No announcement yet.

starman still a possibility...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starman still a possibility...

I know this is like beating a dead horsebut I don't think that it is so out-of-the-way to have STARMAN as a guest-star on SMALLVILLE followed by the backdoor pilot to the TV series!

what do the rest of you think? not much of him is mentioned on the SMALLVILLE forum, but I seriously think STARMAN would make a more feasible full-series character then Aquaman

I'm a die hard fan of the most recent STARMAN and I agree with you on beating the dead horse.

I really don't see him crossing into SV anytime soon or in the near future for a spin-off of any kind. Or best bet would be with a feature length movie that isn't tied to SV in any way, shape or form.

Comment

I doubt there'd even be a Starman movie. He's a vaguer character than Aquaman was. I don't think that he has enough of a fan following.

Comment

Actually the character has been well known in all his forms (from Silver Age to the Present). The James Robinson run is among the most well known and I wouldn't let it out of DC's mind to pass on the chance to make it into a film or TV show at some point.

Before the Aquaman TV series, they were actually consideringa an Aquaman movie. So don't count the character out.

As for vaguer, I really recommend reading the introduction to the "current" Starman.

Comment

I actually haven't heard of Starman before he was mentioned on KryptonSite. I don't think that he ever had a series or appeared on Justice League so his character definetly isn't as well-known as Batman or Superman.

Comment

The original character dates back to the JSA back during WW2.

I had heard of him but never read the series until I heard talks of the TV show.

The fans are a little more scattered but the books have a strong following.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
              I actually haven't heard of Starman before he was mentioned on KryptonSite. I don't think that he ever had a series or appeared on Justice League so his character definetly isn't as well-known as Batman or Superman.
              I had never heard of Ghost Rider. But that didn't stop Marvel from making a movie out of him. If it's an interesting character, then they have a chance of having a TV show or movie made out if them - that's all that matters.

Comment

Truly sums it up.

Comment

I agree! I mean when itroducing new DC characters to the smallville universe, nobody said they need too be the most well-know (before the Titans toon, hardly anyone knew cyborg right?)

and also, the DC heroes shown so far have all been earth-bound. By having starman as the next hero (and later perhaps his own series), they would finally have another hero who is space-themed

Comment

I actually think he doesn't need Smallville as a jumping off point. They should just go straight for a movie trilogy if Warner is willing.

Comment

Warner doesn't know if a Starman movie will suceed and they sure don't want to take that choice. They'll probably use Smallville as a way of introducing the audience to the character so they'll have an idea of how popular he is.

Comment

Considering the fact that nothing is happening with the character at the moment, I wouldn't count on a crossover or an appearence from Jack Knight in any form though the odds are far better with a movie or another chance at a TV series.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
                          Warner doesn't know if a Starman movie will suceed and they sure don't want to take that choice.
                          Which is why we see less and less original stuff at the movies anymore...

Comment

Honestly, if they ever brought Jack Knight to Smallville I would be cringing the entire way. AlMiles don't have the respect for the characters to make these shows.

AlMiles simply don't understand the basics of these characters and what makes them function.
                            Last edited by LexLuthorMetropolis; 03-12-2006, 08:35 PM.

Comment

is that a fact...considering "Aqua" scored some of the best ratings for the season and "Cyborg" generated alot of possitive fan buzz, I wouldn't discredit AlMiles just yet for how they treat the DC universe

If starman wold ever make an appearence, I would guess it to be a sufficient, self-contained episode in which Clark met his first inter-stellar hero. Nothing to fancy, but enough to satisfy the fans while at the same time attricting a broader audience in the ratings.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎