Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Movie Quotes?

I do not know if there has been threads concerning favorite quotes movie goers have, but here are some of them I absolutely love (my favorite quotes from the movie does not necessarily mean that the movie is my blockbuster favorite either):

#1-
    Senator Kelly: You're evading the real question. Three words: Are mutants dangerous?
    Doctor Jean Grey: That's an unfair question, Senator Kelly. After all, the wrong person behind the wheel of a car can be dangerous.
    Senator Kelly: Well, we do license people to drive.
    Doctor Jean Grey: But not to live.

X-Men 1

#2-
    Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs, God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaurs.
    Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth.

Jurassic Park

#3-
    No one ever talks about extermination. They just do it. And you go on with your lives, ignoring the signs around you. And then one day, when the air is still and the night is fallen, they come for you. Only then do you realize that while you're talking about organizing and committees, the extermination has already begun. Make no mistake, my brothers, they will draw first blood. They will force their cure upon us. There is only one question you must answer: Who will you stand

Magneto from X-Men: The Last Stand

#4-

"You're a god amongst insects. Never let anyone tell you any different"

Magneto from X2: X-Men United

#5-
    I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me ... but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst ...

And then I remember ... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry ... you will someday.

Kevin Spacey in "American Beauty"

Any others anyone would like to share?

Napoleon Dynamite:
    wait, i forgot to put the crystals in....

tina you fat lard come get some ham!!

uggh.....freakin idiot!!!

just follow your heart....thats what i always do..

Comment

I've got a few:

Jimmy Dugan: Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?
      Evelyn Gardner: Well, I'm a Peach.
      Jimmy Dugan: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead! You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you! Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your butt!
      [Evelyn starts to cry.]
      Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying, there's no crying in baseball! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigcrap!! And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game! And did I cry?
      Evelyn Gardner: No......
      Jimmy:NO! NO! And do you know why?
      Evelyn Gardner: No.
      Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball!

A League of Their Own

Falcone: What are you???
      Batman: I'M BATMAN!!!!!

Batman Begins

More later.
      Last edited by Happy Random; 05-28-2006, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Both from The Shawshank Redemption

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'. That's goddamned right.

---

I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain...

I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope.

Comment

Great choice.

Comment

X-Files Fight the Future; Resist or Serve

Mulder: If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilites, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.

Comment

Re: Favorite Movie Quotes?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheRisingoftheSun
              [B]#3-
              No one ever talks about extermination. They just do it. And you go on with your lives, ignoring the signs around you. And then one day, when the air is still and the night is fallen, they come for you. Only then do you realize that while you're talking about organizing and committees, the extermination has already begun. Make no mistake, my brothers, they will draw first blood. They will force their cure upon us. There is only one question you must answer: Who will you stand with?

Magneto from X-Men: The Last Stand

[QUOTE]

Hats off to Magneto for that nice little speech. He's the only one who could pull it off. So deliciously wicked.

"Only now, in the end, do you understand." Emperor Palpatine Star Wars Return of the Jedi

"You're tearing me apart!" James Dean (Can't remember the name of the character he plays) from Rebel Without A Cause

"[dips her foot in a pool of water and it sinks in] Maybe I'll have better luck with the wine." Sophie Nevue from The Da Vinci Code

Magneto: What's your name?
              Pyro: John
              Magneto: What's your real name John?
              Pyro: Pyro

I'll post more when I can think of more....

Comment

Pretty much the conversation at the end of The Count of Monte Cristo.

[Fernon(sp?) just finds his gold shipment gone]

Edmund: [Walking out of the shadows] Kings to you, Fernon

Fernon: Ed....Edmund? how..

Edmund: How did I excape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? with pleasure.

Fernon: You...you've taken Mercedes...

Edmund: And everything else, except your life.

Fernon: Why... why are you doing this?

Edmund: It's complicated, let's call it vengeance. For the life you stole from me. How did you ever call yourself my friend?

Fernon: We were friends Edmund.

Edmund: [Makes a huge gash in Fernon's arm] YOU SENT ME TO HELL! WHY?

Fernon: Take your Vengeance, buy none of the blood you spill is noble. You are NO MORE A COUNT THAN I AM A COMMONER! [Spits on him]

Edmund takes his sword and....

I'm not gonna spoil it for you, go get the movie. It's worth it.

Comment

And the best line leading up to the best scene in X-Men 2:

"You know all those dangerous mutants you hear about on the news? I'm the worst one."

Then BOOM!

Props to Bryan Singer and the scriptwriters for that.

Comment

"I would have found him already... When I start off to find somebody, I find them.That's why they pay me!" Angel Eyes, The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

"Any of you f!cking pr!cks move, and I'll execute every motherf!cking last one of ya!" Honey Bunny, Pulp Fiction

"...Well when Johnny was first starting out, he was signed to this contract with a big-band leader. And as his career got better and better he wanted to get out of it. Now, Johnny is my father's godson. My father went to see the bandleader, with a contract for $10,000 to let Johnny go, but the bandleader said no. So the next day, my father went to see the bandleader again, only this time with Luca Brasi. Within an hour, the bandleader signed the release, with a certified check of $1000....My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse... Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured the bandleader, that either his signature or his brains would be on the contract...That's a true story... That's my family, Kay, not me..," Michael Corleone, Godfather

I have more, but this will do for now.
                    Last edited by Cyckness; 05-29-2006, 04:53 AM.

Comment

"Necessary? Is it "necessary" for me to drink my own urine? No! But I do it anyway, because it's sterile, and I like the taste!"

Patches O'Hoolihan, Dodgeball.

"The Co ntinuum Transfunctioner is a mysterious and powerful device, and it's mystery is only exceeded by it's power."

Space Nerds, 'Dude Where's my car?'

"Do it!!"
                      Starsky, Starsky & Hutch

Vader: "Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have not yet fully realized your power!! Join me and we can complete your training."

Luke: "I'll never join you!"

Vader: "If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side!! Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father?"

Luke: "He told me enough!! He said YOU killed him."

Vader: "No, I am your father."

Luke: "No, no... It's not true."

Vader: "Search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true!"

Luke: "... No!!! No..."

Vader: "You can destroy the Emperor, he has forseen this. Join me, and we can end this destructive conflict and rule the galaxy as FATHER AND SON!!"

Star Wars V: ESB

Comment

This is from the Swedish comedy Skenbart or Illusive Tracks, which I have done my best to translate to English.

Train conductor: Now, sir, you have really gone too far! Maiming war heroes and poisoning refugees, that´s one thing, we all have our bad days... But playing with the emergency brakes!?! It can be how ****ing much christmas it likes. I hope you have a really, really good excuse for this!
                        Gunnar: I saw Santa Claus.

Zoolander

Hansel: Excuse me, bro.
                        Zoolander: You´re excused. And I´m not your bro.
                        Hansel: Who do you think you´re trying to get crazy with, ese? Don´t you know I´ll go loco on you?

The Mask of Zorro

Don Diego de la Vega: [referring to Murrieta's sword] Do you know how to use that thing?
                        Alejandro Murrieta: Of course! The pointy end goes into the other man.
                        Last edited by SwedishSuperhero; 06-10-2006, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Random
                          I've got a few:

Jimmy Dugan: Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?
                          Jimmy Dugan: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead! You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you! Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your butt!
                          [Evelyn starts to cry.]
                          Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying, there's no crying in baseball! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigcrap!! And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game! And did I cry?

A League of Their Own
                          Great movie!! I loved Tom Hanks in it

Originally posted by basketballstar23
                          Napoleon Dynamite:
                          wait, i forgot to put the crystals in....

tina you fat lard come get some ham!!

uggh.....freakin idiot!!!

just follow your heart....thats what i always do..
                          I think Napoleon Dynamite wins with my 10 favorite quotes this movie is hilarious and stupid at the same time.

"Don't be jealous cause i've been chatting with babes all day" -Kip

"Soakin it up in the hot tub with my soul mate"- Uncle Rico

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Random
                            I've got a few:

[Evelyn starts to cry.]

A League of Their Own
                            I loved that show!! It's one of my all time favorites!!

Here is a few from a show that has kinda grown on me over the years
                            Big Trouble in Little China:

Jack Burton in his best John Wayne voice: and go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave...
                            Lo Pan: Indeed
                            Jack Burton: or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first huh.

Jack Burton: You know what ol' Jack Burton says at a time like this?
                            Thunder: Who?
                            Jack Burton: Jack Burton... ME!

Margo the reporter: "You mean the David Lo Pan that is chairman of the National Orient Bank, and owns the Win Kong Import Export Trading Company. But whose so reclusive that no one's laid eyes on this guy for years?
                            Jack Burton: Who the hell are you anyways?

LOL.....I shouldn't get started with that movie....it makes me laugh just thinking about it!!
                            Last edited by LuckyKrypto; 06-08-2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Favorite quote is the same as always

"All I have in this world is my word and my balls, and I dont break them for no one." Tony Montana - Scarface

Also like...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." Vader - Ep. IV

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force." Vader - Ep. IV

"You were all free from your first breathe." Arthur - King Arthur

"We are who we choose to be, now choose!" Green Goblin - Spider-Man 1

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎