Ratings for Zod

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville will never beat a show on a major network. It is as simple as that. The sad fact is that the show loses ratings with each season. Unfortunately I think that Zod will only get between 4.5-5.5 million viewers. It might do a little over 6 million because it was the premiere. But I am skeptical.

Comment

zap2it reports a 2.9

i dont know if thats good or not but i remember most of last season was in the 3's right?

Comment

Accroding to zap2it.com Smallville got a 2.9 rating on the fast nationals

To compare with other CW shows

1. America's Next Top Model 3.4

2. Gilmore Girls 3.1

3. Smallville/7th Heaven 2.9

Comment

A 2.9 out of what?

It is usually a number on the left / a number on the right.

But from the looks of things I may be right unfortunately. I am thinking between 4.5-5.5 million.

Comment

ya it sucks that ratings drop and this season looks like its going to be a good one. they need better promotions for smallville cause the trialer for next weeks would have been better if they added that certian part most people would enjoy. not going to say what since its a spoiler. but that would have boosted ratings higher then lex on a table.

Comment

According to Mediaweek :

Also at 8 p.m. was the season-premiere of the CW’s Smallville (Overnights: #4, 3.8/ 6; Viewers: #5, 5.04 million; A18-49: #5, 2.2/ 6),

Looks like I was right.

All I have to say is OUCH. That is pretty damn low for a premiere. All the premieres have always done over 6 million easy. It is a shame too because Zod was actually deserving of much higher ratings.

Comment

Last year's premiere got 5.9 million viewers.

The 5.04 will probably go up a few when the final number is released.

Anyway it looks like the CW merger has had a negative effect on the shows

For example Gilmore Girls last season got 6.22 million viewers for their season opener, this year 4.6 million.

Comment

but you have to remeber that not everyone was able to watch cause there were like 10 states or something plus direct tv people and stuff that didnt get the cw

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                    According to Mediaweek :

Also at 8 p.m. was the season-premiere of the CW’s Smallville (Overnights: #4, 3.8/ 6; Viewers: #5, 5.04 million; A18-49: #5, 2.2/ 6),

Looks like I was right.

All I have to say is OUCH. That is pretty damn low for a premiere. All the premieres have always done over 6 million easy. It is a shame too because Zod was actually deserving of much higher ratings.
                    That's a real shame. I was really wondering about the ratings since I've noticed there hasn't been a huge amount of activity on alot of the SV msg boards I've visited. Even on this one there doesn't seem to be as many posts as there usually is for a big episode like the premiere. I wonder what the CW will do if the ratings don't improve?

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                      That's a real shame. I was really wondering about the ratings since I've noticed there hasn't been a huge amount of activity on alot of the SV msg boards I've visited. Even on this one there doesn't seem to be as many posts as there usually is for a big episode like the premiere. I wonder what the CW will do if the ratings don't improve?
                      Smallville is going to be the most watched show on the CW this week and might beat Top Model (5.14 million) for most watched season opener (will have to wait to see final number)

CW isn't going to do anything
                      Last edited by joesmallville; 09-29-2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joesmallville
                        Last year's premiere got 5.9 million viewers.

The 5.04 will probably go up a few when the final number is released.

Anyway it looks like the CW merger has had a negative effect on the shows

For example Gilmore Girls last season got 6.22 million viewers for their season opener, this year 4.6 million.
                        But I wonder if it's the merger or the quality of the shows? There are a lot of fans who refused to watch "GG" this year because the quality went down. I thought that affected their premiere numbers more than the merger.

"Supernatural" went down from 5.69 to 3.81... but they say that it's still pretty good given that they're competition was "Grey's Anatomy" & "CSI". I think "Ugly Betty" and "The Office" definitely hurt "Smallville".

It'll be interesting to see what happens with "Veronica Mars". Maybe only the WB shows will suffer a ratings decrease & the merger will help the UPN shows.

Comment

The ratings for Supernatural are down too. Looks like it is the change in networks...taking viewers time to get used to a new network.

Comment

Originally posted by joesmallville
                            Smallville is going to be the most watched show on the CW this week and might beat Top Model (5.14 million) for most watched season opener (will have to wait to see final number)

CW isn't going to do anything
                            Dawn Oshroff did say that she expects the ratings to dip all around because it'll take time for them to establish the new network. But I bet she's still disappointed. I got a sense that the CW was really taking "SV" for granted. On their website, most of the shows had "director's cuts" of the upcoming episodes and teaser information. They didn't do that for "SV". And they didn't even give "SV" a decent promo. It's like they didn't even try to rope in new viewers -- they just expected that the old ones would show up.

Comment

it probably didnt help that the smallville ad had clark looking like a moron.

Comment

The Thursday night competition is an absolute killer. With the strong premiere of Ugly Betty, each network has strong shows in the 8:00/9:00 slot. Given the increased competition, I wouldn't be surprised to see Smallville moved to a different night this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎