Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois and Journalism?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mind the laughing that much mostly because she didn't read it past the title.....

Comment

Yeah I so miss the Chlo-Lo dynamic. I really hope they bring the cousins love back. And hopefully as Lois gets further into Journalism Chloe will take her more seriously

Comment

Originally posted by biaaly
        Isn't anyone else upset that when she went to Chloe, Chloe practically laughed at her?
        Well, Chlo-Lo have a great relationship. So the way that came off to me was 1) obviously, Chloe has to put up a smoke screen to protect the secret and 2) I don't think Chloe was really taking her serious anyway, just based on previous statements about journalism that Lois has made in the past. That's why at the end when she talked about finding her calling, both Clark and Chloe were looking at her like they didn't believe her.... actually, I think the entire audience had that same reaction

They should have had her say something like "you know, I really started getting into it once I got going. I think I might just write a few more articles and see where it takes me." Then 2/3 episodes later she can realize that she's found her calling. I mean, either way she's still be starting at the same time, there's just no need to have her go from 0 to full speed in one episode, it does no one any good really. That's not to say TPTB can't fix it by evening out things from here on, but the start of it was just.... geez.

Comment

Yeah its bad when even us Lois fans are like wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
            It was definitely rushed and lightswitchy, but I'm just happy that they've started it. I don't know, I guess I just don't expect much when it comes to the writing of this show so wasn't all that surprised by the way Lois' interest in journalism was handled.
            Exactly. I'm like, "what do people expect from Al/ Miles?".

Comment

HAHA its sad that were not supposed to expect anything good out of the creators lol

Comment

I see it this way. Lois sees this barn door come out of nowhere fall and almost kill her. She tells CLark and Martha about it and they dismiss it as nothing. Then goes to her cousin who is always talking about paranormal things and even she dismisses it also. So this event keeps going through her head and she wants someone to listen her and take her serious so she writes an article about it. In that process she really gets into it and realizes that she does like it. Even though i do like it i don't like that it was rushed. I think its because of the last minute script changes cuz i believe Craig said that she wasnt even in sneeze at first.

Comment

Lightswitch!

Comment

i think the writers were aiming to make the whole situation funny and the jump into writing a funny situation caused by clark's sneezing. not just that, the fact that both clark and chloe were trying to persuade her from not digging more into the whole flying barn door story by covering it up with weather and barometric pressure etc.

so its basically chole and clark that gave her that story. she had a story just no evidence to prove anything since well her cousin to whom she is very loyal to said that there was nothing interesting in what happened so instead we get global warming vs aliens story perfect for her new newspaper she is writing for.

without evidence we can only make up theories and thats exactly the fun loving lois did.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
                      To quote superman.

"That is possibly the worst grammar I have ever heard. Possibly."
                      Sorry English is not my first language...Can you write it right for me to learn?

Comment

How about this...they're giving "Iconic Lois Lane" a lightswitch, writing for a questionable and often trashy newspaper. If the fans aren't pissed, they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi
                          Lightswitch!
                          TPTB!

Comment

I can't believe people aren't mentioning the fact that "Lois Lane" called The DAILY PLANET a "stuffy, pseudo-intellectual rag"!!! HELLO!! She totally dissed her future place of work! That's one of the many reasons she's not Lois Lane.

And she was not only turned down by first, The Ledger, but then The Daily Planet, so she had to go to the only other option she could find.... The Inquisitor. Which has been proven on this show to be the lowest of all lows in the journalism world.

Also, she didn't even INVESTIGATE the barn door story anyways. She just accepted Chloe's story at face value and then wrote a story about it, coupled with an undertone of "look what almost happened to ME.. it could've KILLED me!!!" That's not a real investigative reporter.

"Lois" also said Chloe was jealous of her. And where does she get off saying that? What exactly should Chloe be jealous of??

I'm not even gonna get into the last scene because there was so much ridiculous in it I don't even know where to start.

This was the lightswitchiest lightswitch to end all lightswitches.

Comment

I think it's awesome.
                              I loved how she can't spell anything, that part didn't change.
                              One step closer to her destiny

Comment

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
                                How about this...they're giving "Iconic Lois Lane" a lightswitch, writing for a questionable and often trashy newspaper. If the fans aren't pissed, they should be.
                                How about this...they make "The Iconic Clark Kent" a complete moron most of the time, he dropped out of school, thinks his powers are a curse and who refuses to accept his destiny. Fans are pissed about that but they are still watching. Lois' transition to journalism is just as bad as the character development for every other character on this show, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎