No announcement yet.

Lana to Lex: You saved my life...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadToad
    myankskent, with all due respect, my opinion is no more "ridiculous" then any of yours. You don't have to agree, but please show some respect for others opinions, as I assume you expect the same in return. I think Lana is being an ungrateful witch, and thats MY opinion, and perfectly valid to me based on the events that occured on the show. You don't have to agree. I don't expect to you, since its all about Lana for you.
    nope...it's all about Clark for you. I don't have a favorite character per say on this show. I respect your opinion, but tell me how Clark has not messed up in this situation. Let's debate that for a while.

Comment

No, lets not debate that. Its already been discussed quite a bit, and obviously people are pretty intractable in their positions. You think he should tell Lana, I don't. You think its all his fault she ran to Lex, I don't. You think Lana has done no wrong in the relationship, I don't. Etc.

And please, you are obviously all about Lana.

So yes, I'm siding with Clark.

Comment

From experience I know that people do irrational things after a bad breakup of a long term relationship. Ignorance runs rampant on both sides. People do things that in hindsight seem outrageous and ludicrus but eventually the door opens, the light comes on, and even bitterness subsides.
        Lana was blindsided by the breakup even though she knew there were problems, that is why she kept reaffirming her love and asking Clark to reassure her about his feelings.
        However, for Lana to forget all the times Clark saved her and to even suggest that Lex was heroic in Fade is flying the kite alittle to close to the trees. It just doesn't fly. Lex wasn't shot. Besides, each time Lex has been around to "save" Lana, it has been his fault she was in danger. Stand close enough to the dynamite and eventually someone will light the fuse, dumbass. For a character that I enjoyed so much, it is hard to see the freefall. Fortunately, rebound relationships ultimately fail and no matter what happened in the hospital with our hero, Lex, he won't be able to hide his true self much longer. Thanks, Milton. Oh yeah I forgot. Clark is still a BDA because you either shape up, wise up, grow up, or you "Fade".

Comment

Love your last line: "...you either shape up, wise up, grow up, or you "fade""...words to live by.

Comment

No, lets not debate that. Its already been discussed quite a bit, and obviously people are pretty intractable in their positions. You think he should tell Lana, I don't. You think its all his fault she ran to Lex, I don't. You think Lana has done no wrong in the relationship, I don't. Etc.

And please, you are obviously all about Lana.

So yes, I'm siding with Clark.
            Actually, you are mistaken. I think Lana deserves what she gets from Lex. I also think that Lana has done wrong in the relationship. But I don't think that Clark is completely innocent either. Now do you think I am pro lana?

Comment

LOL, of course. Please, I read and retain.

Whatever, lets just move this thread along. You have your opinion, I have mine, and never the 'twain shall meet. So, lets not clog up the thread with a back and forth that goes nowhere.

Comment

LOL, of course. Please, I read and retain.

Whatever, lets just move this thread along. You have your opinion, I have mine, and never the 'twain shall meet. So, lets not clog up the thread with a back and forth that goes nowhere.
                I actually want to get inside your head and see what you really think. You and I have had some duels in the past, but I really don't understand your stance on things being that you are pro clark. If you don't want to share your opinion, that's cool.

Comment

I have to agree with BadToad, Lana has made a lot of bad decisions that have nothing to do with his secret and him not telling her. Those bad decisions are one of the reasons he never told her.

It's true what one of you said, that Lana didn't question Lex but would have questioned Clark. She seems to be as wrapped up in the secret as Lex is. If she really felt that way, then why would she ever get in a relationship with Clark. Lana's continuous harping on Clark is what ruined the relationship. She could have easily just focused on her love for him and accepted him as is, but she didn't and now it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
                    I have to agree with BadToad, Lana has made a lot of bad decisions that have nothing to do with his secret and him not telling her. Those bad decisions are one of the reasons he never told her.

It's true what one of you said, that Lana didn't question Lex but would have questioned Clark. She seems to be as wrapped up in the secret as Lex is. If she really felt that way, then why would she ever get in a relationship with Clark. Lana's continuous harping on Clark is what ruined the relationship. She could have easily just focused on her love for him and accepted him as is, but she didn't and now it's over.

I disagree. What woman is going to say "that's ok, I know you're lying right to my face, but I don't care because I'm going to focus on your love for me?" And we can't argue what Lana "would have" done; that's not a valid argument. We can only concretely argue what she has done. It's over because he's a wimp, and I guess he thought his secret would put her in danger. But all he has to do is look at Chloe and see that that's not true.
                    Last edited by cotton candy girl; 04-28-2006, 08:04 PM.

Comment

A woman who is loyal and believes in him and convinces him she is his no matter what. But Lana will never give all of herself. The very fact that he told her the first time means he wanted to give himself to her. And no matter what anyone says, he would have told her the second time if he believed that she was the one, he would have found a way.

Comment

What bad decisions?

A woman who is loyal and believes in him and convinces him she is his no matter what. But Lana will never give all of herself. The very fact that he told her the first time means he wanted to give himself to her. And no matter what anyone says, he would have told her the second time if he believed that she was the one, he would have found a way.
                        So basically, you're saying that Lana should give herself to him, even though Clark doesn't give himself to her?

Comment

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
                          I disagree. What woman is going to say "that's ok, I know you're lying right to my face, but I don't care because I'm going to focus on your love for me?" And we can't argue what Lana "would have" done; that's not a valid argument. We can only concretely argue what she has done. It's over because he's a wimp, and I guess he thought his secret would put her in danger. But all he has to do is look at Chloe and see that that's not true.
                          Again, Chloe dis-associated herself from Lex back around Bound or Scare. Lana has not. Since Bound/Scare, Lex has done many bad things. Clark & Chloe started understanding that no matter what Lex does (even good intentions), bad things happen as a result (see Onyx). It's because he is obsessed with meteor rocks, Clark's secret, etc.

Especially since Commencement and up through Mortal Clark truly learned what Lex was all about. Lana stayed in Lex's orbit after all that (yes, he put her life in danger), even after Clark pulled away from him. Would you trust your girlfriend with such a secret if she was hanging around a guy who betrayed you to try and find out your secret? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Even worse, Lana knows that Lex is obsessed with finding out Clark's secret and takes his medical file to him. If she cared about Clark as much as she said right before he died, wouldn't she just be happy that his life was spared by a miracle? No, because she has to find out the secret and why there is so much mystery. Now I do blame Clark partly for this in that he was kidding himself by not telling her after he lost his powers (at the end of Arrival). I don't think it was fair towards Lana that she found out she was sleeping with an alien after the fact.

But the reason it all ended was mainly due to Lex. Lex hired Simone to do what she did. Lex was the one to chase after Lana and get her killed in that accident. And Lana should have been smart enough to stay the hell away from him, especially after Clark proposed to her. Lois & Chloe are smart enough to stay away from Lex, why the hell not Lana?

Bottom line: Clark told her and she died not because of it, but because she hung around Lex, who is/was reckless and who knew she knew the secret. That's why Clark didn't tell her the 2nd time around. All that coupled with his father's death has made him more stone-like in dealing with Lana. If it was me in his shoes, I would have cut & run a long time before.
                          Last edited by xrayvision; 04-28-2006, 08:22 PM.

Comment

He did, do you not remember Reckoning, he gave her everything, and for her to end up at Lex's mansion.

The bad decision to go to Lex in Reckoning and got killed, the bad decision to date Lex knowing he's bad news. The bad decision to work with Lex behind Clark's back relating to the ship. The bad decision to lie to Clark in Splinter. The bad decision to go to MetU without even letting Clark know she was leaving. The bad decision to take medical records to Lex in Hidden and to work with Lex on the mystery of Clark. Need I say more.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              Again, Chloe dis-associated herself from Lex back around Bound or Scare. Lana has not. Since Bound/Scare, Lex has done many bad things. Clark & Chloe started understanding that no matter what Lex does (even good intentions), bad things happen as a result. It's because he is obsessed with meteor rocks, Clark's secret, etc.

Especially since Commencement and up through Mortal Clark truly learned what Lex was all about. Lana stayed in Lex's orbit after all that (yes, he put her life in danger), even after Clark pulled away from him. Would you trust your girlfriend with such a secret if she was hanging around a guy who betrayed you to try and find out your secret? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Even worse, Lana knows that Lex is obsessed with finding out Clark's secret and takes his medical file to him. If she cared about Clark as much as she said right before he died, wouldn't she just be happy that his life was spared by a miracle? No, because she has to find out the secret and why there is so much mystery. Now I do blame Clark partly for this in that he was kidding himself b, I y not telling her after he lost his powers (at the end of Arrival). I don't think it was fair towards Lana that she found out she was sleeping with an alien after the fact.

But the reason it all ended was mainly due to Lex. Lex hired Simone to do what she did. Lex was the one to chase after Lana and get her killed in that accident. And Lana should have been smart enough to stay the hell away from him, especially after Clark proposed to her. Lois & Chloe are smart enough to stay away from Lex, why the hell not Lana?
                              Well, the answer is because Lana has been friends with Lex for a long time, unlike Chloe and Lois. Lex was partners with her at the talon, and he has always been there for her. Again, I don't think that Clark is not telling Lana because he feels that Lana will betray him, I think that he is not telling her because he fears for her getting killed.

He did, do you not remember Reckoning, he gave her everything, and for her to end up at Lex's mansion.

The bad decision to go to Lex in Reckoning and got killed, the bad decision to date Lex knowing he's bad news. The bad decision to work with Lex behind Clark's back relating to the ship. The bad decision to lie to Clark in Splinter. The bad decision to go to MetU without even letting Clark know she was leaving. The bad decision to take medical records to Lex in Hidden and to work with Lex on the mystery of Clark. Need I say more.
                              Alright, Lana came clean about the ship with Clark in Fanatic I believe, at the end of the episode. So that negates splinter and the fact that she lied to him about the ship. As far as the medical records are concerned, I hear that a lot, but what damage has that really caused in the show?
                              Last edited by myankskent; 04-28-2006, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Man that was a sad moment but what if it happened this way...

Lana: You saved my life..

*Clarks burst in through the doors*

Clark: No!! i did see *shows bullet in hand* .....

yep that would have been awesome to see the look on her face...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎