Collapse
No announcement yet.

What line comes next? (Smallville)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that was Lex to Clark in the loft in Stray after Clark had asked if Lex ever wished he had a sibling, and he told Clark he'd had one. Lex continued with your line then "I'd never seen my father happier. The day Julian was born was the only time I felt like I was part of a real family."

Who follows: "Think about that on your flight home."

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that was Milton Fine to Lex in Hypnotic. It was the last line of the scene.
      Next line is Lois to Clark at the farmhouse, saying, "Where you off to, Romeo? A motel with, uh, vibrating beds?"

What follows: "I was home-schooled up until now."

Comment

• That was Jordan to Clark at SV High in Hereafter after Clark had just introduced himself and asked if Jordan was OK. Clark responded "Allow me to be your lifeline. All new students are assigned a mentor, most importantly because they come with map. Let me give you a lay of the land." Shortly after, Clark saved Coach Altman.

Next line, please: "Dozens of times, in fact."

Comment

• I believe that was Dr Bernard Chisholm to Lois in Conspiracyafter she suggested that he should write to a reporter to get their attention. He said that he had tried that approach. Lois answered, "Well, considering your story’s alien angle, those letters probably never made it off the wacko pile."

What follows: "You saved my life. Wait. How did you save my life?"

Comment

• That was photographer Bert at the scene of Desaad's dumped bodies in Masquerade after he'd fallen down a hole but Clark just grabbed him in time. Clark's response was "It was a, uh, adrenaline thing. Yeah, I'm a little bit bigger than you, and, um, it probably has to do with center of gravity."

Next line, please: "What's your E.T.A.?"

Comment

• In the last season of Babylon 5 there was an episode called A View from the Gallery.

Babylon 5 was a science-fiction show and it started out with this Earth space station and some border conflicts but nothing big was going on and then things escalated. And the characters (The character G'Kar once said "Let me pass on to you the one thing I've learned about this place: No one here is exactly what he appears. Not Mollari, not Delenn, not Sinclair .. and not me." and this became very true) grew with these conflicts.

Then in the fifth season they made that episode and the main characters were two maintenance workers who repaired all kinds of stuff across the station and you got to see the whole episode (which featured some major crisis) from their limited point of view.

A Burt and Jeff episode could have been an interesting idea, I would have gladly taken that over Prophecy.

What follows: "You saved my life. Wait. How did you save my life?"

Burt to Clark in Masquerade. Clark replies:

"It's eh...an adrenaline thing. I'm a little bit bigger than you and erm it probably has to do with center of gravity."

Edit:

Next line, please: "What's your E.T.A.?"

Lois to Clark on the cell phone in Instinct.

He replies "I'm flying into the building right now."

What follows "Now, where do I sign?"
              Last edited by DJ Doena; 12-04-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• That was Lionel to one of the Ross brothers (possibly Pete's dad) in the Pilot. The next line is, "Right here. Mr. Luthor."

Next, please: "I was talking to a couple of people-"

Comment

• That was Chloe to Pete outside the Torch in Talisman about Pete's Mom's chances of the Federal judgeship. An angry Pete cut her off with "You don't stop until you get your scoop, do you?!" and went on to say he understood why Clark used to get so mad with her about snooping into his privacy.

What line follows: "Easy, easy."

Comment

• Hm. I think that might have been said twice. Probably depends on how one of the lines is punctuated.

Anyway, Jonathan says that to Martha as he and Lois are trying to move the china cabinet off of her in Arrival. Lois then says, "She's barely breathing."

Also, Oliver says it to Tess in Toxic after her friend has been shot and she is talking about the bracelet she had given her - and getting very upset. He continues, "Shh. Let me help you. There you go. Shh-shh-shh-shh. Come here. I’m so sorry."

Next, please: "Well, it sounds kind of like hypnosis to me."

Comment

• I reckon that was a persuaded-to-be-mellow Dr. Emil to Clark at Watchtower in Persuasion, after Clark had said he suspected he'd gained a new power from breathing in a different form of meteor rock. Dr. Hamilton continued "Oh, people are pathetic. They're open to suggestion. I bet it's great with the ladies."

What line follows: "Tell me the truth, Lex."

Comment

• I believe that was Lana to Lex at the end of Freak, trying to find out if he was involved in whatever was going on with Dr. Bethany. She calls him on it when he tries to avoid the question, and he finally tells her, "On the soul of my unborn child, I swear. It's the truth."

Next line, please: "He's sick, possibly delusional."
                        Last edited by MrsK; 12-28-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• That was Lex to Lionel at the mansion about Dr. Hamilton in Duplicity. Lionel responded "Never underestimate the value of eccentrics and lunatics, Lex. Every Arthur needs his Merlin. Hamilton said that he found some sort of, um, disk and that you had it."

What follows: "Wait, everyone else in the building is dead. Who did this?"

Comment

• That was Clark to Tess at Cadmus labs in Lazarus after Chloe sent him there, saying it was burning after she had put on the Fate helmet.
                            Tess replied, "It was Lex. It was one of his clones. Look, I know. I know this sounds insane, but the real Lex was incubating dozens of them. I think he planned to use parts of their bodies to heal his own. Clark, but this one – this one had to be twenty years older, and he destroyed the rest of them.

Next line, please: "I did my homework on you."

Comment

• That was Regan Matthews to Tess in his office (??) at the DP in Odyssey when she questioned whether he was searching for Lex or covering his tracks. He defiantly continued "girl who taught herself to read in a Louisiana swamp house, got into Harvard at 15, goes deep-sea diving in her spare time. But I don't give a damn about any of it. Nobody questions my loyalty."

What follows: "I think he has a meteor power."

Comment

• I believe that was Clark to Lois and Chloe, referring to Geoff Johns in Recruit. Lois answered, "Using your powers on the field to cheat, it’s pathetic but it’s not paralyzing someone."

What follows: "And what makes you think I can help?"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎