No announcement yet.

Kristen Bell in "Fanboys"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristen Bell in "Fanboys"

Kristen Bell is starring in the movie Fanboys, which is currently in post-production. The movie is about a group of Star Wars obsessed friends who venture to see the first showing of Episode I.

"Fanboys is a comedy about friends, fans and delusions of grandeur. Fanboys takes place in the fall of 1998, a time when everything was pure and Star Wars ruled the world once again. We follow four life-long best friends who travel cross-country in an attempt to break into George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch. Their mission is to see Star Wars Episode I early when they discover one of the young men in their group is diagnosed with terminal cancer and will not live long enough to see the film in theaters the following May. This film expresses what it means to care about something so truly that you would do anything for it… what it means to be a fan. This is a film for the fans, made by the fans. " - Kyle Newman and Matthew Perniciaro

An early review of the movie says this...
    Quite simply, Fanboys is a film that Kevin Smith wishes he would have made. The film has a lot of the same elements as a Kevin Smith movie except Fanboys has one major advantage, it has been directed. (Sorry Kevin, but while I dig your dialogue, as a director I have never been impressed). From the camera work to the fleshed out three-dimensional characters, I bought into the world of Fanboys and the actors who portrayed them.

You beat me to posting that picture.... and I was just going to post the picture and some incoherent gibberish, so it's probably for the best.

Yay.

Comment

holy crap that picture is soo freakin funny lmfao. Kristen looks awesome in the costume. my brothers are Star War freaks and wanna see this now lol. it's great to hear that this is a movie Kevin Smith wishes he made b/c i hate his movies so anything to bash him haha. i cannot wait for this movie to come out i will definately go an see the first day it comes out.

by the way... does anyone know when the movie is out in theaters?

Comment

Fanboys trailers have been released and they look great, although Kristen Bell doesn't seem to be featured too much in them. The current release date seems to be August 17, 2007.

If you haven't seen it yet, then check out the trailer

Comment

I'm bumping this thread because fanboys has finally had a limited release and kristen has been on different late night shows talking about it so I wan to know if anyone has seen it in the few cities its playing and if its as good as it sounds.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎