Favorite Movie Quotes?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite film is ''Raise your voice'' ...

Comment

Originally posted by BeTrue
      Fight Club: "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"
      Fight Club features some of the best quotes from any movie, ever:

Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Comment

Over The Hedge

Hammy: I'm a crazy rabid squirrel i want my cookies!!
        lol

Comment

O.K.... I'm a helpless romantic and loved 'A Walk To Remember'... only flick I show that ever had me in tears.... here are a few of those melt your heat lines, and the one that brings on all the sadness.
          Jamie: I'm sick.
          Landon: I'll take you home. You'll be be...
          Jamie: No. Landon! I'm sick. I have Leukemia.
          Landon: No. You're 18. You - you're perfect.
          Jamie: No. I found out two years ago and I've stopped responding to treatments.
          Landon: So why didn't you tell me?
          Jamie: The doctor said I should go on and live life normally as best I could. I - I didn't want anybody to be weird around me.
          Landon: Including me?
          Jamie: Especially you!
          [Jamie looks down]
          Jamie: [Landon gets upset]
          Jamie: Ya know, I was getting along with everything fine. I accepted it, and then you happened! I do not need a reason to be angry with God.
          [Jamie runs away]
          (so hard not to shed a tear ... believe me, I even say some guys come out of this movie fighting back tears... not pansies... simply touched by the story).

Jamie: You know what I figured out today?
          Landon: What?
          Jamie: Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel.
          (another poignant and moving moment)

Jamie: Your're acting like a crazy person, what's going on?
          Landon: Right now, you're straddling the state line.
          Jamie: OK...
          Landon: You're in two places at once.

AND

Landon: Can you find this star, right here?
          Jamie: Sure. So why am I looking for this star?
          Landon: Because I had it named for you. See? It's official. It's from the International Star Registry.
          Jamie: This is wonderful... I love you.
          (These two scenes are so cute!!!)
          Landon: Hey. How are you feeling?
          Jamie: I'm ok, how are you?
          Landon: Pretty good.
          Jamie: I have something for you.
          Landon: You do?
          Jamie: Uh hmm... Don't worry it's not a bible. It was my mother's. It's got quotes from all her favorite books, and quotes by famous people. Her thoughts. Come on.
          Landon: Okay, let's check it out. Okay...”What is a friend? It's a single soul dwelling in two bodies." -Aristotle.
          Jamie: Uh uh, right here.
          Landon: Okay. "Find out who you are, and do it on purpose." That's Dolly Parton.
          Jamie: I always thought she was smart.
          Landon: "Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful."
          (Hence where I fell inlove with this poem).

Well, there's far too many lines here.... um, how about I give you the link to the webpage:

Comment

From Almost Famous, what I view as one of the definative movies of my generation - my generation being the time it was made, not the period it details.

Russell Hammond: [from a roof top, overlooking a crowd surrounding a pool] And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... I'm on drugs!
            [crowd cheers]
            William Miller: Russell! I think we should work on those last words!
            Russell Hammond: I got it, I got it. Last words - I dig music.
            [a few claps]
            Russell Hammond: I'm on drugs!
            [crowd cheers]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penny Lane: You're too sweet for rock and roll.
            William Miller: Sweet? Where do you get off? Where do you get sweet? I am dark and mysterious, and I am PISSED OFF! I could be very dangerous to all of you! And you should know that about me... I am THE ENEMY!

Comment

Was always a fan of

"You have got to take the upper hand in all situations or people, whether they're dead or alive, will walk all over you"

From Beetlejuice

Comment

Sue: Mick, give him your wallet.
                Crocodile Dundee: What for?
                Sue: He's got a knife.
                Crocodile Dundee: [chuckling] That's not a knife. <Dundee draws a large Bowie knife> That's a knife.

Comment

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it!

The Blue Brothers

Comment

One of my favorite quotes ever from my favorite movie:

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you have the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"

The Boondock Saints

Comment

'Welcome to the party, pal' - Die Hard

Comment

Another good one:

"Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Back to the Future

Comment

"Its in God's hands now" -Rayford Steele "Left Behind 2: Tribulation Force

Comment

The truth is, I am Ironman.

(It's from Ironman, obviously).

Comment

"Ray, if someone asks if you are a god, you say "yes!"" - Winston fron Ghostbusters

Comment

Hannibal: Clarice, would you ever say to me stop..If you love me you'd stop..
                                Clarice: Not in a thousand years..
                                Hannibal: Not in a thousand years? (leans in as if to bite Clarice..) (Clarice doesnt even flinch..) That's My Girl.. (They Kiss)

From the Movie Hannibal...Omg love this Movie!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎