X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Count of Monte Cristo:

At Fernand's home, Edmond is asking Fernand why Fernand betrayed him

Edmond: Why?!? In God's name why?!?!?

Fernand: Because you're the son of a clerk! And I'm not supposed to want to be you!

Before the big duel at the end :

Fernand: You know I couldn't live in a world where you have everything and I have nothing.

From Mulan:

Emperor: The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

From A Walk to Remember:

Landon: I might kiss you
    Jamie: I might be bad at it
    Landon: That's not possible

Comment

I LOVE A WALK TO REMEMBER!! I've watched it a thousand times but never in english so I can't say what are my favorite quotes...

Comment

From "The Usual Suspects". Kaiser "Verbal" Soze on Kaiser Soze: "He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. Rat on your pop, and Kaiser Soze will get you. Keaton always said 'I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him. Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Kaiser Soze. You think you can catch Kaiser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting caught and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything it'll be to get rid of me. And after that, my guess is you'll never hear from him again."

Also: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Comment

There are a few from Annie Hall that I really like.

[In California]
          Annie Hall: It's so clean out here.
          Alvy Singer: That's because they don't throw their garbage away, they turn it into television shows.

Alvy Singer: They did not take me in the Army. I was, um, interestingly enough, I was, I was 4-P. Yes. In the, in the event of war, I'm a hostage.

Alvy Singer: [narrating] After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs.

Comment

"I find your lack of Faith disturbing." Darth Vader
            "***hole" Little Jack Meet the Fockers

Comment

The Mummy

#1)

Beni: Hey O'Connel! Looks to me like I've got all the horses!
              O'Connel: Hey Beni! Looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the river!

#2)

O'Connel: You came back from the desert with a new friend, didn't ya, Beni?

X-Men

Wolverine: Whoa...whoa...whoa! It's me.
              Cyclops: Prove it.
              Wolverine: You're a dick.
              Cyclops: Okay.

The Matrix

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

The Day After Tomorrow

Librarian: Frederich Neitzsche! We can't burn that. He's one of the most important thinkers of the 19th century.
              Young Girl: Please. Neitzsche was a chauvenistic pig who was in love with his sister
              Librarian: We was not a chauventist pig
              Young Girl: But he was in love with his sister
              Brian: Uh..excuse me guys? Yeah...we've got a whole section on tax law down here we can burn.

Finding Nemo

Dory: Have you seen a clown fish swim by? It looks just like him.

[points at Nemo]

Nemo: But bigger.
              Crab: Yeah, I saw him, Bluey, but I'm not telling you where he went, and there's no way you're gonna make me.

[Dory holds Crab out of water for the seagulls to see]

Seagulls: Mine. Mine. Mine.
              Crab: All right! I'll talk! I'll talk! He went to the fishing grounds!

Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Jack: No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade... the rum!
              Elizabeth: Yes, the rum is gone.
              Jack: Why is the rum gone?
              Elizabeth: One: because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me, do you think there is even the slightest chance they wont see it?
              Jack: But why is the rum gone?

There are so many more I would have loved to use but I wasn't sure how much would be too much for one post, so I guess I'll be putting in another of these in the near future.

Comment

The Sixth Sense:

Cole: How can you help me, if you don't believe me? Some magic's real.

Comment

In Superman 2, Lex is going on and on about how silly the kryptonians are for letting Superman get away and Zod responds, "Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?" I just love it.

Comment

Does it mean anything that my favorite "movie" quotes come from the Three Stooges?

Larry: We're trapped like rats!
                    Moe: Speak for yourself, rodent!

Larry: Is that the sun up there?
                    Curly: I don't know. I'm a stranger in town.

Comment

Princess Diaries:

Michael: Why me?
                      Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.

Mia: Just in case I wasn't enough of a freak already, let's add a
                      tiara!

Mia's father (voice-over): Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

Comment

"It's not what you are underneath, it is what you do that defines you" Rachel Dawes -Batman Begins

"It tastes like you only sweeter!" Anna-CLoser

Comment

-Jor-El, Superman: the Movie
                          They can be a great people, Kal-El, if they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

--Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone
                          "It's not good to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

And....
                          Obi-Wan and Anakin from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
                          Your going to be the death of me one day.--Obi-Wan

Don't say that master. Your like a father to me. --Anakin

Comment

From Uncle Buck:

Buck: Well, well, well, they certainly are scraping the bottom of the barrel for cheerleaders these days.
                            Tia: What are you doing here?
                            Buck: We were just driving by to get some ice cream. Thought you might like to join us.
                            Tia: I said I would be home at 10. It's not even 9!
                            Buck: Who said anything about that? I thought you might like to join us for some ice cream. Maybe your Bug here can join us. We can talk about burying the hatchet. You know what a hatchet is, don't you, Bug?
                            Bug: It's an ax?
                            Buck: Sort of, yeah, yeah. I got one in my car if you'd like to see it.
                            Bug: I'll pass.
                            Buck: Fair enough. I like to carry it, you never know when your going to need it. A situation may come up say for example, someone has been drinking, and about to drive a loved one home, then I'd like to know I have it. Not to kill, no. Just to maim. Take a little off the shoulder. Swish! The elbow. Slash! Shave a little meat off the old kneecap. Fowap! Ooooo! You got both kneecaps? I like to keep mine razor sharp. Sharp enough you can shave with it. Why I've been known to circumcise a gnat. You're not a gnat are you Bug? Wait a minute, bug, gnat. Is there a little similarity? Whoa, I think there is! Ha ha ha. You understand what I'm talking about? I don't think you do. I'll be right back. Heh heh heh heh.
                            [walks away]
                            Tia: I'm sorry.
                            Bug: Look, I think you'd better split. I don't exactly want him to go berserk with an ax on me.
                            Tia: He's all talk.
                            [Buck pulls out a small hatchet from his car]
                            Buck: Here it is! Come over, come on, I want to show it to you. Maybe later. Okay.

Comment

I see your Schwarz is bigger than mine-Spaceballs The Movie.

Comment

Mr. Blonde: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Mr. White: What was that? I'm sorry, I didn't catch it. Would you repeat it?

Mr. Blonde: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

~Reservoir Dogs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎