Fade Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to remember that Smallville's timeslot is probably one of the most coveted in all of Television broadcasting.
    Thursday nights at 8/7c is tough competition, so unless we can multiply ourselves, we may never seen Smallville beat Survivor.
    I definitely do agree that once we started heading into this last stretch to the finale and get more into Clark becoming Superman and the possible appearance of Zod, we will see a better showing.
    Plus, May Sweeps and Finales usually go hand in hand to produce better ratings.
    As long as we stay faithful to the program and encourage others to check it out, it will be a strong contender.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
      We have to remember that Smallville's timeslot is probably one of the most coveted in all of Television broadcasting.
      Thursday nights at 8/7c is tough competition, so unless we can multiply ourselves, we may never seen Smallville beat Survivor.
      I definitely do agree that once we started heading into this last stretch to the finale and get more into Clark becoming Superman and the possible appearance of Zod, we will see a better showing.
      Plus, May Sweeps and Finales usually go hand in hand to produce better ratings.
      As long as we stay faithful to the program and encourage others to check it out, it will be a strong contender.
      Thursday is nowhere near what it used to be. NBC doesn't put out good programming anymore, like they did in the past with Friends and Seinfeld...just to name a few. I think what we really have to watch out for is the start of next season. If this lexana storyling keeps up, season 6 will start off poorly and that is what could kill this show. There will be a season 6 because of the ratings earlier in the year, but the finale means everything. Give the fans what they want, and there will not be a problem. Don't give them what they want, and there will be hell to pay.

Comment

Well, as of now, there is no season 6 since no official word has come in that the show will be renewed. I wonder how pissed the fans will be if it gets cancelled and the series finale next week will end up with Lexana. That would suck big time.

At the same time, I wonder if they do get another season, if they will plan it on being the last season, or if they will leave room for cliffhangers.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          Well, as of now, there is no season 6 since no official word has come in that the show will be renewed. I wonder how pissed the fans will be if it gets cancelled and the series finale next week will end up with Lexana. That would suck big time.

At the same time, I wonder if they do get another season, if they will plan it on being the last season, or if they will leave room for cliffhangers.
          They're definitely having a 6th season. I believe tv.com just posted a list for next year and Smallville is on it. But if I'm the writers, I use this summer to think back at what went wrong in season 5, and hopefully after about 2 minutes of thinking, Reckoning and the episodes that followed it should come to mind. I don't want to hear that the 5th season is a ratings success anymore. The first 12 episodes mean nothing if you lose a large portion of your audience the second half of the season after you advertise the hell out of this season being everything that the fans have waited to see. No one would've stopped watching if all hope of that diminished after Reckoning.

Comment

Rating couldn't be as bad as they were for Hypnotic because that was episode was pure character assasination. The writers really dropped the ball on that one. I am afraid Lexana is going to destroy this program. Please give us more Super and less Soap!

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              They're definitely having a 6th season. I believe tv.com just posted a list for next year and Smallville is on it. But if I'm the writers, I use this summer to think back at what went wrong in season 5, and hopefully after about 2 minutes of thinking, Reckoning and the episodes that followed it should come to mind. I don't want to hear that the 5th season is a ratings success anymore. The first 12 episodes mean nothing if you lose a large portion of your audience the second half of the season after you advertise the hell out of this season being everything that the fans have waited to see. No one would've stopped watching if all hope of that diminished after Reckoning.
              Myankskent, you said it perfectly and I couldn't have said it any better myself. True, the show had definately showed signs of getting better at the beginning of the season, but after the 100th episode, it all went downhill all over again. They said this season would be everything we've ever wanted to see, and I just have one question. Do TPTB even have a clue as to what the hell the fans want, or are they so caught up preparing this new gay Aquaman TV show that they just don't care anymore? With the exception of Brainiac, I haven't seen anything I've wanted to see this season. I never wanted to see Lex and Lana hook up (I still can't believe they're actually doing that) and I never really cared about Clark and Lana getting back together either. What I wanted to see was see Clark grow up and stop being such an insecure wuss, I wanted to see Lana learn his secret and him finally getting over her so they could be nothing more and nothing less than close friends, and I wanted to see an end to all the painfull angst crap that's plagued this show since season 3, not more of it. So yeah, they'd better fix all this crap over the summer while they're preparing season 6, or I'm done with this show for good!

Comment

well chloe did save clark and lana almost(it was so damn close!) died

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎