No announcement yet.

RUSH *The Non-Angsty Version*

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice start!

I assume this is Pete unaffected by the parasite?

While his actions are overborard, his logic seems impeccable.

Comment

^Yeah, Pete's not infected....yet? (yeah I'm mean like that)

-I'm actually still thinking of who should get infected, and the ideas I got from people are pretty good...so you guys will probably be a little suprised Well, I'll probably update a little later, untill then, see ya

Comment

CH 5
        HEAD VS HEART

Clark continues standing right in place, staring at the Talon as his heart and head go at war, fighting about Clark’s last conversation with Pete.

Heart- He does have a point. We should just go for it, considering we don’t have any real, GOOD reasons not to.

Head- Umm, hello, I think you’re forgetting something…

Heart- Oh yeah, and what’s that?

Head- Oh I don’t know, maybe something along the lines of OUR SECRET!

Heart- Lana will totally understand…unless you think she’s that shallow?

Head- What? Hey, don’t you twist my words. I would never even dare think that Lana is that shallow.

Heart- Then what’s your problem? Obviously you agree with me that she will understand and except us, so what are you *****ing about now?

Head- Well, there is always the possibility that she will say no. Given the history between us, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was her answer.

Heart- What happened with Travis just reminds us that we don’t have all the time in the world. Honestly, I think we already wasted enough time.

Head- *pause* Fine. But if she says no, don’t come crying to me.

Finally deciding what he needs to do, Clark runs across the street to the Talon, knowing he will either be leaving heart filled or heartbroken. Well, there’s no turning back now…Let’s hope today, is the day when my sweetest dream, finally becomes reality.

^Yes, I know this update is super short, but there will be another update tonight

Comment

Hey nice update

Comment

yeah... it was nice to see Clark debating with himself werther she tell her or not... PPMS

Comment

CH 6
              IS HE SERIOUS?

Clark opens the Talon doors, with his now shaky hands. As he walks in, he makes an attempt at fixing himself up and calming down, considering he looks like he is about to have a panic attack. He looks up from the floor long enough to notice that Lana is no more than four feet away from him, writing some specials on the chalk board.

Maybe I can still make a run for it…NO, come on Clark, just start by saying a simple ‘hey.’ “Hey.”

Whoa, okay how long has Clark been there? And why does he sound nervous? Lana looks up from the chalk board to Clark. “Hey.”

*silence* Well this just got awkward. Come on Lana, think of a conversation starter before this gets even more awkward. “Did you hear about Travis?” Lana asks, sounding a little sad.

Clark looks down sadly for a second before responding “Yeah, pretty sad, huh?”

Lana stands up and says “Yeah. The police think he might have been on something, which is the only explanation. I mean, we always assume that we have all the time in the world, but we never know.” Hint, hint, Clark.

Clark just nods along to what she is saying. This could be the perfect moment to finally ask her out.

Lana turns and begins to walk towards the counter, while saying with an amused tone “The school counselor told me I need to look forward, embrace living, carpe diem.” Lana switches to a more serious tone before continuing “At first I thought it sounded corny, but the more I think about it, she’s right.”

Clark follows Lana and continues nodding along. I can do this. Maybe, just avoid looking into her eyes, which might make it easier.

Lana finally reaches the counter and walks behind it, to put the chalk away before continuing “You know, I just don’t want to be a spectator in my own life.”

Clark seeing the hints and signs everywhere, takes a deep breathe before taking advantage of this perfect opportunity “Yeah , me neither.” Okay, I got to remember to breathe. “We should go on a date, together.” Oxygen is starting to become a problem. Breathe Clark! You don’t want to pass out before she even gives you an answer.

Lana looks up in surprise at what Clark just said. He did just ask me out, right? I mean I’m not daydreaming again am I?

Now that Clark found function of his lungs again he continues “In the near future.” I would resort to begging if needed.

Thinking that she might actually be daydreaming this, feels the need to ask “Are you serious?” If he’s joking, I might just have to slap him.

Clark just nods and quickly responds “I was.” If she says yes, I will probably faint. If she says no, I will probably also faint.

Clark, feeling a little scared that is has been almost three minutes, and she has yet to give an answer, starts to back down. “But if you don’t want to go’…” I hope I don’t cry.

Finally snapping back to reality, Lana cuts Clark off before he even dares backing down “When?”

Seriously unbelieving that she agreed to go on a date with him, Clark has to ask “You mean you’ll go?” Please say yes.

A very happy looking Lana responds with a simple “Yeah.” Hell yeah, who wouldn’t! “I assume that was the answer you were looking for.” Haha, is he blushing?

I hope I’m not blushing. “Yeah, I just didn’t think it’d be that easy.” If I did know, I would have asked, like, months ago.

Aww, he’s so cute when he is blushing. “Well, all you had to do was ask.”

Finally exiting out of dork-faze, Clark starts to get down to business “Well, how about tomorrow?” My face is going to hurt with all the smiling I’m doing.

“Sounds like fun.” I can’t stop smiling!

“Right, it’s a date.” ALRIGHT, I FINALLY DID IT!

“Okay.” ALRIGHT, HE FINALLY DID IT!

Clark turns around walking toward the exit of the Talon, already thinking about his plans for tomorrow. I have been planning this for months. I just hope she will love what I have planned.

Comment

FINALLY! PPMS

Comment

CH 7
                  WHAT'S YOUR INTEREST

Clark pulls out a trash bag ready to clean up the mess, in the cave, left from the rave. This place is a mess…well, looking on the bright side, I got a date with Lana tomorrow. Man, I still can’t believe it! As soon as Clark opens the trash bag, a flashlight flashes in his eyes. He looks around, searching for the keeper of the flashlight.

“Don’t bother. I’ve got a maintenance crew coming.” Why am I, not surprised to see Clark here?

Clark let’s out a sigh, feeling relived and at the same time, kind of disappointed to see Lex. Why does Lex, always feel the need to come out of no where and scare the crap out of me? “Lex, I didn’t see you there.” What, did you come out of the shadows or something?

While looking around to make sure no damage was done to the painting, “I was just checking for damage.” Lex, starts to walk closer to Clark, and kicks a can on the ground, “Looks like it was quite a bash.” Damn kids!

Clark packs his trash bag back into his backpack. “Pete tried to break it up.” Oh man, I can’t wait to tell Pete about my date with Lana!

Well obviously Pete’s efforts failed. “Oh, I’m sure it was a noble effort.” Nice try, Pete. “But not many teenagers are interested in 500 year-old cave paintings.” Well except for you Clark…

Clark and Lex continue looking around the cave. “What’s your interest, Clark?”

Wow, I saw this one coming. “What do you mean?” Why, does Lex have to be so curious?

Lex continues searching for damage, and explains, “When I fired the security guard, I asked him who else he let in these caves.” Stupid security guard. “He told me you were down here almost everyday.” Lex turns around to face Clark. “Now, you wouldn’t be keeping secrets from me, would you, Clark?”

You just can’t let things go, can you Lex? “Kyla gave her life for these caves.” I miss Kyla! “I’m doing a term paper on the drawings.” Technically, that is the truth.

Turning his head to see something, he spots something. it's a book in a backpack. Lex pulls out the book from Clark’s backpack. staring at the book he reads it's title,“Deciphering the Mysterious of Hieroglyphics, by Dr. Fredrick Walden.” Interesting. Lex looks back at Clark, still holding the book, “Sounds like a real humdinger, Clark.”

Sure Lex, go through my stuff. See if I care. “ I have always wondered Lex, why’d you start the preservation project? It’s not like there’s big money in caves.”

Sounding kind of shady, Lex replies “I like a good mystery. This one promises to be fascinating.” Pause. “Wouldn’t you agree?”

Okay, that’s my cue to exit. “I better get going.”

As Clark begins to walk away, Lex say, “I told the new security men nobody comes down here without my permission.”

Clark stops walking and turns around to face Lex. Where is he going with this?

“Nobody except Clark Kent, of course.”

Clark just smiles at him and walks out of the cave. Okay I might want to keep an eye on Lex, but right now I have to start getting everything ready for tomorrow.

<I will have another update for you guys tonight...That is if I can get through my German homework>

Comment

great update is some grest Clana coming up.

Comment

Great job so far, keep goin with story!

Comment

CH 8
                        CLEARING THE AIR

Chloe, walks into the Talon, and finds Lana at the counter adjusting some flowers.

“Hey, I didn’t hear you leave this morning.” She’s was probably avoiding me.

I was avoiding you. “Oh, I had to be here first thing.”

“If I didn’t know better I’d say you were avoiding me.”

Lana finally makes eye contact with Chloe, and says, “Don’t take it personally. It’s just how I cope.”

Okay, I can buy that. “I don’t want to be one of those annoying people that say: I’m here if you need to talk. But I am.”

“I appreciate it.” Lana begins to back away from Chloe and heads toward the back room.

“Listen, if you don’t feel like talking I thought we could go to Metropolis tomorrow and do some serious shopping.” I love shopping. Chloe pauses a second before continuing, “My dad even said that he would join in on the conspiracy and get us out of school early.”

Lana finally comes back from the backroom, with a fake smile and says, “Thanks, and I’d love to.” She picks up the flowers on the counter from earlier and heads over to a table. “But, you know, I already have plans with Clark.” Let the awkwardness begin.

Oh, so this is probably the real reason why she was avoiding me. Chloe walks over to Lana, now more curious then ever. “What kind of plans?” Not that I don’t already know the answer.

Lana begins to set the table, while avoiding eye contact with Chloe. “Well, he asked me out on a date.” I still can’t believe it myself.

NO WAY! Keep cool, Chloe. Chloe takes a deep breathe, “Wow, I thought you were giving up on the mating dance.”

“Yeah, yeah, me too.” She looks pissed.

I’m pissed. “But you still said yes.”

Deep breathe, “Look, Chloe, if this is gonna be too weird for you…”

Chloe cuts her off, before she can finish, “No.” That’s it Chloe, play nice. “My feelings for Clark are so ancient they’re-They’re fossilized.” Smooth. Chloe lets out a mental sigh, “Seriously, you should go for it.”

Is she seriously giving me her blessing, because I accepted a little more drama from Chloe. Wanting to make sure she had her friends complete blessing, Lana asks, “Are you sure?”

No. “Lana, does it really matter how I feel?”

Lana looks down. No, not really, but I’m not going to be rude.

Chloe looks away from Lana. “If I was in your position, I’d do the exact same thing.” Seriously. “Don’t let me be your excuse.” Sometimes I hate having to be the good friend.

Lana looks up at Chloe, happy that she had her friend’s approval, “Okay.” Glad I dodged that bullet. “I’m glad we cleared the air.”

“Me too.” I really want to slap you. “I’ll see you tonight.”

Thank goodness, she’s leaving. “Okay.”

CH 9 A
                        WHERE ARE THEY?

||KENT FARM||

Clark, walks into the kitchen, absolutely starving. As Clark is pulling out some day old pizza, he begins to wonder where his parents are at.

“MOM? DAD?” Hmm, I wonder where they are. “HELLO?”

Clark finishes up the slice of pizza, and walks outside hoping to find any clue to where his parents are. Clark scans the fields hoping to find a trace of his dad anywhere, but finds nothing. He walks around the porch, hoping to find his mom in her garden, “Mom? Are you here?” They must be in town. Maybe I should go back inside, there might be a note or something that I might have missed earlier. Clark was just about to turn around and head back inside, when all of a sudden he hears a painful yell coming straight from the barn…

<Yes, I know I am being mean...but hey if makes you feel any better I will give you guys 2 to 3 updates tomorrow (maybe) >

Comment

Please Update SOON

Comment

wow a cliffhanger for us clana fan readers huh?also PLEASE uppdate ASAP

Comment

Not good, PPMS!!!

Comment

thats was awesome dude

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡