Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chole_fan
    Well, the last few weeks (since returning from hiatus) we have been averaging about 3.3 - 3.4 million, with about 70% retention out of SV. However, last night was not good I have no idea what happened, but Born Under a Bad Sign only pulled about 2.85 million viewers. Now, SV was down also (to about 4.7 million) and that always affects us, but we were way below where we have been and our retention out of SV was down to about 68%. Who knows what happened. Maybe people decided to watch CSI for Grissoms return (their ratings were up over 2 million from last week) or they are watching the OC seeing as how the big finale is coming up soon. Whatever the reason, I hope the ratings rebound next week. Its a shame too because last nights epi was so good.

I had read somewhere that Grey's Anatomy had a huge episode on Thursday night, which might have accounted for the severe drop in numbers. However, this is the first time all season the numbers have dropped below the 3 million mark, so considering the uber stiff competition this show is up against, I think it's doing well! I'm just extremely disappointed that this episode didn't do better, especially given the genuinely creepiness of the episode itself. Lots of people missed out on Jared's awesome performance!!!

Comment

well, maybe more people are finding out about the full episodes online now and not bothering with watching it on tv?

Comment

i think the show needs to be promoted more. i would hate for it to change nights but if it needs to go on another night to keep ratings then maybe thats what it has to do. Maybe some celebrity guest stars will help a bit. they did have linda blair. maybe the can bring in robert englund too or something. as long as they get the names out there, there may be more ratings.

Comment

i think Supernatural should move back to Tuesday nights. I loved when it was on Tuesday. I think they should also play reruns on Sunday again. Ahh those were the days last season =]

Comment

Tall Tales got about 3.03 million viewers. I was really happy to see it back over 3 million. The initial numers had it at 3.15 or so, but it fell in the finals due to preemptions for basketball in Indiana and Kentucky (including Lexington and Indianappolis). But, I was really happy to be above 3 mil again

And, I agree with Smallville_Fanatic, I think they should move the show back to Tuesday nights, especially if they cancel VM. It could fill that hole nicely. It always did well there and I think it could do well again. Just my opinion though.

Comment

If they move the show, the CW really needs to hype the fact that it's moving. SPN doesn't get nearly the promotions that some of the other weaker shows get, and I have absolutely no idea why. This show's freaking fantastic: why wouldn't they promote it??

Again, with 3 million viewers from "Tall Tales", considering the super-stiff competition the show's facing, I think that's pretty darn good!

Comment

Ratings for last nights episode (3/15/07):

Supernatural on the CW (Viewers: #5, 3.54 million; A18-49: #5, 1.4/ 4). (from Mediaweek)

3.5 million!! Thats excellent given the 3 three week break and the fact that ratings before the break were down around 3 mil

Comment

OMG!!! *bounces* I'm soooo excited about this!! God, I hope the numbers stay this high!!

Comment

that is great. seeing how they went up half a mill then perhaps they will be more likely to renew for season 3. lets hope

Comment

if it changed from thursdays, it would get a lot more viewers =] tuesday would be fine, since nothing else is on (at least that i would watch, besides american idol). so maybe tuesdays not a good idea... but im sure it would get more viewers than thursday with two top shows on at once.

the BETTER renew season 3 !!

Comment

If they dont renew for a 3rd season..oh there will be millions of angry fans! They will I have no doubt!

Comment

more like an angry mob.

Comment

well seeing how this week smallville lost like .5 million views and supernatural gained .5 million viewers it shows that after a break supernatural can get more viewers and smallville cant. of course smallville is still the number 1 show on the CW.

oh and if they moved it to tuesday nights at 9 it would be up agianst house.

Comment

Smallville is actually a steady #2 for The CW in terms of total viewers (no idea how it ranks demographic-wise, which is really all the CW looks at) -- America's Next Top Model rates higher on average (plus, seeing as how America's Next Top Model doesn't air repeats in its regular timeslot, it has an additional advantage over Smallville in overall season averages, since repeats are included in those). In terms of overall season averages (all airings including repeats), Smallville is #3 behind Top Model and Friday Night SmackDown!.

And as for Supernatural going up against House -- it did so for a little while last season, and did a lot better than it's doing now. It also went right up against AI, and got better ratings. The biggest problem right now is that Supernatural is a drama going up against the two highest rated (on average) scripted dramas on television. Too much audience crossover there.

Comment

Ratings for this week held strong, despite a preemption in Chicago.

Here are the Fast Nationals (not counting the preemption in Chicago):
                                and Supernatural on The CW (Viewers: #5, 3.52 million; A18-49: #5, 1.4/ 4). Retention for Supernatural out of Smallville was a solid 85 percent in total viewers and 82 percent among adults 18-49 last night.

And the finals (with the Chicago preemption accounted for):
                                Supernatural
                                - 3.379 million viewers
                                - 2.1/3 HH
                                - 1.3/3 A18-49
                                - 1.3/4 A18-34

Not too bad! Smallville also went down in the finals, so our retention rate stayed about the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎