Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.01 - In My Time of Dying (Season 2 Premiere)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good season premier.
    A nice episode about the Winchester men.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22

I'm annoyed at John for once again choosing to remain stoic instead of talking to his sons. At least he sort of spoke to Dean, but once again left Sam out of the loop. I realize his motivation - Sam wasn't able to sacrifice his father in order to get revenge. However, John is no different - he is unable to sacrifice Dean in order to fulfil his revenge mission.
      well i think it's because of what john explained to dean. he was more of a protector and guardian, but he wasn't a father. so in this case i see him as being unable to use that side of him because to be brutally honest it's probably long dead in him.

Originally posted by SweetOne

When Sammy first wakes up in the car, he's saying "Dad?" to see if he's conscious and when he get's no response he gets freaked out. Then he says "Dean?....Dean?...DEAN!?!" and just screams Dean's name. You can just feel his agony because Dean isn't responding. I just thought it said something about the difference between his relationship with his Dad and Dean. He says his Dad's name a couple of times but he screams Deans name in terror. It is a great example of how much closer he is to his brother (who practically raised him) than his own father.
      well i mean even besides they barely got along he spent most of his time with dean, as most siblings do. that would only be expected of him. not that it's any less touching of course^^

i remember when me and my brother were in a car and i have insane "carphobia" (yeah i'm sure that's not a word) and i was sure there was going to be a car accident. my first reaction was reaching over to my big brother and blocking him with my body. so i can understand sam's reaction.

-------
      so looks like S1 was a success, there are better camera angles and dean's super close-ups are not coincidence for sure lmaooo i mean seriously the camera is so close i noticed for the first time jensen has tiny freckles sprinkled across the first part of his face (forehead to cheeks).
      ------
      so even if sam didn't kill his father he still would have died anyway. it's really no-one's fault.

"We were just starting to become brothers again..." aw sam, don't feel too bad!

when dean yelled "STOP" at sam and john arguing and knocked over the glass i had to laugh. he has to stop thse two from at each others' necks even in the afterlife!

and john is right. dean not only had the burden of taking care of a parent (something a child should NEVER experience), but he also had to take care of his brother at well. and not only that but he did a dang fine job of it too. he didn't say a word about it and shouldered it alone. no-one will truly understand what dean went through for 20 some odd years.

strange that they would make dean die twice in two episodes though. it seems like it's almost becoming a trope. oh well, this was a strong season starter. liked it a lot. i really liked sam going to the extent of getting a ouija board just for his brother. this season is starting to show how much sam is willing to do for dean this time.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎