No announcement yet.

Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie

I can't believe that there isn't a thread for our favorite tech savvy VM character.

Since S1 Mac has been through a lot on this show. She was switched at birth with the catty rich Madison Sinclair, her parents don't understand her, she is drooled on by Butters repeatedly, and her heart was broken by a very messed up and crazy Cassidy (Beaver). Through it all... Mac remains the Q to Veronica's Bond.

Talk about your favorite Apple loving gadget guru here!!

No one has anything to say about Mac? She is by far my fave character and I really want her to come back.

Comment

I wonder if Mac will ever be able to recover from the trauma of dating Beaver. To be that wrong about a person would be incredibly hard. It seemed that Mac really loved him and cared for him, never suspecting him to be evil or crazy. She must really be doubting herself now. And certainly her trust for people can't be all that intact.

Just the pain in her eyes when Dick told her that Beaver never loved her and she was just his beard shows how much she did love him. Part of her is holding on to the idea that he loved her, despite how messed up he was.

Comment

Mac is awesome. I had my hair cut like the way she has it this season. I wish I could do all she can with computers. And I can do a lot with them.

Comment

I love Mac. She is definitely one of the greater characters on the show. She has a great personality. I love her hair, too.

Comment

I liked Mac from the beginning. I just watched her first appearance with a friend today, and my friend loves Mac already. I wish they had spent more time on Mac than on some other characters, like Dick.

I definitely think Mac handled the whole Beaver thing pretty well. It took her awhile to get over it, but she bounced back with not one, but two boyfriends, so I'd say she did pretty well for herself.

And, I must mention, I was a fan of every hairstyle she ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by comptonassmel
              I wish they had spent more time on Mac than on some other characters, like Dick.
              *gasp* Blasphemy!!! NO way!! I love Dick more!!!! (man I hate saying that!)

But yeah, Mac is so awesome and even though there is nothing I have ached for more on VM than LoVe, in the episode, Silence of the Lamb, I was so aching for Mac because I wanted her to go back to her "real" family". It was quite painful to watch. Especially the scene with her little sister. It broke my heart because they are so alike and I can't even imagine the sisterly bond she is missing out on, and we all know Madison couldn't give a crap about her "sister". UGH! I just wanted to see Madison humiliated too! How awesome would it have been if it had been revealed to everyone that she was a poor girl from a poor family!!! Man do I wish......

And out of all the people I watched the show with, my mom became especially attached to Mac. Even after that episode and on through S2 and S3 she kept coming back to it. "I want Mac to go live with her real family this season." And I kept telling her it wasn't going to happen. That the issue was done that episode, but she either was in denial or she didn't believe me. *sigh* So I know she was really sad when nothing came of it.....

That's what all these characters do though. They creep into your heart and pretty soon you are so invested in them that little things like that matter to you.
              Last edited by SweetOne; 10-17-2008, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I haven't seen that episode lately. It did always bug me that she never got to know this sister. And Madison is just horrible. But when I think too much into it, I just start to wonder about the whole nature/nurture idea, and if they hadn't been switched, maybe Madison would have been nice and Mac would have been a...not so nice girl. Just putting that out there.

Comment

I maintain that it would have been way cool if Madison's *parents* were to realize what a selfish skank she was and disowned her. Or if Madison were to take off to parts unknown, never to be seen again and only mentioned in passing, and if Mac had then taken a bigger part in Lauren's life, thereby guaranteeing herself a place in the hearts and minds of her birth parents.

Comment

I don't understand why they didn't each keep the kid they had, but also try and maintain a relationship of some sort with their biological child. How hard must it be to know that your real kid is running around being raised by someone else? Obviously you love the child you have, but I just think I would never get over the loss of the other child.

Comment

Come on, the Sinclairs? Mixing with the Mackenzies? No way! That would be social suicide!

Comment

Haha good point. But still, it's just so weird to think that you have family out there that you haven't embraced.

Comment

Perhaps not so much anymore, what with all the precautions hospitals now take, but the whole 'switched at birth' thing wasn't unheard of. Ergo all the precautions that hospitals now take.

Comment

They were born in 86 or 87, in a rich area. That's pretty sad for that hospital, when you think about it. It was awhile ago, but it wasn't 1842 or anything.

Comment

True, but still, it wasn't unheard of. Also, there was the whole lawsuit story there, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎