Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hate it? What did you think of Sneeze?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compared to last week's episode I thought this week's was weak. I enjoyed bits and pieces of it but the story didn't hold up well. The two kidnappers were bumbling and it was never clear what they intended to find out or do with what they found out. Clearly Lex didn't have the powers he had exhibited or they would not have been able to nab him. If the serum or whatever it was restored the powers then they would be at his mercy.

Other parts were entertaining like the relationship between Chloe and her cousin Lois. Martha and Clark. The little Superman references. The sneezing.

So why can't Lana continue to room with Chloe? What made her have to move in for a while with Lex? It seemed forced and unnecessary given the closeness previously demonstrated with them sleeping together on the couch. A bit heavy-handed on making Lex look lecherous seemed like to me. It works better when it is more subtle because I see Lex as much more devious, sly, and sneaky to be so easily exposed as a cad.

After the wonderful continuity of the previous week, this episode seemed choppy. Guess not every episode can be seamlessly written, at least not on Smallville. Let's see next week...

Comment

Loved Clark. Loved Chloe. Loved the little bit of Martha. And the Chlark interaction was off-the-charts cute and wonderful this week. I liked the new superpower, and was frustrated that it wasn't the focus of the episode.

The Lois journalism stuff, the Lex kidnapping, every single bit of Lana, the bad guy, the overhyped GA? All bad. In some cases, stunningly bad.

I wish I could split this episode into sections.

Comment

I enjoyed Clark's new power....that's all I can say about this episode.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode.

Has Smallville always looked this pretty? I don't know what it is but I loved that they shot so much on location. The episode breathed. A lot of times Smallville seems very stifled... All the girls looked so good. What's in the water? LOL! Anyways production values were high...

This episode was hilarious! Some elements reminded me of Perry. Clark being sick. The barn door falling from the sky.

Clark was one of my favorite things about this episode. He had some wonderful lines! I wish I were a little more geeky... I'd go back and re-watch the episode and post all my favorite quotes in an appropriate thread. Because he didn't feel very good... he was himself in a way that I really enjoyed. He was very no frills. Usually Clark is falling over himself looking after everyone else's feelings. Not in sneeze.

Lois ribs Clark about being sick. I was looking forward to that.

The throw-away, clumsy, sort-cut kidnapping plot. They did this in Mortal too... but having Lex as the orchestrator didn't redeem the silliness for me because of those two incredibly goofy albinos. LOL! This time around having Oliver Queen orchestrate everything really worked for me. It redeemed the idiocy.

Loved the Super-breath. Putting out the fire and letting the sunshine in were the highlights. OK and sneezing the barn door across Smallville was fun too.

I loved Lois. I don't know how I anticipated her turn to journalism would go. But I didn't expect her to be so...giddy. I liked it. She always keeps me guessing and I really love it.

Chlark was wonderful. Still not sure if it's friendship or romance. I'm leaning more toward friendship. But the arm rub at the end... hmm... Anyway it was delightful. I'm primarily Chlois but I enjoyed the Chlark.

I enjoyed the Chloe/Lois scenes too.

Oliver Queen. His skin is so smooth. I was just fascinated by how pretty he was. I thought he held his own against Lionel. I liked the choice he made. He really kept his own council and didn't even try to pretend that he was disturbed by Lex's kidnapping. The Oliver/Lionel scene was delightful because I didn't see it coming. I was so busy looking forward to seeing Lex and Oliver... Great scene.

Which reminds me that there was a great Lex/Lionel scene too. Yum, Yum, Yum! Lionel REALLY wants Lex to remember. Hmmm...

Anyway I liked it. Not up there with Zod. But as filler episodes go... this one was Grade A. This had a lot of momentum. Introduced Oliver Queen and his relation to the Luthors and hinted at his personal tragedy...Lois gets into Journalism...Clark gets a new power...Lana moves in with Lex (I liked the platonic way in which this happened. They aren't taking the big step yet...)...Lana confronts Clark about Zod... sort of... So I feel that if you're going to have an episode that doesn't really have a story to tell... have a whole lot of stuff happen that moves the characters forward.

I'll take spideyfan's pros and leave his cons

Originally posted by spideyfan
          Good episode.

Good points:
          - Humor factor b/w CK and Chloe.
          - Lionel being the MB.
          - New super power.
          - Lois interested in journalism.
          - Lex is proven to be a sicko.
          - Oliver Queen is starting to investagating CK.
          - Martha Kent playing her role flawlessly.
          - Continutity.

Comment

I thought this was an overall really fun episode to watch. Like folks have said, it had just the right blend of humor, character interactions, drama, new superpower, etc. All I know is that when the episode was over, I had a big smile on my face. GOOD EPISODE!

Comment

I liked it, but in my own opinion it could of been alittle better.

Comment

I loved it

Comment

sneeze was a very strong follow-up/counter to zod. I'm very pleased with this episode. what a relief! if season 6 follows the tone of sneeze, as opposed to zod, then I will be satisfied, even quite pleased. I can't see how many viewers would want to drudge through zod-type smallville.

Comment

i absolutely LOVED this episode, im really glad they lightened up the mood a little bit and the superbreath was reallly really cool. I just hope that this doesn't turn into a Lexana show though, because that would be lame.

Comment

Well, I have to say that I thought this episode was a snooze fest. The acting all around seemed practically phoned in, the writing was very weak and pacing was disjointed and kind of weird.

I felt like the whole "Lois is suddenly OBSESSED with journalism" aspect was forced and contrived and I would have preferred them to build up to that a bit more slowly. I mean, I don't care if it is " The Inquisitor", even a tabloid rag wouldn't give some college drop out off the street a front page bi-line the first time she submits anything.

Sadly, even the brief Chlark moments didn't make the episode watchable for me. The witty banter they usually indulge in was missing. Also missing from this episode was Lois' normally endearing snarkiness-she just didn't seem as full of spit and vingegar as she usually does. Even lex and Lana were more boring than usual.

I hope that next week's episode is an improvement over this one.

Comment

This was kind of a letdown after last week. The episode had some things that I'd been dreading. Our first Clana scene, and it was as bad as any loft scene. Last time Clark came to her to say Lex was in trouble, Lana ripped into him, tried to extort information out of him, and flounced out, only to later find herself in his shoes when she tried to kill Lex herself. Despite this, we see her once again try to extort information out of him, then throw him out, as if the irony has brought her no enlightenment. What's odder still? The fact that Clark is in the doghouse, but Lana calls Chloe for help, even though Chloe was also discussing killing Lex and must also have known about Lex's transformation in advance. And the fact that Lana hasn't leveled with Lex about Clark knowing that he was going to transform makes it seem like she's playing both men against one another to no clear end.

And somebody tell me how a woman does not bolt from the mansion when she discovers there's a surveillance camera in her personal space, and no one bothered to mention it?

I didn't like it when Lionel came to the farm to tell Clark that Lex had been abducted, and Clark dismissed it with the declaration that he and Lex had nothing to do with one another. He should still feel compelled to help someone in trouble, even when it's a jackass like Lex.

I thought they also made a terrible mess of transitioning Lois into journalism. They're telling us that she can experience a meteor shower, nearly get throttled by aliens, be possessed, witness a massive computer virus and rioting that damaged Metropolis, but a barn door gets her into journalism? Oh joy. Besides, there's no way that any paper, tabloid or otherwise, is going to hire a person with no high school diploma and no experience to speak of and publish her first story on the front page. Then she prattles on about how she's found her calling. Hey, did she remember to tell Martha to find a new chief of staff? It was just so bad I have to feel TPTB are just not even trying with her character any more. I felt like I was watching a complete twit.

The Chlark interaction generally worked well, but it was pure acting chemistry, because underneath it all, the dialog was pretty bad. "Good thing you didn't have garlic today?" Argh. Really a lot of the material verged on corny, although I liked the special effects. Chloe seemed very happy in the final scene, though.

Oliver Queen didn't come across well in his scenes. Hartley was wooden. Put him up against Glover, and he looks even worse. I won't write GA off yet, though, because it's just one episode, and he may still come through.

The whole abduction/torture bit really didn't amount to much. It just kind of fell flat, except for the final part, when Lex and Lana are simply poleaxed by the fire going out. I did like that part quite a bit. What bothers me is that this episode involves Lex in an important way, but he remains a cipher. The whole bodysnatching affair must have had a huge impact on him, but we're really not seeing the fallout. We don't know what he's thinking or feeling, and it's disappointing.

Comment

i loved the superbreath parts. i loved it when lois teased clark. i loved the scences with martha and clark. i loved the introduction of oliver queen. i HATED the kidnapping crap it went on for wway to long.

Comment

My thoughts on "Sneeze" (6x02):

- So far, the acting from the actor who plays Ollie has been really terrible and robot-like.

- Super Breath, woot.

- Well, I guess the issue of how Lois will get into journalism has been resolved (LOLL at "Wheater").

- Of course Lex remembers "Black Thursday." It would be lame to initiate a memory sweep on such an important event.

- From the way they are using him, it seems as though Ollie will play an important part in Season 6.

- Allison Mack is, like, so totally cute.

Comment

Not great but good. I like how ED's character is starting to move forward a bit, taking her first step in journalism nice move on the TPTB. Oliver I didnt think to much of him I guess I'll have to wait until next weeks epi which seems to be more focus on him. I like the new power for Clark. My rating 8.5/10

Comment

I liked it alot, but give it 8/10.

Anything with Chloe, Clark, Martha and Lois were just great. The humor in the eppy was great too, a needed change after Vessel/Zod.

The problem seemed to be Lex and Ollie and Block. That part of the story fell flat.

Also something interesting, that Lionel managed to use Clark for his own purposes. I still think he is "good", but he will always be the MB. I'm always amaged how he is so much smarter than everyone else.

Another thing, Lexana never really seems that happy. Bizarre.

And yes, I expected Lana to treat Clark that way. And I was surprised she said to Clark not to pretend he was doing it for Lex.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎