Superboy TV Series

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got season one. There are some interesting extras, and Stacy Haiduk is still as hot as ever.

Comment

You know, watching the DVDs, I've noticed a few occasions where Superboy almost punches someone right after they almost kill Lana. I mean, he almost loses control (one time in particular), but he doesn't and so he doesn't kill the person. It's kinda neat.

Comment

I think that Jhon Haymes Newton was great as Superboy I dont understand why they decided to recast him with Gerard Christopher.Years later,Newton starred in the motion picture
        "Alive" in 1993.....what has Newton done after the Superboy series and Alive?A shame that WB didnt discovered Tom Weilling for the role of Superboy....

At least Superboy didnt had any "freak of the weak" villians....

Although I didnt agreed with the character of Superboy,I always believed that Smallville was about a young Superboy without the costume....

Comment

I thought John Haymes Newton did well too; although so did Gerard Chrisropher. I'm not sure why they recast either.

I don't supose there has been any word on the second season release have we?

Comment

Not yet...

Originally posted by Antithesis
            I thought John Haymes Newton did well too; although so did Gerard Chrisropher. I'm not sure why they recast either.

I don't supose there has been any word on the second season release have we?

No word yet,probably November or December at most....these things take a while to be realesed you know.

However I am glad that I finally got Superboy season 1 on DVD too,it was one of my favorite shows and in my opinion it was a little bit better than Smallville...

Comment

Yeah a little bit. Mostly for me just because he was in the suit and flew which is doubtful to happen much in Smallville until the end if then.

I'm not sure if it's that or another reason,maybe the prequel aspect of it, but I can rewatch a lot more eps of Superboy than I can Smallville.

Smallville's a good show too, but after watching most eps I don't want to watch them again. With Superboy there is very few I wouldn't want to watch again.

I'm the same way with Star Trek: Enterprise. Of course part of that is it isn't as good a show as either one, but it had some good eps too. Yet i have the same responce to them as Smallville.

Comment

Apparently,they replaced Jhon Haymes because he was driving under the influence of alcohol,so they recasted him with Gerad Cristopher instead.Too bad,because Newton looked young enough to portray the boy of Steel.Gerard looked old enough and he looked more like Superman....anyway,can you imagne if
                Smallville had been produced by the Salkinds instead of
                Al and Miles Gough?Cant wait to see Season 2 DVD!

Comment

I'd imagine It would've at least ended up being another Superboy show since I doubt they would've done the "No Flights no tights" thing. Probably at least not the no flights part.

Comment

Superboy season I was very well made,it was done in a time before CGI,so we could still see Jhon Haymes fliying with wires....

I loved Superboy s costume,I always believed that the S shouldnt be too big or too small,it was very well done.
                    Too bad that Jhon Haymes was later replaced,he did an extraordinary job....hmmm I wonder then why TPTB hasnt decided to do a movie based upon Superboy?The show was very good....

Comment

True, but I've seen some of the Gerard Christophers episodes again recently and his S is bigger. Not overly so like some people think Dean Cain's was in L&C, but noticable larger than John Hayes Newton's.

Comment

No word on season 2 realese yet,maybe sometime in 2007....
                        I wonder why it is taking so long?

Comment

I am too

Comment

I recently bought the Superboy season One DVD set and the thing I have noticed on here is that Superboy is more aggressive. He threatens people, hangs them over ledges where a mob can attack the bad guy, bullies a scientist who sends them back in time, and other things. Taunts Lex Luthor. I guess this is really showing the angst of growing up as a Kryptonian. What do you all think?

Comment

I hadn't noticed, but I guess he is a bit more agressive.

Comment

I got season one for my b-day. I really enjoyed it. I'd only seen Gerard Christopher episodes before (and seen him at a convention - yum). I liked the look of it, since it's filmed in Florida and is playing Florida. It gives it a unique look with beautiful scenery. And who says two kids from Smallville (and one from Metropolis) wouldn't go to college out of state.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎