Ep 1.20 - Dead Man's Blood

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep 1.20 - Dead Man's Blood

Talk about tonights episode here.

Vampires murder an associate of John Winchester and keep the gun he was carrying. The only weapon which can kill the ceiling demon; he trades a sickly vampire to get it back. Arrows soaked in dead blood or bullets from that gun will kill vampires. Dean refuses an order from John in front of a stunned Sam. John reluctantly agrees to collaborate with his sons. They save his life, and he eventually saves theirs in return. The brothers watch John preparing to leave.

I am so psyched for this episode. I have been wanting them to do a vampire episode since the start. Although I am worried about the vampire effects they are going to use. I want them to put a more realistic spin on it, but I am hoping that it is done well.

Comment

Sam's dialogue is a little repetitive so far.. "Dad, you never told us about ________". I think if my dad told me about vampires that might freak me out a little Although I guess the family is used to stuff like that.

The vampire teeth are interesting. Not what I expected.

Comment

I loved it! I agree with the teeth , kind of different. I like the whole thing where they didnt think the vampires were real. Great to have them all back together for the final episodes

Comment

Great episode! Sarah got a mention, the vampires were believable and dad can stop being so cryptic! Did anyone else notice that "Kate" bore a strong resemblance to Kate Beckinsale from Underworld? Just thought that was interesting. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes!

Comment

Great episode. I was alittle shaky on the vamps by they were cool. I liked how the tied the gun into it. The ep was more about the gun than it was the vampires.

Comment

I enjoyed the time spent between father and sons more than I did the actual story of the show.

I really liked the scene between Sam and Dad where Dad basically owned up to the fact that, somewhere along the way, he lost sight of the fact that Sam and Dean were his sons, instead of his soldiers. Well, he didn't forget they were his sons, but he treated them like soldiers to make sure they were alright - as that was the only way he felt he knew how to do it.

And now Sam and his dad are pretty close to the same wavelength.

And the ending was great, that its now a "family affair" to kill the demon.

Oh, and we get to see Meg again the last 2 eps, yay!

Comment

It was a good ep. If memory serves, the way they did the teeth is more in following with vampire....history (? - don't know if that's the word I'm looking for...). Years ago I read a vampire type history book and the teeth were described more as a circular thing (like they did) than the traditional two fangs that we usually see...no, I'm not that much of a weirdo, honestly...
                anyhoo, they do well with the brother and father/son interactions.

Comment

i think the episode was cool and they did it to get that gun thats going to play an important role i guess for the future. i like sam standing up to his dad and everything comming out about why he did what he did and all of that. the vampires were cool alot better then the vampires in smallville or course this is based on real vampires and not krypto ones. why are vampires so horny tho? every vampire thing they are always tryting to get some. the teeth thing was cool. and i like when they shot the head guy in the head and he kind of just crumbled and vanished and its cool when they got there heads choped off.

Comment

This was a great episode it was the first episode that actually ahd me hiding under the covers cause of all the creepy spooky supernatural creatures vampires have always been the scariest to me. But i loved it and watched it anyway. I loved the way their dad decided to go after the demon together with them.

Comment

Totally shallow, but I love the titles they use on this show. "Dead Man's Blood" is just a cool name. And it ended up being important to the episode. I thought "Dead Man's Blood" just referred to the fact that there were vampires, who drink blood. And they killed a man at the start. But the dead man's blood was actually important to the plot.

One of my favorite scenes was the one at the vamps lair. When the vampire hears a noise, and goes to see what it is, he was like all those kids in horror movies who have the same thing happen to them. Then, when he turns, and Dean's right there (and even says, "Boo!" which was a hoot), it was like a complete switch on how it's usually done. The vampire was the "kid home alone" and Dean was the "slasher" who does him in.

Comment

Something else different about this ep - besides Meg - this was the first time that the brothers/family knowingly left the "bad guys" alive, at least a couple of them. Or at least, it was implied that way, since the 2 vamp chicks got to drive away.

Comment

This episode was good just for the fact that we got some new developments with Sam/Dean and the relationship they have with their father. My favorite scene was at the end of the episode in which John finally realizes that the strength lies in family, and we hear him say "Let's go kill this thing... together." Made for a really cool ending.

In regards to the vampire plot I have to say that I was a bit dissapointed. It seems like anytime they try to branch out from the classic version of the vampire genre, we always get crappy effects and a biker gang type of setting like with the film The Forsaken. I was looking for more of the classic vampire look with actual fangs, etc.. Not the weird looking teeth they showed.

Now I liked the fact that they took the approach of all the legends about crosses, sunlight, etc being a load of crap. Puts more of a modern and realistic spin on it. I just wanted the effects to be classic. My favorite vampire effects to this day were used in the show Forever Knight, which I still feel is the best vampire show out there. I love Buffy more obviously, but for the vampire theme, you can't beat Forever Knight.

The plot with the gun killing anything was interesting though. It was a great scene when they did the slow motion on the bullet that killed the lead vampire. IN regards to the title, I thought it was awesome how they worked in the fact that the blood of a dead man is harmful to vampires. It reminded me of the scene in Interview with a Vampire where Lestat drinks the blood from a dead person.

Not quite as good as I was hoping for overall, but I think it is really cool that we still got a vampire episode. Now all they need is a werewolf episode and I will be happy. Vampires and werewolves have always been my two favorite.
                          Last edited by vyperman7; 04-21-2006, 11:30 AM.

Comment

YAY! The mentioned Sarah! Anyway, great episode...The ending seemed kinda rushed but it was still good.

Comment

I thought they showed the dad being too weak, he is the master hunter and he would have been killed so easily if the brothers hadn't come back. With all his experience, I don't think he would have screwed up so blatantly, letting the chick(who was supposed to be poisoned) get loose to attack him.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎