No announcement yet.

Favorite episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite episode

This is my favorite episode out of the whole series! Out of my other favorites(in the poll) what is yours?
    Hidden
    0%
    Reckoning
    0%
    Rush
    0%
    Sacred
    0%
    Blank
    0%
    Extinction
    0%
    Scare
    0%

Definitely Hidden! not just out of these but the entire series Yip Yip Horray Hip Hip YorrayGood job sv team a wonderful ep

Comment

Hidden was a great episode, but definately not my all time favorite.

I was curious about something though. I was looking over your poll and was confused by the choices you made for the poll. None of the episodes that you chose are even close to being considered the best of the show. They are all ranging from decent-mediocre. Hidden was the only exceptional episode out of the ones you listed, but even though it is awesome, there are still episodes in season five I love more, let alone the whole show.

Now if you had stacked the poll with episodes like Shattered, Exile, Memoria, Rosetta, etc.. Then it might have been a more well rounded poll. But episodes like Rush, Scare, Extinction, etc.. ?

If I had to pick my 10 favorite episodes it would go something like this :

1) Shattered - My all time favorite episode. Great action and suspense, and Lex finding out about Clark. I could watch this episode over and over and never get sick of it.

2) Arrival - A lot of people consider Hidden to the best episode of season five. In my opinion it is Arrival if only for the intro of the FOS. Hearing Jor-El say welcome home my son with Clark in the FOS gives me chills everytime I see it. Plus the Kryptonians wreaking havock, and the intro of Brainiac to Precious from Depeche Mode is awesome. My only gripe was the fight between Clark and the two Kryptonians. From what I head, it was scaled back due to budget.

3) Run - The race at the end if my favorite Smallville scene, and I loved how the whole episode was handled. It had a lot of great interaction between Bart and Clark, excellent forshadowing "I think I'll start like a club or league or something" and a lot of nice displays of what Bart could do.

4) Rogue - The most underrated episode of the whole show. Why this episode is not more popular is beyond me. It had the best effects scene with the bus, great Supes references "I don't think I could see myself going into battle with this on my chest", a great villain that was not a FOTW, really good interaction between Clark and his parents, and the awesome cliffhanger with Lex seeing the blur on his computer.

5) Leech - The best episode in terms of forshadowing Clark's character towards Superman. He gave up his own safety for the greater good of fighting Eric. "Even though Eric has my powers, I still think of them as my responsibility". This episode also has the best Superman-centric line of the show with "I'd stop people like you" that Clark said in reponse to Eric's question about what Clark would do with powers.

6) Exile - One hell of an episode all around. Great music, effects, and an outstanding cliffhanger. Really got the ball rolling well from the events of Exodus. My only gripes with this episode would have to be Lex's scenes on the island ( a tad bit slow), and Chloe's hair.

7) Covenant - My favorite finale. I was into this episode from beginning to end. It had outstanding cliffhangers at the end, Clark finds out he will fly, and Clark and Lex part ways. I was really happy that Kara did not turn out to be some lame Supergirl type character.

8) Vortex - Another truly underrated episode. Really great effects scene with the Tornado, and loved the suspense of Nixon revealing the secret. Loved Clark's realiztion that he felt like he was flying in the tornado, and the last scene with the ship and Cold Play's "In My Place" is one of my favorites. Just a top notch episode overall.

9) Pilot - The episode that started it all. It did a great job introducing all the characters and getting the ball rolling. Just a fantastic episode from start to finish.

10) Transference - I would have to say that this episode has my favorite premise of any episode to date. Lionel Luthor with powers is awesome. Both Tom Welling and John Glover nailed the performances in this episode as well.

Honorable Mention :

Commencement, Insurgence, Red, Rosetta, Talisman, Hereafter, Duplicity, and Memoria.
      Last edited by vyperman7; 04-18-2006, 04:41 PM.

Comment

My favorite episode is Skinwalker. I also liked Nichodemus, Delete, Truth, Blank and Aqua.

Comment

vyperman7: i liked your choices. All of them are very good episodes. They are all probably on my top 15 list. I enjoyed all of them and they were some of the finest in the series.

1.21 gigawatts: Skinwalker isn't one of my favorites but it was still really good. The others you listed, though were very good I liked Nichodemus, Delete, Truth, and Blank. Aqua was ok. if you do your math right you will find that my top 15 (not in order) are:

Hidden
          Blank
          Delete
          Nichodemus
          Truth
          Shattered
          Exile
          Transference
          Run
          Pilot
          Rogue
          Covenent
          Arrival
          Leech
          Vortex

Comment

I'm surprised vyperman didn't include Hidden in his top 10, or even honorable mentions. It's my favorite episode ever in the series, it's just so hard to find anything wrong with it. Action, drama, the music and great acting were flawless and complemented an excellent script in Hidden.

Comment

Hidden was definetly the best episode yet. In second comes Mortal.

Comment

Out of the choices here I chose Hidden becuase it is a truly excellent episode (in my top 10, actually). Extinction was a close second. My top ten looks like this:

1. Memoria
                2. Commencement
                3. Shattered
                4. Arrival
                5. Rosetta
                6. The Pilot
                7. Crusade
                8. Hidden
                9. Vessel
                10. Exile

Comment

Memoria is a brilliant episode. The content was controversial and handled well, and explained brilliantly the dynamic of the relationship between Lex and Lionel. The final scene between Lex and Lionel when Lex explains it was his mother who killed Julian and not him was superb. The moment of realisation of Lionel was acted flawlessley by John Glover, and Michael Rosenbaum did great as well when Lionel tries to embrace him, simply saying 'no' and physically stopping him. Powerful stuff. This episode shows the viewer the crucial moment in Lex's life which results in his eventual corruption to the super-villan he will become. He becomes twisted due to his Father's upbringing and this upbringing is a result of Lionels perhaps subconcious contempt for Lex as he thinks he murdered his infant son.....brilliant stuff............and so sad....

Comment

Crisis. Was very fun. Its so hard to pick a favorite episode. Theres like 112 of them. I love them all, but for different reasons. like my favorite "powers" episodes

1. Heat - Can't beat it.
                    2. Sneeze - Fun, Chloe teaching the powers was a fresh spin to it.
                    3. Whisper - underrated, and amazing
                    4. Xray - didnt like the FOTW

Season premieres -

1. Arrival. Sustained the cliffhangers, felt like I was watching a movie
                    2. Zod. redeemed my not so favorite cliffhangers, great FOS, Raya, Jimmy Olsen, Lana showing some decency.
                    3. Exile. Amazing. Could watch it over and over and over.
                    4. Pilot. It just started it all. Six years later, watching it gives it new meaning
                    5. Crusade. Clark flying, would like to have it happen if it was actually Clark, didnt sustain the great cliffhangers that well. I liked it, if only for Lois. No chloe. I loved this episode htough.
                    5. Vortex. I hate to put this last, but its just not as good as the rest. I loved it. Looooved it. Just doesnt compare to the others

Season premieres of Smallville are great, and it hurt me to put episodes like crusade and Vortex so low on the list. I loved them so much though.

FINALES

1. Commencement. Action. Cliffhangers. Suspense. Heart. Urgency. It just had it all.
                    2. Covenant. Liked it so much its incredible, but i like commencement better. The finale scene with the cuts back and forth, are amazing. Buh bye Pete =[. Great episode, I didn't really like Kara though, and it didn't have the greatest cliffhangers, but they were godo.
                    3. Tempest. Cool name! Great cliffhanger, nice ships, relationships, and it had alot of heart.
                    4. Vessel. It wasn't the greatest, but it did set up an amazing premiere. wasnt a fan of the whole riots thing, but the Zod element was nice. I liked it.
                    5. Exodus. CLARK THE BABY KILLER! I couldnt believe our Clarky willingly put on that ring. Did like this episode alot, but just didnt compare to the others.

Its easier for me to break down episodes into categories, rather than just episodes as a whole

Comment

I think reckoning was the most exciting for me!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                        Hearing Jor-El say welcome home my son with Clark in the FOS gives me chills everytime I see it.
                        I so agree with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The introduction to FOS was brillaint! I did not expect that to be the reason Clarke was in the North Pole - I know that I should have but i didn't give myself a lot of time to really think about it: Commencment finished and I swapped the dvds and off went Saeaon 5!

However, I do think that, so far, Hidden is my fave. That is; My all time fave SV episode. I still have a lot to go though! Yeay!

Comment

There is truely so many great episodes, unless i did a complete S1-5 marathon I wouldn't be able to pick thr best. Hidden is my favourite non finale/premiere episode.

My all time favourite is Exile and then close second to Covenant. Covenant had a great cliffahnger ending and the last five minutes are mind blowing. Sometimes I watch the last five minutes of this episode because of the great ending.

Season 3 is my all time favourite season then season 5. But truely Hidden is right up at the top and is one of the best eppys I've seen.

Comment

I know I'm going to watch this tonight. I tired to watch it last night but I didn't have time. DUMB HOMEWORK! Anyways this was a great episode I was crying when Clark got shot.

Comment

Right off the top of my head, I'm thinking "Pilot", "Onyx", "Tempest", "Stray", "Rush", "Blank", and "Truth". But again, these are just some of my absolute faves. There's really quite a long list of excellent episodes!
                              Last edited by HeartChakraBabe; 10-02-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎