Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark...IN the Phantom Zone!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Lex is in the Superman movies but I was still hoping Clark would kill him. Instead he wanted to be stupid and threw the dagger at Fine. CLARK YOU SUCK! You deserve to stay in the Phantom Zone for a while and think about your actions!
    Last edited by Number1Killerbee; 05-14-2006, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• This shocked me completely (I understand how some of you could see it coming though)! I never figured they would go there (AlandMiles). What a great way to end the episode though! I was totally screaming at my TV.

Comment

• WTF I was totally shocked..infact as Zod threw that ring like thingy I thought that was supposed to harm Clark, or maybe strip him of his powers but taking him into the PZ came as shock to me. Clark looked like the same old clumsy farm boy in the PZ. He looked so helpless, I couldn't help it but to laugh.

One thing I knew for sure is that he had been sucked in. The look on his face just before being taken told it all.

Comment

• Clark is already meantally and emotionally scared. Better hope this doesn't make it any worse. Besides, the PZ was invented as a humane way of punishing criminals without harming or killing them. You're 2-D and will survive indefinitely. The Supergirl movie was ridiculous; you can't walk out of the PZ, you have to escape somehow, be released or in the Superman movie, it was a nuke I think that released them? That was probably not even too realistic but it was much better than going walkabout and finding a backdoor!

Now this thing with Zod's body being destroyed so he has to inhabit someone is a little off the wall, too and not part of comics canon that I recall. If those people in Arrival were Kryptonians why couldn't Zod just use one of them? Were they actually humans compromised by Zod just like Jor-El used the human girl in an attempt to capture Clark in the cave? I believe there are Kryptonians by the names Athyr and whatever the other was in the comics but it could be that in Smallville these people aren't actually alien. We just don't know for sure.

Obviously, it's hard on humans to be inhabited and Zod would want to pick a long term host at some point but why couldn't he inhabit Fine temporarily? I have to think this is all related to the fact that he wants to punish the son of Jor-El in some way by either possessing him or banishing him to the PZ as revenge for both capturing and sentencing him to the PZ and for inventing the PZ to begin with.

I still don't get why Clark was sucked in so easily from such a distance nor why he didn't fight it like he did before when it was a whole lot closer. And while I thought he would get sucked into the PZ I really thought his "sacrifice" would be either a great struggle not to be pulled in, like before, or that he would enter willingly in order to save humanity. What happened muddies the waters. I still think a longer finale would have allowed us to understand more and was very much called for this year.

Comment

• cliffhangers suck sometimes, lol...especially GOOD ones, only because u have to wait till september to watch the premiere and buy season 5 on dvd...then is when it wont suck...,lol

Comment

• I didn't see it comming at all. I didn't even think the Phantom Zone would come up in this, and when it did, I thought Lex/Zod would get trapped in it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BizzaroJerry
                Well,

I was truly shocked; I never thought those PZ rings had that sort of range....

Well I think Clark will get out of the zone, well not necessary Clark, but Ka-el (however you spell his name), with a situation this bad, Clark/Ka-el will need all his powers at his disposal, flight, speed, heat vision, the works.

Only a true son of krypton with all his powers as his allies will be able to face the disaster that has befallen earth and Zod at the same time.

It would also sync very well with the no tights, no flights rule as it is Ka-el doing all the saving and perhaps. It would make sense that Chloe would be swept off her feet, literally speaking.

This would all count on the fact that Ka-el would grow some sort of soul this time around.

Well it’s all a dream anyway...

Regards

Bizzarojerry
                To build upon this, maybe the writers are going to pull a Fox Mulder and only use welling in small parts f the season and keep it pretty clark free...which would be highly doubtful since Tom Welling plays the Breand-and-Butter character of the series.

Or maybe this is how they write into the script to start Superman's arrival into the series. Then by series end (SV Season 6) end it with the culmination of Clark and Kal-El and have Superman.

I am fairly confident that It will be Jor-El or Lion-El releasing Clark from the PZ, because Jor-El created it. If it can be created it can be defeated.
                Last edited by gullom; 05-17-2006, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• I just cant wait to see how he gets out

Comment

• Originally posted by watcher4

If Clark is not effected by his confinement in the PZ...
                    Zod, Ursa, and Non appeared to have no scarring from being in the PZ for the 20+ years they were in there.

Originally posted by margroks
                    Now this thing with Zod's body being destroyed so he has to inhabit someone is a little off the wall...
                    It would appear that the writers are diverting away from having continuity with the movies. In Superman II everyone emerged just fine and no one's body was destroyed.
                    Last edited by gullom; 05-17-2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• I didn't see it coming UNTIL I saw that ring. When Lexod pulled out the PZ ring I was screaming at the TV, "Nam-Ek and Aethyr tried to use that on you you know what it is RUNNN!"

Comment

• i think clark should spend his time thinking over y people call him 'BDA'....

Comment

• I'll admit this time it was a lot more suspenseful...but I also got to say I was disappointed because Clark was imprisoned in the Phantom Zone before which was back in season 3 "Covenant"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎