Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The One" for Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 hours isn't enough time. She has to adjust to the fact that Clark is an alien, he has powers, and, on top of that, a marriage proposal. The comics Lois had a longer time to adjust to all those things. Lana couldn't be expected to make a sane decision immediately.

Comment

All I can say is: God bless Martha Kent the only person who can grab Clark and say "Wake up boy she is not the one there are a lot a girls out there who are better for you than this drama queen"

Comment

Martha never meant it that way. In "Reckoning" she said that she couldn't imagine anyone else with Clark. Maybe her knowing that Lana's the cause of Jonathan's death is what causes her to tell Clark to push her away.

Comment

Lois took time adjusting to Clark being Superman not to being an alien. She was already in love with the alien part.

Comment

kikidee, no offense, but you really need to brush up on your Superman history. Post-Crisis Lois was engaged to Clark before she knew he was Superman. She loved Clark, and had to think over whether to continue the engagement because she wasn't sure if she wanted to be Mrs. Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
              Martha never meant it that way. In "Reckoning" she said that she couldn't imagine anyone else with Clark. Maybe her knowing that Lana's the cause of Jonathan's death is what causes her to tell Clark to push her away.
              I didn't think that was Martha that said that, wasn't it Jonathan? I could be wrong. But I thought that never happened because Clark went back and changed things??

Comment

It was Jonathan, but he said "we" instead of "I" and Martha showed no objection to Clark marrying Lana in the beginning of the episode.

Comment

It was Jonathan, but he said "we" instead of "I" and Martha showed no objection to Clark marrying Lana in the beginning of the episode.
                  I wonder though what she really thought?
                  Having Jonathan answer for her doesn't really mean I know what she thought. Maybe her comment about the "she's not the one", are 'her' feelings about Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonchic
                    kikidee, no offense, but you really need to brush up on your Superman history. Post-Crisis Lois was engaged to Clark before she knew he was Superman. She loved Clark, and had to think over whether to continue the engagement because she wasn't sure if she wanted to be Mrs. Superman.
                    It is amazing how people often think that Lois accepted Clark because he was superman. It is interesting, because even pre-crisis Lois Lane, in Earth 2, married Clark without knowing he was superman at all. In fact, even Clark didn't remember when he proposed. When she found out, she tried to leave him, because she knew that he only asked her to marry him because he didn't remember.

I guess people always think that Lois loved Superman instead of Clark because of the Superman movies that went with that. But then, again, in these movies Superman was the real person and Clark Kent was a disguise.

Comment

Maybe Lois just decided to settle with Clark because she knew she could never be with Superman. If you're girlhood crush was Brad Pitt, you'd know you would never end up marrying him so you'd just settle for the next best thing. That's what Lois did. She knew she could be with Superman so she settled for Clark Kent.

Comment

I don't think Lois settled for Clark. She loves him (Clark I mean)

Comment

Maybe Lois just decided to settle with Clark because she knew she could never be with Superman. If you're girlhood crush was Brad Pitt, you'd know you would never end up marrying him so you'd just settle for the next best thing. That's what Lois did. She knew she could be with Superman so she settled for Clark Kent.
                          No she didn't. She almost break up her engagement with Clark when he told her he was superman, so this is not true. The reason she had so much problems with Clark at the begining was because he "stole her story" on her point of view. Lois had a really hard time forgiving that. They were also rivals for a long time in the newspaper. She finally fell in love with him, he proposed and she accepted. Then, after some time, he told her he was superman and she almost break her engagement. Then she finally did, after he kissed Lori Lemaris. They stayed apart for a while because she felt he was always trying to protect her and didn't let her do her job right. Even nowadays, Lois still has issues with Clark's trying to protect her all the time. So, this theory of her "settling for Clark" is not true at all in the Comics Universe.

Quoting Lois Lane from the Comics: "Even though I'm married to Superman, I can't live without Clark Kent." (it is not the exact quote, but it is something like that.)

Maybe in Smallville Universe it will be different, because everything is different in Smallville. But in the DC Comics, Lois Lane is in love with her husband, Clark Kent. She was dazzled by superman, once, but she fell for Clark. That's why she accepted him. It was very clear for everyone who read the comics.
                          Last edited by liana; 03-31-2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Yep she says something more along the lines of "Under that costume your Clark Kent, you'll always be Clark. You can't live without him and neither can I."

I just read that story, that's how I remember that Love that when she says that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyKrypto
                              Yep she says something more along the lines of "Under that costume your Clark Kent, you'll always be Clark. You can't live without him and neither can I."

I just read that story, that's how I remember that Love that when she says that!!!
                              The Comics give us memorable Clois moments. I must say I love their relationship. Unfortunatelly we didn't have any real romantic relationship in Smallville, only the Kents, and it is over now... Clana had their moments, but on the whole it was so bad written that is a shame. It should have been better. If I was a clana fan I would feel really bad for what they did.

Comment

Re: "The One" for Clark

Originally posted by The Great Ymmij
                                I really didn't like how they wrote the story for who Clark would potentially end up with. For more than 4 1/2 seasons, the writers pushed to make us believe Lana was Clark's true love. They made so many freakin' episodes teasing us about their future together. The most notable one was Reckoning where we finally got a chance to see the proposal and their happiness together.
                                Why would the writers just scrap that all up and make Martha say that Lana probably isn't "the One?" Clark still remembers when he proposed to Lana and how much love they felt for each other at that time, so he should've still been in deep love with Lana even now. I just don't understand the writers...
                                Even though it doesn't correctly fellow the usual superman/superboy mythology (Smallville being a much more "twisted harsh" version) it does stay true that Lana IS NOT the one for the Clark. They can't fit everything in a season, so I think they're kinda hurrying up the inevitable, much the way they are doing it is not so pleasing to most.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎