No announcement yet.

Lois - Happy she's back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    Regardless, this show and the movie are seperate entities. Why do they care what Smallville would have done with Lois in S4 vs. what the movie did with her? They are completely unrelated.
    WB owns both and it's the WB that has decreed that they can't do anything other than what they are allotted for with regards to Lois. From the way I understand, despite people saying they are unrelated, Bryan Singer (the director of the new movie) and Al/Miles have met together many times and discussed both of their projects and in some of this discussion have convinced the higher ups and the WB to loosen the reins on their protected character. I don't particularly understand why since we are continuously being told they are 'completely seperate' but lately I have been noticing visual similarities with the movie and with Smallville. Lois' hair for instance went from going with an all black wig to a brown wig with blonde highlights, very similar to Erica's hair in Smallville. The Kent Barn in the flashbacks of Returns is nearly identical to the barn featured in Smallville and the "KENT" mailbox is a twin. The way the Fortress looks on Returns was even admittedly based on the way Smallville made their Fortress. So despite claims to the contrary both WB and DC comics (who owns the characters) are trying to get some similarties between them to milk both the movie and the show for all they're worth. Everyone loves publicity and I think that the WB knows that audiences of Smallville (which despite it's low ratings remains at a high number , even the people who talk about hating it are still watching it) are going to unwittingly attempt to draw parallels between the two.

So we'll just have to wait and see, but I think it's a big mistake to have any kind of romantic Clois on the show because neither of them are mature enough for it and I can't see Clois without Superman. Lois should get more storylines however and they DO NOT have to revolve around Clark.

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
    I would've been more convinced of Lois' admittance had she maybe said she was sorry to Maddie and not to Clark. What good is her telling Clark she's sorry gonna do? For all we know, Maddie could come after her later on and shard her to death.
    What good would the writers see in having Lois apologize to Maddie? Then they couldn't attempt to have more of their Love/Hate Clois scenes in the show that they seem to adore adding in.

I however wouldn't call what she said to Clark an 'apology' She was telling him horrible her behavior was because he was trying to feel sorry for her. Lois' words were more like 'Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for Maddie because I treated her like crap.' At least that's how it came across to me.

I do think there was an unspoken understanding between Maddie and Lois when Maddie's father took her away and they looked forlornly at eachother.
    Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 04-25-2006, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I just wish they would give her an actual,on-screen storyline (and generic fotw victim/hero doesn't count)
      The character hs so much potential, their doing nothing with her except a couple random scenes any secondary character could be in.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
        WB owns both and it's the WB that has decreed that they can't do anything other than what they are allotted for with regards to Lois. From the way I understand, despite people saying they are unrelated, Bryan Singer (the director of the new movie) and Al/Miles have met together many times and discussed both of their projects and in some of this discussion have convinced the higher ups and the WB to loosen the reins on their protected character. I don't particularly understand why since we are continuously being told they are 'completely seperate' but lately I have been noticing visual similarities with the movie and with Smallville. Lois' hair for instance went from going with an all black wig to a brown wig with blonde highlights, very similar to Erica's hair in Smallville. The Kent Barn in the flashbacks of Returns is nearly identical to the barn featured in Smallville and the "KENT" mailbox is a twin. The way the Fortress looks on Returns was even admittedly based on the way Smallville made their Fortress. So despite claims to the contrary both WB and DC comics (who owns the characters) are trying to get some similarties between them to milk both the movie and the show for all they're worth. Everyone loves publicity and I think that the WB knows that audiences of Smallville (which despite it's low ratings remains at a high number , even the people who talk about hating it are still watching it) are going to unwittingly attempt to draw parallels between the two.

So we'll just have to wait and see, but I think it's a big mistake to have any kind of romantic Clois on the show because neither of them are mature enough for it and I can't see Clois without Superman. Lois should get more storylines however and they DO NOT have to revolve around Clark.

What good would the writers see in having Lois apologize to Maddie? Then they couldn't attempt to have more of their Love/Hate Clois scenes in the show that they seem to adore adding in.

I however wouldn't call what she said to Clark an 'apology' She was telling him horrible her behavior was because he was trying to feel sorry for her. Lois' words were more like 'Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for Maddie because I treated her like crap.' At least that's how it came across to me.

I do think there was an unspoken understanding between Maddie and Lois when Maddie's father took her away and they looked forlornly at eachother.
        I agree with you on no romantic Clois. That is clearly the Superman era, which Smallville is not about. I do think that the friendlier relationship that Clark (not Superman) & Lois have later on can be worked on. I still would like Chloe to become Lois since it is now too farfetched that the 2 would have the same careers and same style of getting things done.

I hope WB Studios knows what they're doing and increase the # of viewers if there is a S6 on CW this fall by coupling the show & movie together (if the movie is a success, which I'm not too sure of). I expect to see Smallville promos in the theater ads that precede the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by tjpw fanatic
          i was happy because i think she brings a lot of humor to the show, especially when her and clark are together
          She's like a breath of fresh air compared to Lana

Comment

yeah i agree with you, her character is not only funny but interesting because you never know what she is going to think or say.

Comment

I love Lois! Last season I did not like how much older she looked compared to the high school kids but she has always been funny and strong!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎