Oracle's Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't think that Lana has held Clark back from his destiny. I don't think you can blame Lana any more than you can blame Jonathan and Martha. It's Clark's decisions to either listen to and respect JorEl or not. It's not like Lana is saying, "no Clark, you can't talk to JorEL because you need to be by my side every second of the day."

Comment

I still don't think that Lana has held Clark back from his destiny. I don't think you can blame Lana any more than you can blame Jonathan and Martha. It's Clark's decisions to either listen to and respect JorEl or not. It's not like Lana is saying, "no Clark, you can't talk to JorEL because you need to be by my side every second of the day."
      I was talking about what the writers did, not anything Lana did in general or should I say purposely. All Clark has been doing ever since reckoning, is moan, whine and sulk over his decision. Now this whole lexana thing, you can see the guilt in his eyes. If Lana had stayed with him, it would probably would have been different, because he would have had one less thing to worry about. In fact, he probably would be trying harder to protect Lana

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
        That's what Clana should be doing, advancing Clark toward his destiny. If they played Clana the way it should have been, then it would have lead him to his destiny, instead of sending him back the way they did it.

Chloe wouldn't be a good option IMO, because he has shown nothing toward her but friendship. She's his friend and nothing more. And as the way Clana has been played out, would only be a rebound to Clark.
        So, what is wrong with a rebound? That doesn't happen in real life? Can't rebounds last for months, or even years? Isn't there drama in watching something like that?

I don't get the objection.

Comment

I was talking about what the writers did, not anything Lana did in general or should I say purposely. All Clark has been doing ever since reckoning, is moan, whine and sulk over his decision. Now this whole lexana thing, you can see the guilt in his eyes. If Lana had stayed with him, it would probably would have been different, because he would have had one less thing to worry about. In fact, he probably would be trying harder to protect Lana
          I agree with that, but still, even if Clark was moping around, if there was a major threat, he'd have to deal with it. The moping around is just something used as filler so the writers don't have to make Clark do incredible things all of the time.

Comment

So, what is wrong with a rebound? That doesn't happen in real life? Can't rebounds last for months, or even years? Isn't there drama in watching something like that?
            Rebounds don't last for months and they sure as heck don't last for years. That's why they're rebounds, they don't mean anything and certainly don't last long. Because sooner or later you realize why you're here. I don't see the drama in watching Clark go with Chloe on the rebound. I don't see the fun in Clark going through the motions as Chloe grows more and more in love with him, only for him to break her heart. I don't see the fun in watching Lana give envy eyes to them either. Haven't there been enough rebound boyfriend and girlfriends?

I agree with that, but still, even if Clark was moping around, if there was a major threat, he'd have to deal with it. The moping around is just something used as filler so the writers don't have to make Clark do incredible things all of the time.
            There's been a major threat ever since hypnotic and I don't see him doing anything with it. Fine was been out there for a while now and I don't see Clark doing anything worth while about it. Like, oh I don't know, going to seee Jor-el, who seems to know everything.

Comment

Rebounds don't last for months and they sure as heck don't last for years. That's why they're rebounds, they don't mean anything and certainly don't last long.
              This isn't true. Some rebounds end in marriage.

I'd like to see this show change its focus from ships to mythos. That's what's interesting about the show. If SV would move ahead with Clark's development and keep whatever ship it decides to do in the background, I think the show would do better.

Comment

Not from what I've seen, but to his, his own.

I'd like to see this show change its focus from ships to mythos. That's what's interesting about the show. If SV would move ahead with Clark's development and keep whatever ship it decides to do in the background, I think the show would do better.
                Clana would have done that, but oh well.......

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville

Well this will never happen. Al/Miles need their ships because they like to watch shipper scenes over and over again on their dvd players.

Comment

I wonder if season 7 will be the creation of Chlana? I mean, why not? They've already screwed up the ratings enough, why not live the dream?

Comment

I've heard rumblings that the big climax of season 6 is a pentagon between Clark, Lex, Lana and Chloe with Shelby being the fifth. Apparently Shelby is really upset being only featured in split second scenes where he is seen lying on the floor in a corner. Al/Miles feel bad so they are going to throw him in there. Of course, you might be asking why Lois isn't going to be featured in the pentagon to make it a hexagon but the answer there is that she is going to try and get it on with Lionel confusing the whole Mionel situation as well.

Comment

Come on, I want the Lana, Lois and Chloe triangle. LIVE THE DREAM!

Comment

Not from what I've seen, but to his, his own.
                          I know cases. Happy marriages, too.
                          Originally posted by myankskent
                          Well this will never happen. Al/Miles need their ships because they like to watch shipper scenes over and over again on their dvd players.
                          Sadly, I fear you may be right.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                            The ships served a purpose once upon a time. Do you remember "Forsaken"?

I rewatched the other day and it reminded how good SV could be. Lana was leaving, so Clark had a big choice to make about his secret. He felt like he was being ... foresaken. The whole episode turned on the theme. Emily Dinsmore came back for the suspense/action stuff. Lionel and Lex had their major rift. But Pete proved to be the key, since he showed Clark that telling his secret wouldn't fix everything.

It was a great episode in retrospect, but it didn't seem like it at the time. Because almost every episode was that good in Season 2 & 3. The problem isn't the ships anymore than it is the FOTWs. The problem is that TPTB got lazy and started taking the fans for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                              I know cases. Happy marriages, too.

That's because people who are obsessed with someone....will not allow their feelings to deepen for any else other than the person they want. If Erica D's Lois had been there in place of Chloe.....it would have been the same exact thing........(Crazy as Clark is to pass up a body like Lois' to be with a thin Lana)......but if he had allowed those feelings to deepen for another (like with Chloe at the Spring formal)....... then whether it was with Chloe or even Lois.....it would have been...."See ya' Later Lana!". And I've seen things like this happen (and on more than one occasion).....so no one can convince me otherwise. A cousin of mine couldn't believe that she almost lost someone special to just such a situation. Me.....I'd like to see that happen to Chloe......but in the end (and to remain faithfull to mythos as he does end up with Lois)....I'd rather see Chloe (due to her mom's illness) be the girl that got away.........Man....Lucky for that idiot Clark that Chloe and her cousin are so much alike.....that stupid BDA.....He doesn't deserve that kind of luck.

*I just saw this Animated Superman episode and thought the writting was just so cool......Superman pretending to be Batman.....and with side kick Robin no less.......Gotta Love it!
                              ----------------------------------------------
                              Brainiac to Superman (who happens to be disguised as Batman, from "Knight Time" The Animated Adventures of Superman).

Brainic - "I suspected that we might meet Batman. You are every bit the detective that your followers on the Internet believe"

Batman(Clark in Batman disguise) - " I can't allow you to leave"

Brainic - "What you allow does not concern me....while your deductive skills are impressive.....you are still only human"

Brainic, with his powers, begins to blast Batman with Deadly force. But man......is Old Brainy Boy in for a big surprise.
                              Last edited by CK&CK; 05-10-2006, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Lucky for that idiot Clark that Chloe and her cousin are so much alike.....that stupid BDA.....He doesn't deserve that kind of luck.
                                But Lois isn't like Chloe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎