Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Voice!

which singer of our time do you think has the greatest voice or had the greatest voice? list as many as you wish. list atleast one song for reference

The lead singer of Motion City Soundtrack (Justin Pierre) or H.I.M. (Ville Valo) imo, I love both their voices.

Comment

Freddie Mercury (Queen)

Comment

Jim Morrison<<The Doors

Originally posted by Zungas
        Freddie Mercury (Queen)
        He also rocks the house

Comment

I've been thinking about this question a good bit. For purely beautiful voices I would have to go with Luther Vandross (R & B singer who had a stroke and died last year) and k.d. lang (Constant Craving) His voice can melt butter and hers is so smooth and pure.

For versatility and amazing vocal ability I'd have to go with Freddy Mercury too. No one else like him. Christina Aguilera has an amazing voice although I don't always like the way she tends to overdo it.

As for a great rock & roll voice it would have to be Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. Not a smooth, polished voice but perfect for rock.

Other great voices, Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Lucky Man, From the Beginning); Seal (Crazy); & George Michael (Faith)

Comment

Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty (i dunno why, it just strikes a chord with me)

Sarah McLachlan has a beautifully pure voice, she makes it sound so effortless.

The lead singer of Dishwalla (J. R. Richards?) has a gorgeous voice too.

Brendon Urie of Panic at the Disco gets my vote also.

Comment

Panic! At the Disco (I Write Sins, Not Tragedies) is very cool, I love the lead singer's voice...

It's hard to say who has the best singing voice of all time. For me, I think it depends on the song. However, I always enjoyed the Backstreet Boys (All I Have to Give) harmonies....(guilty pleasure from 8th grade) - greatest singers ever, I don't know, but I loved their music in my youth.

John Mayer (No Such Thing) is pretty good too - don't know what I like more, his lyrics or his guitar playing, but I like him.

There are so many. I'll get back to you if I think of any more. (which I probably will)
              Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 06-19-2006, 03:33 PM.

Comment

There's a lot of great singing voices out there...I'm not sure about the best of all time, as I have not heard any where close to all of them.

The lead singer of Linkin Park, The lead singer of HIM, and the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars are my personal favs.

Comment

Freddie Mercury has a wonderful voice but I also really enjoy Norah Jones' voice.

Comment

Mariah Carey and her, glamourously named, split personality, Mimi. I love the song "Fourth of July" from Butterfly. It displays the beauty of her range without overdoing it with those tiresome screeches she sometimes does.

Comment

I would love to have a voice like Celine Dion. Freddie Mercury was good too, but Bryan Adams and Bono are great singers as well.

Comment

im gonna go with claudio sanchez, he has such a fresh sounding voice, it's completely different then anything i have ever heard, and the lead singer from avenged sevenfold is pretty good too

joey d.

Comment

Originally posted by LusciousLois
                          Mariah Carey and her, glamourously named, split personality, Mimi. I love the song "Fourth of July" from Butterfly. It displays the beauty of her range without overdoing it with those tiresome screeches she sometimes does.

yeah you can't really go wrong with Mariah carey, she does have a very wide range, but the strange thing is I find that some of her better songs, were the ones that were never released as a single, or didn't do as well on the charts as other songs.

Comment

I agree. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few songs: "Vanishing" off the first album and "If it's over", "So blessed" and "till the end of time" from Emotions. She's a great songwriter, as well. Yeah, most of her greatest songs are about heartache and lost love. But like she said, that's something that every person can relate to, unless they're without a soul. That was before she went a little bonkers, BTW.

Comment

Jeff Buckley had an amazing voice also in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎