Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genvillewars92
    BBC's LIFE-animal documentary it's just stunning!
    Agreed. And Blue Planet. Tbh anything with David Attenborough's voice is just so engrossing.

My favourite Documentary film maker is Louis Theroux. He just really works his way into the heart and truth of things, mainly by acting like a complete spoon but it works! Best one is definitely 'Most Hated Family in America', but they are all brilliant.

Just saw Michael Moore's new one on Capitalism. Was good. Not as good as the others, but I put that down to it requiring a bit more intelligence, so I got lost in parts (not that i'm stupid)

Also finally got around to watching Loose Change, and just came away with this extreme sensation of 'surely if all that were true, something would have been done about it after the release of the film'. But a good friend of mine who is incredibly clever told me that most of the stuff in there was complete tosh, and that it's been discredited by a lot of people.

Can't think of anymore that haven't been mentioned, might do later

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
      Agreed. And Blue Planet. Tbh anything with David Attenborough's voice is just so engrossing.
      This is so true.

Nature Shock is intruiging aswell which focuses on freak events in nature.

Comment

I recommend you three new fantastic documentaries:-
        I Want Your Money
        Gerrymandering
        Boxing Gym

Comment

I can recommend 3 documentaries.

1. His Name Was Jason: 30 Years Of Friday The 13th.
          2. Halloween: 25 Years Of Terror.
          3. Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy.

The Elm Street one u may have to special order from a place like Barnes and Noble but it's a documentary every film andhorror buff should have. They pull no punches and it reveals a LOT of facts and behind-the-scenes pictures and stories that thrilled me to no end!

Comment

Cinema Europe: The Other Hollywood.

Hollywood: A Celebration of the American Silent Film.

The Real Cabaret.

Berlin: Metropolis of Vice.

The Celluloid Closet.

World War One in Colour.

Comment

With this being June 28th, I'd recommend: Before Stonewall, Stonewall Uprising and After Stonewall (in that order).

Comment

Lemmy (It is about Lemmy from Motörhead)
                Rush Beyond the Lighted Stage
                Iron Maiden Flight 666
                It Might Get Loud (Interviews with Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White)
                Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten
                Metal: A Headbangers Journey
                Anvil! The Story of Anvil

I prefer Music Documentaries.

Comment

For those with an interest in the economics front, Inside Job is a good documentary to watch. It tells the story of the global financial meltdown that happened in the year 2008, with interviews from influential people in the field. Another interesting on I recently watched is Citizenfour starring Edward Snowden. It talks about personal privacy, liberty and freedom of speech in the present times.

Comment

If you're from Western Pennsylvania or like the Pittsburgh Penguins there is a good documentary narrated by Joe Manganiello called "Pittsburgh is Home: 50 Years of the Pittsburgh Penguins" which was produced by the team. It covers the whole history of the Pens and all the problems they experienced from 1967 through 2017.
                    Last edited by Halberdier17; 01-01-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. It will premiere on the seventh on HBO.

Trailer:
                      Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds premieres Saturday, January 7 at 8PM, only on HBO.Subscribe to the HBO Docs YouTube: http://itsh.bo...

Comment

Five Came Back. It's a documentary about the WWII-related works of John Huston, William Wyler, George Stevens, Frank Capra and John Ford.

Comment

Crystal Lake Memories about the making of the Friday the 13th franchise.

Comment

Whitney.

Comment

The Problem with Apu.

Comment

Showbiz Kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢