Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same old Inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

in a world with meteor freaks, crystals making time travel possible, it just seems like getting the distance down between Metropolis and Smallville should be doable.

Start from the beginning though. This was the first time I have seen a story with Metropolis and Smallville being so close together. I figured it was artistic license, since they want to include some Met references. First few seasons when they would talk about going to Met on the weekend or for a few days, was very believable.

Now, though, they seem to make the trip back and forth *in the same day*. And the next scene, they're back, or it's the next day and they're in the other town again.

Personally I had thought that with Lana staying in Smallville (to start), and Clark able to get to Met easily, this would have been the time to extend the story to Chloe, Lois and Clark. But once Lana moved to Met, it easily could have included Lana also.

However, we see now that, so much action still happens in Smallville, that the other people who shouldn't be able to get around fast enough to make it believeble in the series, are the ones who end up coming to Smallville.

I do find it funny though, either due to the message forums or how a fan thinks..but somehow, everyone is constantly reminded and has established that

1) Metropolis is 3 hours driving away from Smallville.
    2) Clark can superspeed there in 10 minutes prior to Season 5 (was that one-way or round trip?)
    3) Now in S5, he can do it even faster

These are probably things the writers never intended to be so widely known :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SlickBlonde
      I tend to fight for the underdog on these boards (namely the writers, clark, occasionaly lana), just to be different. But this whole smallville-metropolis thing is terribly ridiculous. I go to school about 2 1/2 hours from home and there is no way I would have just hopped back in the car without begging to have the conversaiton on the phone.

I just don't understand, if they needed her to be in smallville why not have her staying at the talon with lois. then if they need her walking in on lois and chloe having that conversation about clark, have her walk in on lois and chloe at the talon, and find out that chloe is in smallville and not met-u becasue her dealine got pushed back. that would have been so much easier
      yeah and that would of made 100% more sense too

Comment

Originally posted by bluegayle
        1) Metropolis is 3 hours driving away from Smallville.
        Well, the key word is "drive". It's a 2-3 hour drive to Metropolis. Is the road to Metropolis a straight line (assuming there even is one, and you don't have to make detours through other towns)? In "Identity", Clark claims to have taken all the short-cuts (so, there is a shorter path to Metropolis). In "Idol", an annoyed Lois mentions it having taken two hours to get there (from Smallville to Metropolis?), due to the monorail being down. In "Precipice", Smallville is shown to have a train station. Maybe there is a high-speed rail to Metropolis, that runs through Smallville (given their two meteor showers in 16 years, people would want to be able to leave town real fast). Sometimes, they've got cars with them... Okay, so maybe it's a car shuttle train.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎