2. Phoenix
    3. Hidden

Comment

1) Arrival
      2) Phoenix
      3) Hidden

Comment

Originally posted by angelus666
        I will bet anyone $1000 dollars when Episode 8 is up for voting that "Shattered" will win it's to damn good it can't loose.
        Shattered would go up against Splinter. You might have a contest there.

Comment

- Exile
          - Gone
          - Hidden

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
            Shattered would go up against Splinter. You might have a contest there.
            the Solitude will be the Shattered's opponent. That was the 8th episode of the fifth season.

But there's no question: the Shattered will win the match.
            THE BEST EPISODE EVER.

Comment

Thanks for the votes everyone. Keep em coming. I wish we could get more people involved, because it will turn out even better the more votes we have.

Originally posted by LEXander the Great
              But there's no question: the Shattered will win the match.
              THE BEST EPISODE EVER.
              I agree that it is the best episode of the show. I doubt that they will have an episode that I will love more. There have been episodes that I really enjoyed. But none as much as Shattered.

Comment

1) Crusade- this was just a great episode, even though the stones story went south, you have to admit the idea was intriguing at first, plus the flying was awesome.

2) Phoenix- again, this is a great ep which sets up the rest of the season with the Morgan edge stuff.

3) Hidden- the best Smallville episode ever, hands down, no contest, The End. This one had everything you could ever want in an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Insight
                  1) Crusade- this was just a great episode, even though the stones story went south, you have to admit the idea was intriguing at first, plus the flying was awesome.

2) Phoenix- again, this is a great ep which sets up the rest of the season with the Morgan edge stuff.

3) Hidden- the best Smallville episode ever, hands down, no contest, The End. This one had everything you could ever want in an episode.
                  For Crusade, the flying sequences were great. But it takes more than great effects to make an episode. Even though I enjoyed the episode overall, especially with how Lois and Clark met for the first time, it felt too rushed to me.

Phoenix was a dissapointment to me. Like I said previously, I find it funny that people would skip Exile but choose Phoenix. The fight between Clark and JK was too short, and the events from Exile did not carry over well. Aside from Exile/Phoenix, Edge was only in one other episode in Shattered. Therefore, there wasn't that much to set up with Morgan Edge.

I chose Hidden as well. I definately enjoyed the episode. But best ever? I would say that it is one of S5's best eps, but not of the whole series. That is just my opinion though.

Thanks for voting!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                    I chose Hidden as well. I definately enjoyed the episode. But best ever? I would say that it is one of S5's best eps, but not of the whole series. That is just my opinion though.
                    I no what you mean Ryan "Hidden" was one of the best episodes of the season but not one of the best of the series IMO. Im shocked at how many people think it's the greatest episode off all time dont get me wrong it was really good probably the third best episode of the season after "Splinter" and "Arrival" but its no "Shattered" or "Memoria".

Comment

Originally posted by angelus666
                      I no what you mean Ryan "Hidden" was one of the best episodes of the season but not one of the best of the series IMO. Im shocked at how many people think it's the greatest episode off all time dont get me wrong it was really good probably the third best episode of the season after "Splinter" and "Arrival" but its no "Shattered" or "Memoria".
                      You continue to prove why you are the man Josh!

I am always shocked when people call Hidden the best episode of the series as well. I always think to myself "Yeah it was a good episode, and one of S5's best. But the whole show?"

My Top 5 for the whole show :

1) Shattered - It is still my all time favorite episode. I love the pacing of the episode along with the suspense that it brought. I also thought Lex's discovery of Clark's powers to be extremely welll done, and the ending with Lex in the straight jacket set to Johnny Cash's "Hurt" was perfect.

2) Arrival - This episode had everything I wanted to see in it. The intro of the FOS, Chloe and Clark finally getting closer in terms of his powers, Kryptonians wreaking havock, and the intro of Brainiac set to Precious by Depeche Mode. My only gripe was the fight between the Kryptonians and Clark. The rest of the episode was spot on. I still get chills when I see the scene where Jor-El says to Clark "Welcome home my son" inside the FOS.

3) Rogue - The most underrated episode in the history of the show. I still don't know why more people don't love this episode more. It has my favorite effects sequence with the bus, outstanding Superman references, one of the show's best villains in Phaelon who was not a FOTW, and one of my all time favorite endings with Lex seeing the blur on his computer. The only reason why I like Arrival more is because it is more mythos based. But this episode is as good as they come.

4) Exile - One of my all time favorites and definately one of the best of the series. I loved everything about this episode. The bank robbery is reason enough to watch this episode, but then you add the excellent music throughout, the great cliffhanger, the introduction of Morgan Edge, etc.. The only thing I dislike about this episode is the scenes with Lex on the island. I can appreciate the forshadowing. But it slowed down the pace of the episode. One of the best camera shots of the series though is when the camera zooms from the Zigeeth painting on the wall into the island that is a similar design and it continues to zoom down into Lex's face. My only other gripe is Chloe's hair. I think this was the only episode where I wasn't attracted to Allison Mack. It looked like she got her hair cut with a weed wacker. I am happy they fixed it for Phoenix.

5) Run - A fantastic episode from beginning to end. We got a lot of really nice interaction between Bart and Clark, cool displays of Bart's power, and an awesome send off. My favorite scene of the series is the race at the end. It just forshadows the future so well. I especially love Bart's quote "I think I'll start like a club or a league or something" - Classic!!

Comment

Vyperman I agree with you that Shattered, Exile, and Rogue were 3 of the best episodes of the series but I am not sure about Arrival and Run. Arrival is a really good episode but not one of my favorites of the series, and Run is one of my few favorite episodes of season 4 which is saying a lot because the majority of season 4 was not really that great in my opinion. The only really good eps of S4 were Run, Transference, Scare, Onyx, Spirit, Blank. Commencement was pretty good as well but it was my least favorite season finale for some reason. Rogue, Shattered, and Exile are definitely on my list of favorite episodes though.
                        Last edited by red-K glory; 05-19-2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Hey man, it's all good. That is why everyone has different opinions.

I was happy to see that you hold Rogue is such high esteem though. There are a lot of people that did not think that much of it. Why it isn't more well liked, I have no idea.

Comment

3) Rogue - The most underrated episode in the history of the show. I still don't know why more people don't love this episode more. It has my favorite effects sequence with the bus, outstanding Superman references, one of the show's best villains in Phaelon who was not a FOTW, and one of my all time favorite endings with Lex seeing the blur on his computer. The only reason why I like Arrival more is because it is more mythos based. But this episode is as good as they come.
                            Hell yeah "Rogue" is the most underated episode of the show it was so well done everything was spot on from the bus sequence to Clark having to control his temper or risk killing someone and Phaelon IMO was the best villian of the series Nixon was close but Phaelon is the man I also liked how they used him in "Zero".

The second most underated episode for me would have to be "Skinwalker" it was just such a great mytho episode I loved the character Kyla and the introduction of the caves which is the reason Season 2 is my favorite season. Another episode I think was highly underated was "Leech" it was great to see Clark dealing with life without powers but still being a hero on the inside.

Comment

1) Pilot
                              2) Heat
                              3) Extinction

Comment

That is a shame that you have not seen Arrival yet. It is the best episode of season five in my opinion. Thanks for voting!
                                I know! But I think it's on next week in repeats so I'll get my chance then. And no problem about voting - I think this is a really cool idea. Keep it going

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎