No announcement yet.

Hated the scene they ended it on.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadToad
    I thought Lana came off in that last scene as nasty, bitter, spiteful and completely unlikeable. Its one thing to be hurt over a break-up, but its quite another to develop convenient amnesia and make claims like you owe Clark nothing. He's saved her, and been there for her, over and over and over again during the run of this show. And if he is such a horrible person, then why did she stay with him so long? She knew that that he kept secrets all throughout their relationship. Now, suddenly, she can't trust him? B/c he broke up with her? Ah, screw you woman.

As for her ridiculous "I'm better then you b/c I'll tell the truth", she lied right in this scene. She had to be guilted into doing it by Lex. And as for her always telling the truth when that horrible Clark doesn't, has she mentioned the whole "I killed Genevieve Teague thing and had Lex cover it up for me"? Yeah, thought not.

Really Clark, time to get to steppin' Any woman thats macking on another guy, especially one thats your enemy, in such short period of time ain't worth it.

Yeah, let her find happiness with Lex. Let me know how that works out for ya Lana.
    Bingo, right on. Dont think I could have said it better my self. Exactly the way I felt about the last scene.

This is what pi**es me off so much about the recent clana interactions. Its like the writers are writing a different show than they started writing 5 years ago. I think they should sit down and watch over seasons 1-4. Then maybe they would be like "oh yeah, thats where we were going with that." Or, "we cant write that, it wouldnt fit."

I've always liked lana but the end of this episode really turned me off. She was just such a bi*** to clark and seemingly forgot about all the times he's saved her and been a great friend to her. And as someone else mentioned... not 2 episodes ago she says to chloe, "there will never be anything between me and lex." Even a TV character can only be so dumb as to diss the good people in their lives and run straight into the arms of the bad ones. But for some reason lana does?

Comment

Definately, I wish mine would look like that!

On a more positive note, Kristin's hair looked very nice. [/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

yeah, it should have ended with the martha and lois scene with clark walking by awkwardly and lois just saying that now therye even. that would have been the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
          Yeah im growing tired of this Lana business. I mean As many times as Clark has saved Lana's life she says she has no right to protect but lex saves her twice and she's like oh im so safe with him. bah
          Not only that, but if Clark did'nt catch that bullet it could have ripped right through the two of them so who saved who there.

Comment

As for her ridiculous "I'm better then you b/c I'll tell the truth", she lied right in this scene. She had to be guilted into doing it by Lex. And as for her always telling the truth when that horrible Clark doesn't, has she mentioned the whole "I killed Genevieve Teague thing and had Lex cover it up for me"? Yeah, thought not.
            You really nailed it, BadToad. That little piece of self-righteous hypocricy was unbelievable. If there was one thing that left an impression on me from this ep, it was this last scene, and Lana's dishonest -- and cruel -- lecture on honesty.

But KK's hair really did look good.

Comment

So really, this whole bitter "I can't trust you" nonsense b/c she knows he has a secret he won't share? I'm not feeling the sympathy for her anymore. She's kept her share of secrets, for her own reasons (her relationship with Jason, killing Jason's mom, working with Lex on the spaceship). And that seems to be OK with her.

And come on, she really thinks Lex is going to be honest with her? That just makes her look like a fool. No one should have to tell her anything.
              yes ...yes..triple yes.

her hair looked a lighter than usual and a bit poofy but she has nice hair anyway.

Comment

The way it ended hough lana was snarky (but honestly she may have alittle right to ill feeling for Clark at the moment) the taking down of the telescope is the prefect metephore for the end of Clana, its like the writers are saying finally its over, time for a new chatper.

Granted the break up was a cop out and Lexana is just revolting at least we can see where Clark is moving closer and closer to the tights.

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                  I knew we weren't through with the loft scenes.
                  How true! I much rather have the ending with the Martha & Lois heart to heart OR my preference would have been The Clark and Chloe discussion of how sometimes you have to save everybody, even the "bad" people. True heros can't pick and choose. This is what makes Supes the king of all superheros. This was a pivitol moment, a learning lession in Clark's development in becoming the man he is to be. Forwarding like this deserved the ending IMHO.

Comment

The last scene did bum me out a bit. I also would of preferred Martha and Lois scene at the end... but hopefully this means this is the end of Clark & Lana and they are moving on....

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                      I knew we weren't through with the loft scenes.
                      It looks like instead of angsty loft scenes, we're going to get angry loft scenes.

Comment

My thoughts on this are......

So far Clark has several options he can do instead of standing there saying nothing at all, that doesn't involve his secret being revealed in this Clana scene:

1. He can pull a Jason Teague and remind her again how much he's been protecting her by saying Jason's " You don't know how much I've been protecting you? do you?!!" line to her

2. He can pull a Adam Knight and turn everything around on her so she doesn't have anything on him by calling her out on her crap like: she's being an ingrate, a hypocrite and a judgmental, selfish and clingy ***** because that is what she is basically. And just put her in her place for once (which he should've done in the first place)

3. He can turn everything around on Lex and throw off suspicion of his secret by planting seeds of doubt in Lana's mind about her relationship choice. And actually get Lana to open her eyes to what she is getting herself into by getting romantically involved with him Instead of having Lex paint himself as the good guy in Lana's eyes when he clearly isn't. ( again which he should've done in the first place)

and 4. Tell her the reasons why she can't trust Lex instead of just telling her she can't trust him by bringing up who caused her death in the car crash in Reckoning and who also was behind their break up in Hypnotic.

Their conversation in Clark's loft should've gone like this:
                        ( I'm making this up as I go)

Lana walks up the stairs and enters Clark's loft.

Clark: "Lana, what are you doing here?"

Lana: "I am here because Lex wanted me to tell you something instead of you finding out from somebody else. You know when we were together, nothing bothered me more than when you were being less then honest with me and I don't want to be like that."

Clark: *vents his frustration about Lana and about Lexana and takes accountability and responsibility for his behavior towards Lana regarding their relationship*

" I understand that I have put you through a lot with my confusing and secretive behavior over the past years Lana, and I am sorry for not trusting you or letting you in. Hurting you was never my intention yet I keep hurting you anyway with my secrets and lies. So I know messed up with you and I am not proud of that, but now I know I can't trust you because you never trusted me nor have you ever appreciated me for being your friend or respected me as a person. Lana all you ever were to me was ungrateful. Ungrateful and judgmental.

All I ever try to do is keep you safe and all you do is blame and criticize me about secrets and lies and always playing your stupid mind games and you know what Lana? I am getting sick and tired of it. I am sick of being the one person who always getting badly mistreated by you and Lex. I am just plain down right sick of you and Lex always blaming me for all your problems when you have your selves to blame for them. Not me. Lana, you're involving yourself with a very dangerous man and you don't even see it. It's not like you even care if you're putting your own life in jeopardy is it? by getting involved with my arch nemesis? Lex is a lier and a fake and you're a lier and a hypocrite!!!! So don't stand here in my loft and tell me you haven't been dishonest yourself when you have been!! so it's ok for you to lie and keep secrets? but it's not ok for me? double standard much Lana?"

[CENTER]Lana: *in stunned silence with tears in her eyes. Feeling like Clark is right about her and Lex. Shocked at Clark's pent up frustration and annoyance* "At the hospital, when I said I was returning some books, I was lying. Lex and I have been spending a lot of time together."

Clark: "
                        You know I've noticed that, now I have reason as to why I can't trust you."

Lana: "Clark, it's more than that…. We're seeing each other and it's better if you heard it from me first."

Clark: It's a good choice, but Lana, you don't know Lex like I do. I know what he's really like Lana, You clearly don't. Believe me I've been on the receiving end of his pretenses. So if you truly believe Lex is honest with you then clearly you don't know him very well. And I don't appreciate you coming into my loft and insulting me for being a hero so shut your face hole and get out! Oh, by the way Lana, I know about you and Lex, I went by the mansion to talk to Lex and saw you and him kissing "

Lana: *still thinking about all the things Clark just said to her as she descends the stair case, she stops and looks back at Clark and tries to get her last final word in, but after what Clark said to her she just leaves without saying a word because Clark didn't want Lana get the last word before he did so he made sure he got the last word and she starts to cry, tears starts coming down her face that she runs out of the barn sobbing after learning that Clark knew about her and Lex. she runs back to Lex and tells him Clark knows about them and saw them kissing and Lex is deeply remorseful and ashamed that he guilted Lana into telling him and is annoyed that Clark didn't tell him that he knew about him and Lana, but doesn't confront Clark about it.*

This is how should've gone in this episode, but somehow it didn't and that annoyed me the most. I imagined this whole conversation with Clark and Lana in the loft going more like this inside my head, that would be so cool if the writers and producers actually had Clark be like that with Lana in this scene, just calling her out on her crap instead of putting up with her crap. I mean personally I would love to see that any time, any day, but that's just me. Same thing goes with Lex in their Clex scenes. Having Clark call him out on his crap instead of putting up with his crap. I mean seriously people, Stop with Lex and Lana always crapping all over Clark in this season, Clark's has been through enough of Lex's and lana's crap already, he does not need to go through more of their crap. He really doesn't. So seeing Lana crapping all over Clark again in this episode is really becoming an annoyance. If anyone on this board agrees with me on this post please let me know if you second my motion.
                        Last edited by laurarawlins; 05-07-2016, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by laurarawlins
                          " I understand that I have put you through a lot with my confusing and secretive behavior over the past years Lana, and I am sorry for not trusting you or letting you in. Hurting you was never my intention yet I keep hurting you anyway with my secrets and lies. So I know messed up with you and I am not proud of that, but now I know I can't trust you because you never trusted me nor have you ever appreciated me for being your friend or respected me as a person. Lana all you ever were to me was ungrateful. Ungrateful and judgmental.

All I ever try to do is keep you safe and all you do is blame and criticize me about secrets and lies and always playing your stupid mind games and you know what Lana? I am getting sick and tired of it. I am sick of being the one person who always getting badly mistreated by you and Lex. I am just plain down right sick of you and Lex always blaming me for all your problems when you have your selves to blame for them. Not me. Lana, you're involving yourself with a very dangerous man and you don't even see it. It's not like you even care if you're putting your own life in jeopardy is it? by getting involved with my arch nemesis? Lex is a lier and a fake and you're a lier and a hypocrite!!!! So don't stand here in my loft and tell me you haven't been dishonest yourself when you have been!! so it's ok for you to lie and keep secrets? but it's not ok for me? double standard much Lana?"
                          Lana owes Clark nothing and Clark saving her life doesn't automatically entitle him to anything. Clark hasn't respected Lana, which created the foundation of her not respecting him. Lana hasn't been unappreciative about Clark being her friend. Lana hasn't blamed Clark for her problems. Lana has no reason to see Lex as dangerous because Clark didn't tell her about what Lex is up to, like sending meteor infected people to attack them. Lana lies to Clark because she doesn't trust him, that's true. She doesn't trust him because he lies to her.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

Why do a lot of people say Lana owes Clark nothing? I'm confused by that

Originally posted by Dagenspear
                            Lana owes Clark nothing and Clark saving her life doesn't automatically entitle him to anything. Clark hasn't respected Lana, which created the foundation of her not respecting him. Lana hasn't been unappreciative about Clark being her friend. Lana hasn't blamed Clark for her problems. Lana has no reason to see Lex as dangerous because Clark didn't tell her about what Lex is up to, like sending meteor infected people to attack them. Lana lies to Clark because she doesn't trust him, that's true. She doesn't trust him because he lies to her.

[/SIZE]
                            in my mind I hear Clark saying this to Lana, can you really put limitation on imagination? why do a lot people on here always say "Lana owes clark nothing" ? I don't get that. This doesn't have to turn into an intellectual debate. You can either agree or disagree. Most of these discussions on here are mostly a matter of an opinion of one's own perspective of the show and is open to many interpretations. Like I said before It flat out comes down to the fact that she plain did not trust him. Admittedly, Lana doesn't trust anybody, but if she and Clark really were as deeply connected as they always claimed they were, she should have been able to at least trust that he wasn't keeping secrets for malicious reasons and wait for him to tell her in his own time. A person's trust (especially a person like Clark, who lives the kind of life he does) is a privilege, not a right. Lana expected his implicit trust without ever giving him her own.

Early on in the series, Lana and Clark bonded over the whole orphan thing, and they could empathize with each other about the baggage that brings along, and that was good. But beyond those first tentative explorations into each other, Lana didn't really seem to absorb much about him other than that "Clark Kent lies." Which is actually kind of hilarious, because Clark is honest to a fault... except about this one thing.

If Lana truly was Clark's one true love or whatever, it shouldn't have bothered her so much that he had a secret. I can totally understand getting frustrated that someone you love won't open up to you. It would be frustrating to anyone, but Lana took it way past the point of acceptability. Rather than taking all the other things she knew about him (that he was a good man, that he always put the well-being of those around him before himself, and that even if he did so by accident, he never ever wanted to hurt her or see her be hurt, for example) and deciding whether all the good things she knew outweighed this one single bad thing, she fixated obsessively on something that (from her perspective) was his one flaw. She wasn't the only one to do this (notable examples being such dark creatures as Tess and Lex), but she was certainly the one most bothered by it.

She didn't trust him enough to be honest with him about her own secrets (which were many), and she didn't trust him to love who she really was any more than he trusted her to love who he really was.

Clark and Lana are very similar on the surface. They're both fairly reserved people who come from similar backgrounds, both intelligent and with a predilection for melancholy and dwelling on the past. Underneath that, however, in the real sinew and bone of who they are, they're incredibly different people.

Lana and Clark may have loved each other, but love is not enough. Love is the reason that you fight through the hard things. It's the best part of any relationship. But it's not the only thing a relationship needs. A successful relationship also needs trust, respect, friendship, and the willingness to work through obstacles (even obstacles within the relationship itself) as a couple. Clark and Lana had the love, alright, but they did not have ANY of the other elements. They didn't often trust each other, they didn't often respect each other, and despite all their talk of "we're just friends" in the first two seasons, they weren't ever really friends in the way Clark was with the other girls in his life (including the woman he married, who declared him to be her best friend). And when two people find it easier to just give up rather than try to untangle their problems, I wouldn't call that "working through obstacles."

Lana absolutely believes from the bottom of her heart that the ends justify the means. If she does something wrong (such as steal a car, or a lot of money, or engage in espionage and armed assault, or physically assault no less than three people, or any of the long, long list of morally questionable actions that Lana takes over the course of the series), she feels that it is totally okay as long as her end goal is good. Now, I know we all hated the Star Wars prequels, but you know what Lana's reasoning sounds like? A whole lot like the kind of reasoning that led Anakin to becoming Darth Vader. If you do bad things for good reasons, it doesn't make you a hero. It makes you an anti-hero, and it's very easy for an anti-hero to become a villain if she/he is not careful.

Clark, in contrast, has a very rigid code of ethics. We know this. If you don't know exactly what Clark Kent's moral code is by now, what the hell show have you been watching? Yes, he is capable of going too far when he's emotional- anyone is- but when he's thinking rationally, he draws a line in the sand and WILL NOT CROSS IT. Lana looks at the line, scuffs out a place with her toe, and slips over it, and justifies that because killing five people would save fifty.

From Siren:
                            "Every transgression that I have made, you have answered with a hypocritical judgment. No one can live up to your self-righteous standards."

The point here is that no relationship can survive- and I mean NO relationship, at least of a romantic type- when the two people involved have such a wildly divergent attitudes about morality and personal responsibility. It's one of those absolute fundamentals that just has to be there. You don't have to agree on every little detail, but the gist of it has to be relatively similar. Clark and Lana's moral codes are not relatively similar.

One thing I know for certain about love is this: you find your soul mate when you find someone who might be very different from you on the surface, but underneath all the top layers, you're the same.
                            Last edited by laurarawlins; 12-12-2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with Laura. Lana should had really had been called out on that kind of behavior, even if Lana doesn't owe Clark anything.

and Laura highlighted why Lana and Clark would had never worked in the first place... yet the writers were too blind to see that and kept on insisting that Lana and Clark was meant to be together. Oy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                                I have to agree with Laura. Lana should had really had been called out on that kind of behavior, even if Lana doesn't owe Clark anything.

and Laura highlighted why Lana and Clark would had never worked in the first place... yet the writers were too blind to see that and kept on insisting that Lana and Clark was meant to be together. Oy.
                                The show highlighted that Clark and Lana weren't meant to be. The idea was always that they loved eachother but couldn't make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎