Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 3.04 - Charlie Don't Surf

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode...mainly coz of all the LoVe bits..like the dinner with keith, that was cute, not very Veronica Mars like but cute alll the same......It was good they finally got the buck rolling with the rape case...there couldnt be too many episode with this rape mystrey left? those feminist are begining to piss me off with all there protests!!!It was random that Mya from just shoot me was in this episode, i can definatly see some form of chemistry between them, i don't know if they set that up for some future storyline but it could work, besides the husband factor, but hey who knows?
    Lack of wallace and Mac again was a bit disapointing but guess they just didnt fit in the story line. Logan having a brother came as a shock to me though!!! I liked the way they did it thou, with the reporter, that was original.
    Overall i thought it was a pretty darn good! Cannot wait for next week!!

Comment

Yeah, Keiths reaction to Dick was priceless... that is one of my favorite moments of the season (Along with the whole 'bird watching' thing in the first one. that was great )

Comment

Review from SignOnSanDiego:
        I am still waiting for this season to really catch fire. But in addition to name-checking a great Clash song, last night's "Charlie Don''t Surf" episode seemed to get Veronica and Co. back on the fast track. With its satisfying mix of rape-case progress, Logan-related drama and pop-culture quippery - not to mention some fine Dick Casablancas Bonus Moments - last night was Vintage Veronica. Not classic in the the brooding style of Season 1, but certainly an improvement over last week's blah installment.

Comment

I was asked the following:

this past episode of vm she was doing a web search and used a search engine I'd never heard before. I don't remember what it was though. Is there any way you'd know a way I could find out? I tried to do it on the forum but I couldn't figure out how. Thanks!
          And here is my answer:

It was likely a fictional search engine due to copyright and trademark issues. But the searh engine in the episode was called Planet Zowie. It looked an awful lot like Google and had a TM registration of 2006.

Comment

Hrm, was my least favorite episode of the season. Felt kind of slow and boring, and the rapist stuff wasn't that interesting to me. Plus, I lost some of my Parker love that I want back!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticlies
              -lol I loved at the whole 'just shoot' me brief reunion. It was sad, because the women wanted a reason to leave a loveless realionship, and because her husband has been faithfull to her, now it just makes it all that much harder to endure.
              They were adorable with one another... they have such great chemistry. It was sad because not only did she want a reason to leave the relationship, but she was also finding herself connecting to another man quite genuinely.

Originally posted by Mysticlies

-and parker needs to be more trusting and understanding of Veronica, however I don't see this rift last any much longer. Parker will know that Veronica is only doing what she thinks is the right thing.
              I really enjoyed Parker in the first episode, but since then they have turned her into a stereotypical angry rape victim. Even after Veronica confided in her about her own rape, Parker just couldn't warm up to her. She was too wraped up in her new "angry feminist Lilith House" stuff.

Originally posted by aqua
              Hrm, was my least favorite episode of the season. Felt kind of slow and boring, and the rapist stuff wasn't that interesting to me. Plus, I lost some of my Parker love that I want back!
              I've heard a few VM fans say the same thing and yet it was my favorite of the season. What didn't you like about it specifically??? Is it just that you aren't a fan of the rape mystery???

Some images from the episode:

Last edited by yellowqueen22; 10-27-2006, 04:00 PM.

Comment

i think that the rape mystery kind of feels like a repeat of the first season, with veronica trying to figure out what happened to her, only now she is trying to find out who raped other people.

I LOVED THE LOGAN PARTY!!! lol... idk, that's just how i thought of it because they both play people named Logan in their respective shows.

Comment

I just wanted to agree with those that said it's the best of the season so far. Even though I have liked the previous episodes. This is the only I have felt like writting about. It's the first time in a long time that I have been excited about VM. I loved that even in college she is still an outcast.

Logan got so much more depth. Hopefully he and his real brother can be friends. I did like the other Logan from GG also and wouldn't mind seeing him again on VM. I even liked Dick and that never happens.

Comment

Yay I'm not alone, this was my favorite episode of the season so far as well!
                    I thought the L/V moments were cute, and Logan's story was interesting. I was wary of the whole he has a 1/2 brother storyline, but I'm glad they put a spin on it. Poor Logan, the kid just can't seem to catch a break
                    I agree with those who mentioned that Dick and Veronica have great chemistry this season. Their scenes were hilarious! Dick has the best lines.
                    I actually like the rape storyline, and while Parker does seem to be a bit quick in judging Veronica and accusing the frat boys, I can't say I blame her. I'm hoping we get to see more of Veronica talking about her rape. It makes me wonder if Mac is going to find out, and discover that it was Cassidy who raped her. And open up another can of worms.
                    Next week's looks good

Comment

Originally posted by rae19780625
                      A friend (ILuvLoVe) told me I needed to watch VM... and I listened to her... this is probably the 5th episode I've ever seen and I must say I'm addicted! I need Season 1 & 2

Parker is getting on my nerves quite frankly... all them women were... maybe because I'm new to watching that's why I'm a bit confused but it's like chick that's not Veronica's fault what happened to you Veronica didn't make her go anywhere or slip her anything... she's also not her mom to be trying to watch her every move... come on... would she have beat herself up if the tables were turned? Doubt it...

I like Mac... and that's that I've only seen one episode with her... I hope that I see more of her... I love shows where the female friends have good chemistry as well...

Loved the remark of "Fancy Pants" btw

.. I think we are the only ones that find that remark amusing

I was fine with Parker the first episode.. I understand her anger and whatnot.. but I do not see how she is justified being so pissed off at Veronica. What person would stick around in a situation like that to see if she had consented? Especially since Parker had presented herself as a party girl and had alot of guys coming around.. Veronica is going out of her way to find who did this and Parker is just acting ungrateful and like a b*tch.. I am not a fan of hers at all...

I miss Mac as well.... I hope we get to see more of her soon.. It seems like we are seeing more Dick than Wallace or Mac.. or any of the other cast.. not that mind.. because I find Dick extremely amusing

Originally posted by yellowqueen22

U always LOVE the LoVe moments!!!
                      What?? Pardon me... I don't love all the LoVe moments...there was that one.. that one time.. that one episode.... okay I feel obligated to say that for every post.. being a LoVe fan and all.. and also.. I am just amazed that they have been together for this many consecutive episodes

Comment

wow, someone likes their smilies! lol. i agree, this was the best episode this season. i hope that they continue to get better. does anyone know where i can find out what the ratings for VM have been? neptunesite only posted them for the first two episodes, and i would like to see the rest. i like dicks character a lot better this year. he doesn't live up to his name quite so much, and when he does, it's funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by beezygirl
                          wow, someone likes their smilies! lol. i agree, this was the best episode this season. i hope that they continue to get better. does anyone know where i can find out what the ratings for VM have been? neptunesite only posted them for the first two episodes, and i would like to see the rest. i like dicks character a lot better this year. he doesn't live up to his name quite so much, and when he does, it's funnier.
                          Check out the Ratings & Scheduling Thread - people tend to post the ratings & related articles in there.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
                            I've heard a few VM fans say the same thing and yet it was my favorite of the season. What didn't you like about it specifically??? Is it just that you aren't a fan of the rape mystery???
                            I have no idea why. I like the rape mystery, it seems, a lot more than some people.. I dunno, it just seemed kind of meh. I really liked Harmony/Keith, but there wasn't anyone interesting in Veronica's investigation of the rape or anything that popped out. The Charlie subplot also seemed kind of rushed and tied up too quickly.

No idea. It seemed to move a tad slower than past episodes, despite all of the activity. I wish I could explain.

Comment

I was just wondering what you didn't like. But I understand that sometimes you just don't like an episode. I like figuring out why people have a different take on the same episode or movie. A lot of people didn't like this episode, but I really loved it... thought it was the best of the season.

BTW Aqua, I love your Donut AVI - *sigh* I'm boring myself again - so freaking funny!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎