Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman III (1983)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was supposed to signify Clark's inner struggle to uhh "reclaim" himself.

Comment

That was kinda how i took it too. It was simular to what they did in the Highlander with the dark quickening.(In fact I'm sure they probably got the idea from Superman III) To put it term from that show, Who Superman was had to fight what he'd become.

With Superman III though I think it statred as an inner struggle,(probably things he'd dealt with all his life) but because of the faux kryptonite it became an outer struggle. Highlander portrayed it as kind of a dream, or vision or something like that.

Comment

Actually it s not as bad as many people think (the movie).
        It has its flaws,sure,but it is still enjoyable despite that Ross Webster was a villian similar to any villian from the
        Lois and Clark series.The expanded edition is better and explains lots of plot holes,like where did the name "Philly Flash" came from...also,in the Smallville High Reunion you can see pictures
        of Cristopher Reeve and Annete O Toole when supposedly they were young....and in Superman the movie they were played by
        different actors.Lana never knew Clark s secret in the movies right?

Comment

I don't think so. At least i don't think it was dwelled on if there was any indication she might know.

Comment

In the Smallville sequences of the first movie,we saw Lana a few seconds,it seemed that there was something going on between Lana and Clark, and in Superman III it was explained that Lana got married with a man named Donald,and later had a son with
            her,Ricky Lang.It is not known how advanced was Lana and Clark s relationship in the movies and how much Lana knew Clark or even if Kal El ever told her his secret.

In Superman I we only learned that Jhonathan Kent dies and
            that Clark was being called by the green crystal....
            Lana never knew that Clark Kent and Superman were always one and the same...and Lex Luthor was never in Smallville!

Also,by the time Superman III was made,Martha Kent had already died so how she is alive in the Superman Returns movie??
            Last edited by Shinzon2004; 06-12-2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Remember they're ignoring III.(which I still think is a mistake) I'm not sure if Marta kent was dead in two or not. I remember Lois saying "sorry to hear about your mom dying" or something like that to clark, but I don't remember which movie it was in. I'm wanting to say III though because I remember her looking more like she did in III and IV than in I and II.

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
                I remember Lois saying "sorry to hear about your mom dying" or something like that to clark, but I don't remember which movie it was in. I'm wanting to say III though because I remember her looking more like she did in III and IV than in I and II.
                That wasn't Lois, it was Lana in Supes III. She mentioned it during the reunion, when she gave the DJ plates and she was about to put potato salad on the records.

Comment

By the time Superman III was made,Jhonathan and Martha were dead,Lana had a son and apparently Martha died sometime between Superman II and part III.Is this correct?

Comment

I supose that would be right. The way Lana(I could still swear I hear lois say it, but oh well)says the line to me did indicated it had at least been a few months or so. The way it was said didn't sound like it just happened a week ago.

Comment

Lois only mention Ma Kent in STM, the silver haired old mother thing. Supes I and II was filmed at the same time, 70% of Supes II was finished when Donner was fired. Lana mentiones Ma Kents passing in Supes III during the HS reunion. I just watched the movie to make sure.

Comment

Yes,it was Lana who said "Is this the first time you come here since your mom passed away?"Anyway,in Part I,before Clark goes South,he tells his mom, "I talked to Ben Hubbard yesterday,
                        and he said that he lll be happy to help from now on".

It seems that Hubbard will be seen in the new movie taking care of Martha Kent....There will be some new comics explaining certain events from the new film.I dont know why they are ignoring Superman III,it wasnt that bad.Part IV was the worst.

Funny that Part IV was so bad having Gene Hackman....Clark mentions to Lois in Part II that "after my Earth father died"...

Anyway,looking forward to see the new movie.

Comment

The only scene of Superman III I liked was the Superman vs Clark Kent fight. Everything else was wack!

Comment

Originally posted by VNAF Ace
                            The only scene of Superman III I liked was the Superman vs Clark Kent fight. Everything else was wack!

I agree,the Clark Vs Superman scene was memorable,and also Superman s transformation into evil.Like I said,Superman III isnt that bad after all,it has nice moments....

Comment

This is a poor film IMO-true,not as bad as Supes 4-but not too good.They took away the seriousness of the 1st 2-put too much emphasis on Pryor and comedy-and didnt show Supes being very spectacular.Proof-take the lab on fire scene-Superman flies into the burning building where a scientist informs him the chemicals there will heat up and release a acid cloud into the atmosphere-what does the mighty Superman do?Does he;
                              1)Put out the fire with superbreath?
                              2)superspeed the chemicals safely away?
                              3)Freeze them with his super cold breath?
                              No-he flies over to the fire chief and says "Youve got to put that fire out" uumm-youre Superman-do something!
                              Plus Webster and his sidekicks were pretty 1 dimensional and the plot was better suited for 'Get Smart' or an ep of 'Lois and Clark' then a major Superman film.

Comment

I think that the writers of the film wanted a spectacular scene,that is why they made Superman going to the lake and freeze a piece of it.If memory serves,there are 2 opening credits of the movie,the TV version which is in space and playing the
                                Superman theme,and the regular version,the "Streets of Metropolis".I hope this credits are included in the
                                expanded edition of the film in the next Superman DVDs.

By the way,I really liked Richard Pryor as Gus Gorman,too bad that the writers gave him more screen time than Cristopher Reeve!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎