Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myankskent
    I'd be watching the baseball too but I didn't last night because the Yankees played during the day yesterday. But the baseball is shown every year and that is no excuse. Zod still pulled in high ratings, even though it was lower than most premiers. The main story here is that Zod was not able to keep people interested like Arrival was able to do last year when Mortal aired. And why is the fact that The CW is not available in all areas a major factor? The WB wasn't available in all areas either. There are some areas that didn't get the WB last year that now get the CW.
    Last season Smallville stay the same for the first 3 episodes.

Then it increased by the 4th episode then went down, but stayed the same a bit as the first 3 episodes.

1. Arrival.......final number 5.9 million viewers.
    2. Mortal.......final number 5.9 million viewers
    3. Hidden.......final number 5.9 million viewers.
    4. Aqua.......final number 6.4 million viewers.
    5. Thirst.....Final Number 5.8 million viewers.

The excuse CW isn't reaching everyone was a good one last week.

But for this week it's about how last week did 5.0 and this week did 4.6.

Meaning people were disinterest with what they saw in Zod and didn't care to see it continue into the second episode which had the running theme of what happened in Zod.

Comment

Sooooooooo, who wants to argue with me about what sells in Smallville now?!

I said this before, you cant use the "some people dont get the CW crap" again if ratings dropped from last week. 400,000 viewers didnt care enought to watch this episode. GG improved their audience but SVL didnt.

Last year, Arrival had 5.9 viewers and Mortal had the same number, same as Hidden. Even in S4 the drop was like 300,000 after Crusade, but now its 400,000.

Don't come to me saying the final numbers are usually better cuz they werent for Zod, the preliminar numbers were 5 millions and it ended up being 4.96.

Also, the 18-49 demographics which matters the most to advertisers and what they're closely monitoring is significantly low compared to last year's #1-2 rank.

Smallville 18-49 ranked them #4 for last night's episode, and it can only go lower from now on.

Oh, how happy I am to see the ratings droping like this! We didnt had an ep with such bad ratings last year until Void (17th ep of the season)!! How sad is that!!

Oh but yeah.. everyone totally hates Clana and loves Chlark and Lexana and Clois! thats why the ratings look exactly like S4 ratings did.

Comment

tmkfan I read your post in the other thread on the 4th and you basically called the ratings for this week.

if it goes down to 4.5 or 4 you cant use that argument again, I just hope you get that.
        So you were off by a number.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
          tmkfan I read your post in the other thread on the 4th and you basically called the ratings for this week.

So you were off by a number.
          We Clanas get the ratings right ALL the time, we know how predictable SVL can be

Soo whats the guess for next weeks episode! Promoting a character that no one gives a crap about.

If the ratings for the 4th episode of this season dont have good numbers like all the other seasons (weirdly, this ep always gets awesome ratings) then I'll believe SVL really is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by tmkfan
            I said this before, you cant use the "some people dont get the CW crap" again if ratings dropped from last week. 400,000 viewers didnt care enought to watch this episode. GG improved their audience but SVL didnt.
            You still didn't got the difference between an argument and hard cold facts, even after someone posted the facts. I guess the "myside bias" is still working with you.

We Clanas get the ratings right ALL the time, we know how predictable SVL can be
            Is... That... A... Joke...? What me to dig the older threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
              You still didn't got the difference between an argument and hard cold facts, even after someone posted the facts. I guess the "myside bias" is still working with you.
              whatever you say man! live in denial all season for all I care.

when they have to bring clana back to save the ugly ratings you'll finally realize how right i was.

um dude, if you cant see whats right in front of your face i cant keep repeating it, why the heck do you think so many ppl came back in S5 to watch it after the numbers being extremely low for S4?

Comment

I read her posts and her argument was if next weeks ratings do bad, those hard cold facts no longer imply for now on.

The hard cold fact for this week is, other CW shows improved in their number while Smallville didn't.

Comment

whatever you say man! live in denial all season for all I care.
                  I'm not the one in denial here, thank you, because one, I don't live on the US and two, I don't watch the show for any ship.

I read her posts and her argument was if next weeks ratings do bad, those hard cold facts no longer imply for now on.

The hard cold fact for this week is, other CW shows improved in their number while Smallville didn't.
                  Those hard cold facts are always implied everywhere until they finally get CW. Nobody knows the numbers affected. But even without counting those, there is also the fact that there was baseball at the same time.

Bottom line, like I always said, NOBODY knows except the CW. The "Clana = ratings" is old and rediculous after six years.
                  Last edited by Timester; 10-06-2006, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Just answer me that man! Why when S5 and S6 had almost the same new plots coming in (Chloe knowing the secret, Clex fighting, Brainiac crap) only with the difference of Clark and Lana being together, S6 is getting such low ratings?!

Comment

[B]Those hard cold facts are always implied everywhere until they finally get CW.
                      So this weeks down 4.6 from last weeks 5.0 is due to people still not having the CW?

Nobody knows the numbers affected. But even without counting those, there is also the fact that there was baseball at the same time.
                      Grey’s Anatomy numbers stay the same last night from last week, even with baseball.

And FOX came out in 4th for the night with baseball.

No different then FOX having a repeat of that 70's show.

Comment

Just answer me that man! Why when S5 and S6 had almost the same new plots coming in (Chloe knowing the secret, Clex fighting, Brainiac crap) only with the difference of Clark and Lana being together, S6 is getting such low ratings?!
                        Actually, those are the old plots. But new shows on the major networks (people always, but always move to see the new things, and then move back to the old shows, it's equal on every place in the world) and the fact that CW is a new channel with a very bad start might be big factors. And how many times we talked here that baseball games always affected Smalville? Is not a new thing.

There are plenty of factors, including unknown factors, so we, viewers, will never know the true reasons. Only the network.

So this weeks down 4.6 from last weeks 5.0 is due to people still not having the CW?

Grey’s Anatomy numbers stay the same last night from last week, even with baseball.

And FOX came out in 4th for the night with baseball.

No different then FOX having a repeat of that 70's show.
                        Perhaps you missed the "Bottom line, like I always said, NOBODY knows except the CW." on the same post?

Comment

So how do you know the Clana = Ratings theory isnt right if youre saying only the CW knows? *iz confused*

Comment

Perhaps you missed the "Bottom line, like I always said, NOBODY knows except the CW." on the same post?
                            Okay... I understand that, but then why did you use the baseball excuse if NOBODY knows the reason why?

And how many times we talked here that baseball games always affected Smalville? Is not a new thing.
                            Always when I come here it's always the plot factor that affects the ratings.

At least that's what you always say, never baseball.
                            Last edited by Kreukie; 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Soo whats the guess for next weeks episode! Promoting a character that no one gives a crap about.

If the ratings for the 4th episode of this season dont have good numbers like all the other seasons (weirdly, this ep always gets awesome ratings) then I'll believe SVL really is in trouble.

so sad...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon AZ

so sad...
                                You can't call someone who called out this week's number two days before the airing of the episode and only being off by a number, "sad".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎