thought about it...Lois is the sort of person who will say what she wants, being PC is not exactly her thing and in some respect, it is what makes her the great reporter she someday becomes.

It was nice to see a preview of Lane + Kent and I hope we get more glances into the future soon.

AS far as the Chloe VS Lois thing goes...every thread I have read that had to do with Lois has turned into a debate on who is better and yadda yadda yadda. Let me just say that I am a fan of both characters and the constant, redundant back and forth is getting old...and I have only been posting here for about a week or so. As was stated earlier..."Can't we all just get along?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms. Lane
      AS far as the Chloe VS Lois thing goes...every thread I have read that had to do with Lois has turned into a debate on who is better and yadda yadda yadda. Let me just say that I am a fan of both characters and the constant, redundant back and forth is getting old...and I have only been posting here for about a week or so. As was stated earlier..."Can't we all just get along?"
      First antis go to Chloe's threads as well to remind us that we are delusional and that Temp Lois is the real deal so we kind of even.
      Second you have only being in here a week and are already tired of it!...Oh man you have no idea what did you walked into don't you?
      If it makes you feel better at least you are not a clanner...Those poor people were killed (by the show itself) the legends says that they emigrated to devoted and sweet, must of them just quitted the show ( I envy those one) and some of them live among us in the form of Cloisers (note that I said SOME: meaning that not all Cloisers were Clanners even though I still haven't met the first Chloiser that were a strong Clanner before) so I suggest to enter here with the idea of someone eventually will pop up and said Chloe is Lois or the other way around.
      This is a battlefield bring a shield or at least a good argument
      Last edited by lastdaughterofkrypton; 11-07-2006, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• I guess I wasn't quite prepared for the goings on in these forums.

I know that other chars get their fair share of abuse, but I don't intend to dish any out. There are chars I like and those I don't, just like everybody else, but I also know what it feels like to always have to feel like you have to "defend" a favorite character...Don't want to have to do that to anybody else. Guess I am a tree hugging hippy.

I didn't mean to knock anybody and I hope that my post didn't come off that way. I was just making an observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms. Lane
          I guess I wasn't quite prepared for the goings on in these forums.

I know that other chars get their fair share of abuse, but I don't intend to dish any out. There are chars I like and those I don't, just like everybody else, but I also know what it feels like to always have to feel like you have to "defend" a favorite character...Don't want to have to do that to anybody else. Guess I am a tree hugging hippy.

I didn't mean to knock anybody and I hope that my post didn't come off that way. I was just making an observation.
          No offense at all I just wanted to warn you before bringing on the big weapons.
          And at least I as a Chloiser don't bring the theory unless SOME anti start to say something like: Temp Lois is the real deal and Chloe is a plot device blah blah blah, to be fair Temp Lois can be praised on her won....or at least she should

Comment

• Superman needs a superwoman and that is not Chloe or Lana. It's Lois! Actually, I love Chloe too. She's like Veronica Mars but not as savvy.

Originally posted by lastdaughterofkrypton
            First antis go to Chloe's threads as well to remind us that we are delusional and that Temp Lois is the real deal so we kind of even.
            Second you have only being in here a week and are already tired of it!...Oh man you have no idea what did you walked into don't you?
            If it makes you feel better at least you are not a clanner...Those poor people were killed (by the show itself) the legends says that they emigrated to devoted and sweet, must of them just quitted the show ( I envy those one) and some of them live among us in the form of Cloisers (note that I said SOME: meaning that not all Cloisers were Clanners even though I still haven't met the first Chloiser that were a strong Clanner before) so I suggest to enter here with the idea of someone eventually will pop up and said Chloe is Lois or the other way around.
            This is a battlefield bring a shield or at least a good argument
            Ms Lane doesn't need a good argument. She is correct in saying that Lois will always beat Chloe in the long term. Chloe, by her very nature on the show now, will always play second fiddle to Lois or (ugh!) the vile Lana Lang. Sad but true. Jimmy was a good chance to do something different with Chloe and it seems she will evolve into a better character and not some boring love sick puppy waiting desperately for Clark to ask her out. Thank GOD.
            Last edited by Paul Satanic; 11-10-2006, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Satanic
              Ms Lane doesn't need a good argument. She is correct in saying that Lois will always beat Chloe in the long term. Chloe, by her very nature on the show now, will always play second fiddle to Lois or (ugh!) the vile Lana Lang. Sad but true. Jimmy was a good chance to do something different with Chloe and it seems she will evolve into a better character and not some boring love sick puppy waiting desperately for Clark to ask her out. Thank GOD.
              I said bring a shield or a good argument and I've hearing that Temp Lois was going to be better than Chloe since in Delete Chloe said that her cousin wasn't interested on journalism...Still waiting.... So were is your shield?
              Last edited by lastdaughterofkrypton; 11-10-2006, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lastdaughterofkrypton
                I said bring a shield or a good argument and I've hearing that Temp Lois was going to be better than Chloe since in Delete Chloe said that her cousin wasn't interested on journalism...Still waiting.... So were is your shield?
                I don't need a 'shield'. Lois Lane comparisons are lazy and if you were to compare then Chloe still loses because Lois Lane is an iconic figure and Chloe was invented for Smallville and nobody really cares about her outside that continuity if they even know who she is. Everyone knows that Lois Lane is a journalist so how can it be unexpected for her to become one? Uh? Who cares why she does or how it happens. Just accept it and don't get so stressed.

Comment

Everyone knows that Lois Lane is a journalist so how can it be unexpected for her to become one? Uh? Who cares why she does or how it happens. Just accept it and don't get so stressed.
                  I care why and how...I always loved LOIS LANE in movies and in LOIS AND CLARK. She made me care about her, respect her, belive she loved what she did, belive she belived in what she did. So YES it does matter how and why, you cant have the argument LOIS LANE IS A JOURNOLIST BECAUSE HER NAME IS LOIS LANE. Smallville decided to have a story about a young Clark Kent to show how he became a teenager into a hero. They didnt just say Clark kent is superman because he has the right name, they bealived there was a story there, same with Lois, there should have been a story there, there should be more then Lois is LOIS because......They gave Chloe 5+ years of loving journolism haveing Clark and Chloe investigate calling themselvs WOODWARD AND BURNSTIEN. YOUR GIRL FRIDAY AND BOYFRIDAY for five years...and lois, we get her love and devotion and talent and passion for journolism over one day. They really need to show and not just tell.

Comment

I don't need a 'shield'. Lois Lane comparisons are lazy and if you were to compare then Chloe still loses because Lois Lane is an iconic figure and Chloe was invented for Smallville and nobody really cares about her outside that continuity if they even know who she is. Everyone knows that Lois Lane is a journalist so how can it be unexpected for her to become one? Uh? Who cares why she does or how it happens. Just accept it and don't get so stressed.
                    Oh You really need a shield...It it was as simple as just putting everybody where it belongs the show would have been a movie. They need to tell us a compelling story because the ending is already known ...Like in Titanic we all knew the ship was going to sink but we were compelling to know who will survive.
                    As a reader and audience TPTB have the responsability to show me a journey I feel satisfied with and LS never bring any satisfaction to any story.

Comment

• Mod Note:

Edited for breaking rule 10 and boardline flaming.

There is a new James Bond movie and a new actor playing James Bond, where there have been 5 actors playing the part before. Using the loisette's line of non-reasoning, no one can critique the newest Bond because...well, just because he is called Bond, James Bond. Wrongo. This actor is stepping into shoes with a 43 year history and people are going to compare and contrast each and every thing he does to their favorite Bonds of the past. Just tapping one's foot and saying 'he is sooo James Bond, because his name is James Bond' means nothing.

In like manner, this version of lois is going to be compared and contrasted ('bashed' in kiddie lingo is synonymous with critiqued) will all the predecessors who carried the name. lois as such is the breast-of-flesh-there for Smallville with the acid tongue and deficient personality, both of which she showed again last Thursday night. And that is why she is such a divisive character and the most divisive lois lane version ever on screen. Until she is written such as to garner complete respect from viewers (totally unlikely), she will continue to receive well-deserved criticism for her actions and words. (totally likely)
                      Last edited by angelfire east; 11-11-2006, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Mod Note:

Cut the board on board talk. Do not talk about other posters or gourps of posters, TALK about the SHOW its self.

10) We cannot stress this enough: DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD SHOULD AT ALL TIMES BE ABOUT THE SHOWS THEMSELVES, NOT OURSELVES, THE BOARDS, OTHER POSTERS OR OTHER FANS. Threads about why people like Lana more than Chloe (or Logan more than Duncan or WHATEVER) or posting things like "People who think that are just stupid and prudeish" or attempting to psychoanalyze the reasons why another member of this board feels the way they do, or even couching it under "positive" terms such as "I'm glad people stopped talking about that really stupid and annoying subject!" or "I'm glad most people have the sense to agree with me!" are not allowed.

This board is here for discussing television. There is NOTHING more boring than a board that talks about ITSELF. Even "I don't get the hate (or the love)" is frowned upon here - what it usually really means is "I don't get why YOU, THE OTHER FANS OF THE SHOW, feel this way, because that's a stupid way to feel." If you don't "get it," it's not really anyone's job here to justify their opinions ad infinitum to you.

Don't even try to be slick about this rule. We can still tell when you're trying to do this in an oblique way. We've been at this a while and we can tell.

BOTTOM LINE: The sole purpose of this message forum is to facilitate discussion among fans about Smallville, Veronica Mars, Birds of Prey, The 4400, Supernatural, Aquaman and the Superman Movies, and any of Craig's other fan site projects. This board is not here to discuss how stupid people who disagree with you are.
                        Please reread the site rules which can be found >here<
                        Last edited by angelfire east; 11-11-2006, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Aside from the Superman reference, I thought it was absolutely ridiculous for the writer's to give Lois the line "That's retarded".
                          Especially with a character in the show having a mental disability.

I just thought that was horrible.

Comment

• In everyday life, young adults and older teens use it, and most people are fine with it, I know it's offensive, but it wasn't said in an offensive manner, it was said in a slang type of way.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎