No announcement yet.

Can you honestly blame Lex?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by toflyup
    Well,if you compare him with Clark Luther he didn't look so bad.CL killed people too,
    and was raised by Lionel. Maybe Lex should have been raised by the Kents. Now
    Tess had the Luthor blood in her and manage to overcome so you tell me...
    But the two situations are not comparable. Clark Luthor is from an alternate universe. He was raised by an alternate version of Lionel who, from what we see, is a total sociopath. Earth-2 is a darker world than this one, and everyone in it is correspondingly worse.

Besides, even if one does make the comparison, does it prove anything? No. It establishes that on Earth-2 Clark Luthor made the same bad decisions that Lex did. That's all. It doesn't mean that Lex is any less to blame for his actions. And speculating about what Lex would be like had he been raised by the Kents doesn't really contribute anything to the discussion either. It's like questioning what Bundy or Nihlsen would have been like if they had been brought up in a different environment. It doesn't change their behaviour, or the choices that they made in the environment they were raised in.

Fact is, Lex had numerous chances to be a better person. With his money he could have sought the best psychiatric help available and dealt with the problems that his father left him. He chose not to. Lex embraced Lionel's credo of might makes right, even while simultaneously rejecting the man himself. He's a hypocrite, and a criminal, and his actions are his own. We don't arrest the bullies when some kid shoots up the school, and we shouldn't put the blame for Lex's actions on Lionel.

And how is Clark Luthor worse than Lex? They're both sociopaths who kill for a living. The only difference is that Clark Luthor does it for hire (they more or less imply he's Earth-2 Lionel's bagman) while Lex does it to anyone who gets in his way. Not a lot of difference there.

Comment

• Going back over Lex's arc, there's no wonder he cracked. He was definitely a victim. The more people who left him, the more he just wanted to fit in and be part of a family. But everyone kept on judging him. Seeing him as evil. And anyone that did come into his life either turned their backs on him or tried to kill him. Lex faking Lana's pregnancy crossed a line, but I seriously believe he was truly sorry afterwards and he did that because he truly does love her - he was just afraid she'd wind up like everyone else in his life and did what he thought would keep her with him. Even when Clark turned his back on him, he made sure he was protected. Any time he tried to get back into his life, like Lionel did, he was just hit aside.

Lex was a good guy. Just like any of us. Yeah, he did make mistakes. But he also made a lot of noble decisions. Going back to Duncan for a second - did he beat up his best friend? Yes, he did. He wanted so badly to feel like he belonged. Others have made the same mistake, hell - look at all the bad Oliver Queen did in his younger days. But did Lex kill Duncan? No, he didn't. And when he found out about Duncan? He was truly regretful and wanted to help his friend by taking the files away from his father. That shows a truely remorseful man, not a psychopath. Lex took a bullet for many. He took the bullet for his mother when Julian died. He took the bullet for the girl at the night club. He taught Lana how to defend herself after the incident in the Talon. He put himself in harms way to save Clark from a potentially homicidal Earl Jenkins. He took the brunt of the blame so others would be saved. When people did get hurt, like Earl, he made it his duty to make sure they got better. He had the best interest of Smallville at heart even when most distrusted him, which would turn a lot of us away. This is Lex Luthor.

Lex lost everyone he cared about because they were stolen away from him, in his eyes. Everyone cared more about Clark. Someone who posed as a friend then kept derailing his efforts "to save the world." Even his father - when all he ever wanted was his father's love. As well as Julian whom he created just to have a friend.

Just re-reading through his whole arc made me see how truly tragic his life is. Similar to Anakin's - I know, I know the prequel trilogy - but it showed how a good man with some flaws can be twisted and turned by a series of bad events happening to him after only wanting to do good. Lex even wanted his Level 33.1 "experiments" released with no knowledge of what he did to them. He was angry when they did get killed in cold blood. Taking them, yeah - that was underhanded and wrong. BUT, he wasn't a cold blooded killer.

Lex killing his father, that was a long time coming. Lex killing Tess? I truly believe he was trying to save her. They both wanted redemption. Part of Lex hates who he's become, but he has no idea how to turn back even if he could. Thus, to him killing her - is like killing a dying animal to put it out of it's misery. "You know I'm actually saving you."

Lex isn't a bad guy. He was made into one by every event in his life that made him have fear that everyone would betray him and leave him at some point.

As for the JLA? All he knew were powered freaks were raiding his labs, stealing his materials, blowing things up - there's no wonder why he thought they were terrorists. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I mean, just look at how we remember America's founding fathers, but imagine for a second how it must have looked to the British empire. After all, powered freaks were and were not different from us. Potentially a lot more dangerous. We got to know some powered people as heroes. Lex never got that chance. He just saw these meteor freaks repeatedly hurting everyone he cared about and others - just seeing that angle? I'm pretty sure a lot of people would want to find out more about them to protect ourselves. Otherwise there's no form or method of protection. Plus? In the seventh season where it led was a way of stripping them of their powers - a form of protecting people. A cure. He specifically ordered that they not be killed rather rehabilitated free from post-traumatic stress.

What Lex did to Cyborg? He brought a teenager back from the dead and gave him a second chance at life. Obviously Cyborg didn't see it that way. Was Lex angry? Yeah, definitely - his secret project could get out and into the wrong hands. Was Lex psychotic? Only in trying to play God. He truly thought he was doing the right thing. What Lex did to Arthur? Someone, who you believe may be a terrorist, breaking into a military compound to make things go kablooee? Government agents would have done the same thing to get him to talk. I don't necessarily agree with it. Lex just saw him as potentially dangerous.

Now apply that to how he came to see Clark - here are these random dangerous powered freaks who could potentially create an army and attack a country. They're seemingly unstoppable due to this power that they yield. This power in the wrong hands could hurt a lot of people. All Lex did was take them to see what made them tick, to learn where their weaknesses were and - in the end - cure them and strip them of their powers so they could be rehabilitated and not hurt others. All the while, Clark was constantly jumping in his way making any progress he was making futile and prolonged while calling him a monster. Basically - Clark was a guy who tried to help these powered people fight against him. Clark was aiding the terrorists while calling Lex the monster. And Clark was always one step ahead of him in doing so. Look at Level 33.1 as guantanamo bay, only here the warden had the end goal of giving them their lives back. As viewers we saw things two ways, Lex never had that chance. Plus his projects kept blowing up in his face, his coworkers kept doing bad things behind his back which - mind you - Clark always blamed Lex for.

Think back to how we last left Lex in season 7 -- "You didn't trust me. With everything you had, with everything you could do, did you ever think about what we could accomplish together? I would have helped you become a hero. I'm doing this for the world. I have to protect the human race. Who am I to turn my back on my fellow man? Especially after you turned your back on me? I loved you like a brother Clark. But it has to end this way. I'm sorry." Taken from the above context, Lex is the hero of the story. He's just misinformed. Clark is one of the evil aliens who caused a lot of destruction while aiding the terrorist powered ones.

I know, I know - comics and film tell us otherwise. Clark saved people and we saw this too. Clark had many reasons to distrust Lex, but he also jumped the gun on so many things it's not even funny. Lex was hardly the monster Clark made him out to be. His employees just kept going psycho on him and while Lex kept trying to fix things, Clark kept barging in to blame him. That definitely took it's toll. "Always making yourself look better by making me look like some kind of monster." Clark was a hero, but he too was blinded. They both only knew their side of the story and both saw each other as monsters due to that.

True, Lex did have many under handed dealings. But, looking at things from his perspective - some of it oddly makes sense in a demented or not so demented kind of way. Just the victor writes the history book, or in this case, comic book. He was just a rather uneducated guy who kept losing people and trying to save the world in his own twisted kind of way.

And as for all the Lex clones that did bad and evil things? Just remember, these were failed projects to begin with, with all sets of crossed wiring and malfunctions. None of this can really be put onto Lex because of this. The Lex who came back in Season 10 was still that tragic "villain" who died in the fortress and came back during the apocalypse.

(I love acting, reading scripts aloud - for the past couple of days I completely put myself into Lex's head and mind space. Thus, this is - more or less - from an actor's perspective of trying to understand who he's playing. "As" Lex, I truly felt like I was getting hit on every side while trying to keep things under control - I was surprised at how much I missed before just viewing him as the villain)
      Last edited by Luthor5339; 12-12-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luthor5339
        Going back over Lex's arc, there's no wonder he cracked. He was definitely a victim. The more people who left him, the more he just wanted to fit in and be part of a family. But everyone kept on judging him. Seeing him as evil. And anyone that did come into his life either turned their backs on him or tried to kill him. Lex faking Lana's pregnancy crossed a line, but I seriously believe he was truly sorry afterwards and he did that because he truly does love her - he was just afraid she'd wind up like everyone else in his life and did what he thought would keep her with him. Even when Clark turned his back on him, he made sure he was protected. Any time he tried to get back into his life, like Lionel did, he was just hit aside.

Lex was a good guy. Just like any of us. Yeah, he did make mistakes. But he also made a lot of noble decisions. Going back to Duncan for a second - did he beat up his best friend? Yes, he did. He wanted so badly to feel like he belonged. Others have made the same mistake, hell - look at all the bad Oliver Queen did in his younger days. But did Lex kill Duncan? No, he didn't. And when he found out about Duncan? He was truly regretful and wanted to help his friend by taking the files away from his father. That shows a truely remorseful man, not a psychopath. Lex took a bullet for many. He took the bullet for his mother when Julian died. He took the bullet for the girl at the night club. He taught Lana how to defend herself after the incident in the Talon. He put himself in harms way to save Clark from a potentially homicidal Earl Jenkins. He took the brunt of the blame so others would be saved. When people did get hurt, like Earl, he made it his duty to make sure they got better. He had the best interest of Smallville at heart even when most distrusted him, which would turn a lot of us away. This is Lex Luthor.

Lex lost everyone he cared about because they were stolen away from him, in his eyes. Everyone cared more about Clark. Someone who posed as a friend then kept derailing his efforts "to save the world." Even his father - when all he ever wanted was his father's love. As well as Julian whom he created just to have a friend.

Just re-reading through his whole arc made me see how truly tragic his life is. Similar to Anakin's - I know, I know the prequel trilogy - but it showed how a good man with some flaws can be twisted and turned by a series of bad events happening to him after only wanting to do good. Lex even wanted his Level 33.1 "experiments" released with no knowledge of what he did to them. He was angry when they did get killed in cold blood. Taking them, yeah - that was underhanded and wrong. BUT, he wasn't a cold blooded killer.

Lex killing his father, that was a long time coming. Lex killing Tess? I truly believe he was trying to save her. They both wanted redemption. Part of Lex hates who he's become, but he has no idea how to turn back even if he could. Thus, to him killing her - is like killing a dying animal to put it out of it's misery. "You know I'm actually saving you."

Lex isn't a bad guy. He was made into one by every event in his life that made him have fear that everyone would betray him and leave him at some point.

As for the JLA? All he knew were powered freaks were raiding his labs, stealing his materials, blowing things up - there's no wonder why he thought they were terrorists. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I mean, just look at how we remember America's founding fathers, but imagine for a second how it must have looked to the British empire. After all, powered freaks were and were not different from us. Potentially a lot more dangerous. We got to know some powered people as heroes. Lex never got that chance. He just saw these meteor freaks repeatedly hurting everyone he cared about and others - just seeing that angle? I'm pretty sure a lot of people would want to find out more about them to protect ourselves. Otherwise there's no form or method of protection. Plus? In the seventh season where it led was a way of stripping them of their powers - a form of protecting people. A cure. He specifically ordered that they not be killed rather rehabilitated free from post-traumatic stress.

What Lex did to Cyborg? He brought a teenager back from the dead and gave him a second chance at life. Obviously Cyborg didn't see it that way. Was Lex angry? Yeah, definitely - his secret project could get out and into the wrong hands. Was Lex psychotic? Only in trying to play God. He truly thought he was doing the right thing. What Lex did to Arthur? Someone, who you believe may be a terrorist, breaking into a military compound to make things go kablooee? Government agents would have done the same thing to get him to talk. I don't necessarily agree with it. Lex just saw him as potentially dangerous.

Now apply that to how he came to see Clark - here are these random dangerous powered freaks who could potentially create an army and attack a country. They're seemingly unstoppable due to this power that they yield. This power in the wrong hands could hurt a lot of people. All Lex did was take them to see what made them tick, to learn where their weaknesses were and - in the end - cure them and strip them of their powers so they could be rehabilitated and not hurt others. All the while, Clark was constantly jumping in his way making any progress he was making futile and prolonged while calling him a monster. Basically - Clark was a guy who tried to help these powered people fight against him. Clark was aiding the terrorists while calling Lex the monster. And Clark was always one step ahead of him in doing so. Look at Level 33.1 as guantanamo bay, only here the warden had the end goal of giving them their lives back. As viewers we saw things two ways, Lex never had that chance. Plus his projects kept blowing up in his face, his coworkers kept doing bad things behind his back which - mind you - Clark always blamed Lex for.

Think back to how we last left Lex in season 7 -- "You didn't trust me. With everything you had, with everything you could do, did you ever think about what we could accomplish together? I would have helped you become a hero. I'm doing this for the world. I have to protect the human race. Who am I to turn my back on my fellow man? Especially after you turned your back on me? I loved you like a brother Clark. But it has to end this way. I'm sorry." Taken from the above context, Lex is the hero of the story. He's just misinformed. Clark is one of the evil aliens who caused a lot of destruction while aiding the terrorist powered ones.

I know, I know - comics and film tell us otherwise. Clark saved people and we saw this too. Clark had many reasons to distrust Lex, but he also jumped the gun on so many things it's not even funny. Lex was hardly the monster Clark made him out to be. His employees just kept going psycho on him and while Lex kept trying to fix things, Clark kept barging in to blame him. That definitely took it's toll. "Always making yourself look better by making me look like some kind of monster." Clark was a hero, but he too was blinded. They both only knew their side of the story and both saw each other as monsters due to that.

True, Lex did have many under handed dealings. But, looking at things from his perspective - some of it oddly makes sense in a demented or not so demented kind of way. Just the victor writes the history book, or in this case, comic book. He was just a rather uneducated guy who kept losing people and trying to save the world in his own twisted kind of way.

And as for all the Lex clones that did bad and evil things? Just remember, these were failed projects to begin with, with all sets of crossed wiring and malfunctions. None of this can really be put onto Lex because of this. The Lex who came back in Season 10 was still that tragic "villain" who died in the fortress and came back during the apocalypse.

(I love acting, reading scripts aloud - for the past couple of days I completely put myself into Lex's head and mind space. Thus, this is - more or less - from an actor's perspective of trying to understand who he's playing. "As" Lex, I truly felt like I was getting hit on every side while trying to keep things under control - I was surprised at how much I missed before just viewing him as the villain)
        This was very beautiful. Very well reviewed and great points.

One thing though, though Lex did want to become good and redeem himself, it wasnt in his nature to do so. Eventually he and Clark would have fallen out because of theyre different morale standings.

I partially blame Lex for what he became and also blame Clark, Lionel and Lana for it. Another key reminder of what Lex really wanted was in Lexmas, he wanted that life, but as you mentioned he was damaged and therefore saw that life as fiction.

Comment

• So basically those of you defending him think that because people didn't trust Lex he had the right to become a self-centred, sociopathic killer who captured innocent people and experimented on them? The JLA were breaking into Lex's prisons to stop him from performing Mengele-style experiments on people. Aquaman destroyed the weapon Lex was building because it would have a devastating effect on the area, an effect that Lex new about. And Lex killing Tess...all that crock about how he's saving her is just that--crock. Lex needs to feel like a hero. He needs to believe that he's doing the right thing. But at the end of the day he's a mass-murdering narcissist who lashes out at anyone who won't let him control them. He murdered his cloned brother for daring to want to get close to his father, killed Patricia Swann to get information out of her, and tried to execute Clark first to feed his delusions of heroism, and then for petty, petty revenge.

Lex stopped being a member of the human race sometime around Season 5/6. He's pitiable and pathetic, but he is absolutely to blame for his own actions. As was previously stated, Lex could have gotten help for his problems. He could have walked away from his father in Season 1 (he's twenty-one, remember?) Instead he doesn't even try. He's so focused on trying to beat Lionel at his own game (a game Lionel no longer wants to play by Season 4, might I add), that he's lost sight of what he was trying to accomplish in the first place, and ends up going much farther than Lionel ever did. Lex had every chance to turn back. He threw them all away. It is sad. It is to be pitied. But it is also, without a doubt, his own damn fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloning Blues
            So basically those of you defending him think that because people didn't trust Lex he had the right to become a self-centred, sociopathic killer who captured innocent people and experimented on them? The JLA were breaking into Lex's prisons to stop him from performing Mengele-style experiments on people.
            We never see any experiments other than those aiming to find out the range of the patients talent. For sure, we never see the patients infected with leatal illnesses to find ways to cure them. In fact, it was said that much of Lex's research was to cure the meteor infected. The JLA tried to free psychopaths as most, maybe all, meteor infected become killers sooner or later. Even Chloe does not doubt this in season seven any more.

Aquaman destroyed the weapon Lex was building because it would have a devastating effect on the area, an effect that Lex new about.
            Yes, but a few months before a second meteor shower hit Smallville, a black spaceship landed and two very powerfull aliens left it and killed many innocents (even almost Lana) just to find some guy named Kal El.
            Maybe Lex thought that some fish were less important than humans.

And Lex killing Tess...all that crock about how he's saving her is just that--crock.
            I have not watched season 10 so I cannot comment.

Lex needs to feel like a hero. He needs to believe that he's doing the right thing.
            Yes. Just like Clark.

But at the end of the day he's a mass-murdering narcissist who lashes out at anyone who won't let him control them. He murdered his cloned brother for daring to want to get close to his father,
            A cloned brother whose identical clone (including personality) had killed an innocent man and almost killed Chloe and Jimmy and threatend Lois just to get an article published on how bad Lex is. Freankly, I wouldn't have wanted a Luthor like that near Lionel, too.

killed Patricia Swann to get information out of her,
            We don't know that. And it doesn't make much sense anyway. Lex had no reason to kill her. Lex could have kidnapped her, gotten all information he wanted, and had her loose all memory of it. I think it more likely that Edward Teaque had Patricial Swann killed - after all he was responsible for the death of her parents. I think Mr. Teaque ordered Patricia killed, Lex only learned about it afterwards and buyed the key from the killer by offering more money than Mr Teaque.

I think Luthor5339 is right - Lex has a habit of taking the blame of crimes others did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloning Blues
              So basically those of you defending him think that because people didn't trust Lex he had the right to become a self-centred, sociopathic killer who captured innocent people and experimented on them?
              No the problem I see is that some people think that being the fan of a person (real or fictional) means justifying any negative behavior or actions committed by said person.

But in truth being a fan doesn't mean one should whitewash or make excuses for their favorite character(s).

Now I for one like Lex and see him as one of the best characters on the show, but the fact is sympathetic as he was, he still messed up and failed to take responsibility for it.

The whole "Clark didn't trust him with his secret justfies his behavior" doesn't hold water with me.

1. Clark showed the same hesitation towards people he had more trust in. He only came forward with Pete with he was taking the spaceship. Chloe found out only because Alicia set up Clark's unintentional demonstration of strength. He only told Lana on several occasions where he was afraid of losing her.

James/Jimmy because he needed his help. Oliver & other heroes and/or superhuman because they had their own secret which Clark discovered.

Even then when he told Lois, it was due in part towards future reassurance that it would work out.

Lex wasn't the only one who Clark guarded his secret from, so he shouldn't really be taking Clark's secretiveness as a personal attack.

2. Yeah, if Clark told Lex about his powers willingly Lex wouldn't have had to snoop around to discover it. But that irony works in a different fashion as well. If Lex wasn't pushy on the matter, then maybe Clark would have been more inclined down the line to trust him.

Edit: Yeah the tragic moments in his life explain his actions and even make him sympathetic, but they do not excuse him and he shouldn't be viewed as without fault.

And I certainly hope my guess is wrong. Because frankly, liking someone whether it's a friend, a favorite star or character doesn't mean it's sensible to overlook their faults or try to justify any horrible behavior on their part.
              Last edited by Antiyonder; 06-11-2012, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Good discussion all around.

The only beef I have with the premise of this question is that I've always thought this show did a terrible job defining what it was that made the good guys good and the bad guys bad. Almost all of the good guys have committed atrocious moral and ethical crimes: Lana has black-mailed, kidnapped and tortured people; Oliver, Chloe, and Tess have all killed people; Martha (!!) was almost certainly party to a whole lotta illegality in her role as Red Queen; Lionel killed his parents and abused his wife and children; etc., etc. The only thing that seems to separate these people from Lex is that that in the end they chose align themselves with Clark rather than against him. I'm not sure I can call a man "evil" because he refuses to assign Clark the role of Redeemer.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingHigh
                  Good discussion all around.

The only beef I have with the premise of this question is that I've always thought this show did a terrible job defining what it was that made the good guys good and the bad guys bad. Almost all of the good guys have committed atrocious moral and ethical crimes: Lana has black-mailed, kidnapped and tortured people; Oliver, Chloe, and Tess have all killed people; Martha (!!) was almost certainly party to a whole lotta illegality in her role as Red Queen; Lionel killed his parents and abused his wife and children; etc., etc. The only thing that seems to separate these people from Lex is that that in the end they chose align themselves with Clark rather than against him. I'm not sure I can call a man "evil" because he refuses to assign Clark the role of Redeemer.
                  I think the show did a good job on showing how difficult it is to define good and evil. If you ask me in general they are basically very subjective definitions based on individuals and their culture. I mean, think of that alien "plant" Gloria in "Wither". All she wanted was a chance to survive and for her species to survive. If it were humans who did the same, terraforming an alien planet for the human species to survive we would consider it "good" - purely because WE are humans. But whoever inhabitated that planet before human encounter would consider it "evil".

As this is a Clark Kent show basically the definiton of "good" is to be on Clark's side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freawaru
                    I think the show did a good job on showing how difficult it is to define good and evil. If you ask me in general they are basically very subjective definitions based on individuals and their culture. I mean, think of that alien "plant" Gloria in "Wither". All she wanted was a chance to survive and for her species to survive. If it were humans who did the same, terraforming an alien planet for the human species to survive we would consider it "good" - purely because WE are humans. But whoever inhabitated that planet before human encounter would consider it "evil".

As this is a Clark Kent show basically the definiton of "good" is to be on Clark's side.
                    A lot of the characters have shades of grey, yes. But I think that Gloria is a bad example. While she wanted her species to survive and thrive, it was to the exclusion of all others. She was willing to kill indiscriminately to reach her goal. I think you would only consider terraforming good if it didn't involve killing innocent lives, whether they be another species, animals, etc. She injected her seeds into her victims like a parasite, wishing to overtake planets with her vegetation. She didn't care about any life but the life she created. In her case, I think there is a lot less grey than Lex or anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vergon6
                      A lot of the characters have shades of grey, yes. But I think that Gloria is a bad example. While she wanted her species to survive and thrive, it was to the exclusion of all others. She was willing to kill indiscriminately to reach her goal. I think you would only consider terraforming good if it didn't involve killing innocent lives, whether they be another species, animals, etc. She injected her seeds into her victims like a parasite, wishing to overtake planets with her vegetation. She didn't care about any life but the life she created. In her case, I think there is a lot less grey than Lex or anyone else.
                      I am not so sure about it. I think Lex (and Martha, Jonathan, Chloe, Ollie, Lana, Jor El and probably everybody else but maybe Clark) would see things differently if humankind itself would be at stake. As far as we know Gloria was the only surviving member of her species that lived on a planet that was destroyed by another species. By a humanoid species probably. According to her words she was there before they destroyed the plantlife on her home planet. And she only went to use male humanoids for reproduction because they had destroyed the other means. So in her experience humanoids, including Kryptorians, came to her planet and destroyed her species. And she used the only remaining means to save it.

Are we really that different? If some aliens would destroy our planet would we really be touchy about killing some of them to save what is left of humankind? Humans never were touchy about killing life on this one for survival or even less important reasons. This is not good but somehow I doubt that there would still be humans around if this was not our instinct. A moscito is an innocent life form but still we try to decimate or even eradicate some of them for our own good. Is this good or evil? It is not the moscito's fault that it needs blood for reproduction, nor that some of them carry a virus that can seriously harm humans.

Gloria tried to negotiate with Clark. She told him her story and her needs to safe her species. Why would she do it if not hoping for another solution. She could have attacked immediately but no, chatted first? Clark turned out to be the typical uncompromising Kryptonian according to her.

Comment

• No of course not; i don't.

Comment

• I mostly blame the fracturing parenting of Lionel and Lillian because they're not exactly the ideal parents for Lex like Jonathan and Martha were to Clark. I mean what kind of parent deprives their only child of love and affection? So I find Lex to be a broken hearted, resentful, bitter, sad, lonely and weak willed man who is a obsessive and depraved by wealth and power. So no I don't blame Lex for becoming evil because he wasn't born to hate, he was taught to by Lionel and somehow Lex chose to have Lionel's hate decide for him. I ultimately blame Lachlan Luthor (Lionel's father) and Eliza Luthor (Lionel's mother) for their fracturing parenting otherwise Lionel wouldn't have killed him and his mother in a fire he and Morgan Edge conspired. The cycle of abuse wouldn't have been carried over from Lionel to Lex if Lachlan hadn't abused Lionel. So yeah, love, kindness and respect felt foreign to Lionel because he hadn't grown up with love, kindness and respect himself. I partly blame Lex for blaming other people for his behavior and his actions and not taking responsibility for them, I ultimately blame Lex for continuing to make the same bad life choices and not accepting the consequences for his decisions and actions and not learning from his mistakes and not admitting them. So Clark's secrecy and dishonesty had very little to do with Lex becoming evil, it had some part to play but it wasn't what made Lex continue on his path to darkness that was Lionel's abuse and cruelty he was treated with when he was child. Just as Lionel was by his father Lachlan.
                          Last edited by laurarawlins; 09-24-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎