Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like Jimmy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first the vibes were weird but I liked Jimmy just because of that strange little smile that Chloe got on her face. I could tell that Chloe was thinking a lot of things and was maybe being reluctantly charmed by Jimmy. It's a credit to Allison Mack how much I got out of those first awkward moments of Chimmy.

Then I was just happy that Chloe was finally gettin' some! Let's be real in Wither, LOL! I was just glad to see Chloe get some ACTION!

Then I could see that Chloe was slowly warming up to Jimmy and even if she didn't love him or was having a hard time defining their relationship, I could still tell that she really liked him. She had a good time when she was with him and he made her laugh! Yay!

Then in Fallout... that was when I really started to like Jimmy for Jimmy. Static I liked him even more (he IMPRESSED Chloe) and from there my love grew exponentially! I love Jimmy Olsen! LOL!

Comment

He was fine. I do wish they had just introduced him as the older brother of Jimmy Olsen from the start. From a narrative standpoint, he works: he befriends Lois and Clark and then dies. His career path inspires his younger brother, who then gets a job at the Daily Planet. The older Olsen's friendship with Lois and Clark also motivates why the two will take the younger Olsen under their wings. Clark's failiure to save his brother might motivate Clark to give the younger Olsen a signal watch. It's only a shame that they didn't simply have him show up as HJ Olsen or something, who makes one or two references to his kid brother.

Of course, the retcon isn't entirely the fault of the writers. According to Ashmore, they had wanted to introduce Jimmy Olsen, but the only way DC would allow them, was if they'd eventually reveal that the Jimmy Olsen on the show wasn't the genuine article. So, it comes more down to restrictions set by DC, than the SV writers screwing up. No one ever talks about the restrictions made on these kinda of shows. Suddenly, DC or Warner Brothers can just say "oh, sorry, you're not allowed to use this character anymore" or "you're not allowed to use this character, we're making a movie...one day".

Last edited by jon-el87; 09-22-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

In all actuality, the Jimmy-Chloe relationship was almost a mirror image to the Clark-Lana relationship. Lana's issue was Clark's secrecy. Jimmy's issue was his (not completely unfounded) insecurity regarding Chloe's feelings towards Clark. Their on-off relationship mirrored Clana's.

And the result was oftentimes the same: Jimmy was well-liked at times and annoying as hell at other times.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎