Favorite Quotes for "Fade"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi TampaVille ... Definitely not a cynic, or if you are then we both are!

Perhaps that's part of what made the line so clever? Both of those interpretations work. Lex could have been scheming to get closer to Clark once again in order to expose him, or he might genuinely be expressing a lament for the way their friendship fell apart. It was a great line.

Comment

Oh, I definitely agree with you, I loved the line too! Good choice for a favorite quote from the episode. Lex usually gets a pretty good double meaning line =).

Another Lex line I like, from Mercy, comes when he's about to bust in the door. "Want to wait for the police? Neither do I." Though by comparison, the Mercy line is pretty meaningless, beyond just Lex being cool =).

Comment

1) Graham to Clark: "You saved my life. I don't know how to thank you."

Clark: "You don't have to. I did what anybody else would have done."

Chloe: "Hey! Now you couldn't do that on the farm. Thanks to you that guy's got a new lease on life. Nice work!"

2) Chloe and Clark quotes

Chloe: Riddle me this--how does an assassin get in a completely sealed room unseen?

Clark: You knew, didn't you?

Chloe: No! That's why it's a riddle.

Clark: All those times I asked you how Lana was doing, you avoided the subject like the plague. You knew about her and Lex.

Chloe: I'm sorry Clark. But I didn't think it was my place to get involved.

Clark: You're supposed to be my friend.

Chloe: I am your friend.

Clark: You are? Then why didn't you say anything?

Chloe: Because I'm Lana's friend, too, and she asked me to keep it a secret. I thought you of all people would respect that.

Clark: You know how dangerous Lex is. Any friend of Lana's would never let her get involved with him.

Chloe: Look, Clark, I wasn't exactly jumping for joy either, but Lana's a big girl. Where are you going? Clark, where are you going?

Clark: Lana has no idea what she's getting herself into.

Chloe: Clark, let me remind you that you broke up with her. That means Lana can date whoever she wants with or without your written permission.

Clark: I know. But I still care about her and I don't want to stand by and watch her get hurt.

Chloe: I hate to be the one to say this, but you don't have a choice.

3) Lois to Graham: "Official warning. I'm a third-degree black belt. That means I can't be held liable for any of your funeral costs."

Graham: "Go easy on me. I'm a friend of Clark's. Are you his girl friend?"

Lois: "Not in this life time."

4) Clark and Graham

Clark to Graham: "Your "thank you" was fine. I appreciate the gesture. You don't need to repay me."

Graham: Whoah! Where are you going Clark?

Clark: Look, if you want to do us both a favor, just consider us even.

Graham: Clark, I apologize. You're a lot deeper than I give you credit for. You must have really loved your ex. Then what's the problem? Let's get the 2 of you back together.

Clark: It's a little late for that.

Graham: It's never too late.

Clark: It is when she's already with someone else.

Graham: That might make it more difficult, but not impossible. Who's the lucky guy?

Clark: Someone I used to call my friend.

Graham: Well, that's not crossing the line --- that's just plain wrong.

Clark: Well, if you know Lex Luthor, you wouldn't be surprised.

Graham: That billionaire might be with her now, but don't lose faith, Clark. If it's meant to be, things have a way of working themselves out.

Clark: Well, I hope you're right.

Graham: I know I am.

5) Lana and Lex

Lex (in a hospital bed, to Lana): Hey.

Lana: Ssh. Lex, you're not supposed to talk.

Lex: I'm not supposed to do a lot of things. Did they catch the guy?

Lana: No, not yet, but they're going to. Lex, I don't understand why anyone would want to do this to you?

Lex: Pick a number. There's a lot of people who want to see me breathe my last breath. I'm not going to make it easier for them, I have too much to live for. Thanks for being here. As you can see there's not a crowd of well-wishers knocking down the door to be at my bedside.

Lana: I wasn't your only visitor. Clark stopped by earlier.

Lex: Really?

Lana: Yes.

Lex: It's too bad it takes a near-death experience to bring old friends together. Did you tell Clark about us?

Lana: I don't owe Clark a thing, Lex...especially the truth.

Lex: I know you're mad at him, but he deserves a modicum of respect.

Lana: This isn't about anger. I'll tell him when I'm ready, on my own terms.

Lex: Lana, don't let him find out from someone else first.

6) Lois Lane and Martha Kent

Lois to Martha Kent: "Why can't I just meet a decent guy from a decent family who happens not to be a psychopath?"

Martha: "Lois, when I was your age, I wasn't dating any prince charmings, either. I used to meet the dark, mysterious type, too, until I met Jonathan."

Lois: "You see, what worries me is that when my Jonathan does finally come around, I'll be looking the other way and I'll miss him completely."

Martha: "We have to keep a closer watch. You know, I think we go through these bad relationships for a reason. Maybe you have to get through the wrong men so you can recognize the right one."

7) Clark and Chloe quotes

Clark: "Saving strangers end up getting other people killed, I'm not sure that's the business I want to be in."

Chloe: "Do you really have a choice? I'm nowhere near super, but if I see someone drowning, I'm going to throw them a rope."

Clark: "And what if that person's a killer, Chloe? What if the whole world would actually be better off without them?"

Chloe: "Still, it's not your choice to make. I mean, just ask a doctor or a firefighter or anyone in the "hero" business. You save first, then you ask questions later."

Clark: I guess you're right. It's not always that easy.

Chloe: Especially when the person you're saving is Lex Luthor.

Clark: I should have never questioned your friendship.

Chloe: You were angry, and I understand. I mean it's not exactly a walk in the park to see the person you love in the arms of someone else.

Clark: Of all the people in the world, why Lex?

Chloe: Just like you can't pick and choose the people you save, you can't control who your ex-girlfriend dates. That's just the way it is.

Clark: You have no idea how hard it was to see them like that. It's like I couldn't breathe.

Chloe: I'm sorry you had to find out that way. I know how much it must have hurt. But, you know, Lana's moved on. Maybe it's time you started doing the same thing.

8) Lana and Clark

Lana: Lex got out of the hospital today.

Clark: That's great! He's a lucky guy.

Lana: Clark, when you and I were together, nothing bothered me more than when you were less than honest with me, and I don't want to be like that.

Clark: That's a good choice.

Lana: At the hospital, when I told you I was at the mansion returning some books, I was lying. Lex and I have actually been spending a lot of time together.

Clark: You know, I kind of noticed.

Lana: Clark, it's more than that. We're seeing each other. And I thought it would be best if you heard it from me first.

Clark: Lana, I know you don't want to hear this---especially from me. You can't trust Lex.

Lana: And I could trust you?

Clark: I just don't want to see you get hurt.

Lana: I know you think you're being some kind of a hero, Clark, but the truth is, I don't need you to protect me.

Clark: Lana...

Lana: Clark, it's over. You made that decision.

Comment

6) Lois Lane and Martha Kent

Lois to Martha Kent: "Why can't I just meet a decent guy from a decent family who happens not to be a psychopath?"

Martha: "Lois, when I was your age, I wasn't dating any prince charmings, either. I used to meet the dark, mysterious type, too, until I met Jonathan."

Lois: "You see, what worries me is that when my Jonathan does finally come around, I'll be looking the other way and I'll miss him completely."

Martha: "We have to keep a closer watch. You know, I think we go through these bad relationships for a reason. Maybe you have to get through the wrong men so you can recognize the right one."

This was so beautiful, and ironic. Poor Lois does have bad luck with guys, and here's hoping she turn her head the other way and realise her Johnothan's been under her nose all along.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎