New AquaMan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh I cant STAND the current Kay -- I liked the original

Comment

Her acting is not bad, but then again, I don't watch the show for the acting if you know what I mean. lol

Comment

Ahh, I don't know how I feel about this, folks. It's not that I have any sort of alligence to either one of these actors, but I do have a CONSIDERABLE amount of alligence to Al and Miles, and Will was their choice. Now some new CEO in a suit is gonna step in and tell them who they should cast for their show? Ehhhh, this kinda stuff makes me cringe. We'll see how it all shakes out.

I toltaly agree, I really liked Will, he was soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!! but more importantly Al and Miles ought to be able to make these desision on there own, after all this is their show.

Comment

LOL true --

Okay sorry -- didn't mean to turn this into a Passions discussion -- lord knows I don't want to discuss that trainwreck of a show --

My apologies Craig!

Anyway --

About Justin being Aquaman --

Frankly, you all may be nervous as fans of these kind of shows --

But us Justin fans are nervous too...

1. What if you all don't take to him like we have that would be devestating -- because this could be his BIG BREAK -- could be!

2. What if he forgets about us?

and WORSE: what if he gets......*eyes shift*....*whispers* typecasted...*dum dum dum* -- that'd be AWFUL

And btw -- his hair is NOT thinning *sticks tounge out* LOL -- he's got GORGEOUS hair

I toltaly agree, I really liked Will, he was soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!! but more importantly Al and Miles ought to be able to make these desision on there own, after all this is their show.

Well, it's also about the ratings too -- and the truth is -- Justin DOES have a VERY loyal and large fanbase established -- and the CEOs probably thought it would be a wise move to bring in the fanbase --

I understand where you are coming from though too -- Just don't hate my man for it Give him a shot -- I'm confident he can do well with WHATEVER he is given -- he's a very natural talent --
          Last edited by CrazyCarrie06; 02-22-2006, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I think they wanted a more mature looking actor to take the role of Aquaman. They are trying to steer away from the teeny bopper type shows (ala Disney channel) and try to make it more adult, I guess.

Comment

damn I need to get my site problem fixed -- I have got some GREAT videos of Justin to show you all --

I'll tell you what -- Justin took the Passions world by STORM -- he was a newcomer to an already established show of 3 years -- and by the time he left he was one of the MOST POPULAR actors on the show

He has such a NATRUAL ability -- Im serious -- if you ever saw his EARLY stuff on Passions -- he seriously BECAME Fox -- Watching him was just AMAZING because -- every move, every gesture, smile...glance -- seemed so - NATURAL -- like it was just FOX talking and not some writer giving Justin a script to memorize --

He's a very very capable actor -- He's had a couple of Indy films since/during his time on Passions -- I haven't gotten to see any of them yet -- but soon hopefully -- But I did get to speak with the director of one of his films on a few occasions and he had NOTHING but good things to say about Justin's abilities --

I hate to like -- sound cliche or piss anyone off -- but I would TRUELY compare him to Johnny Depp in terms of talent and abilities -- granted Johnny has worked his BUTT off to have the status he has today -- and Justin's still a rookie -- but I really think that Justin is one of those actors that can really pick up ANY role and play it well --

Plus he's got a GREAT heart -- he loves his fans and has done WONDERS for us -- I am PROUD to be a fan of him -- and he's definitly made sure he's developed a fanbase that WILL follow his career -- we are all ANXIOUSLY awaiting the show to start -- You should have read the IMs and heard the phone calls between us all today --

Most of us have the same experience with this kind of show -- slim to none -- none of us are comic book fans -- but we were ALL sending eachother links back and forth on places to learn about Aquaman and the comic series so we can all get an idea what Justin is in for

I watched Smallville today so I can start to get an idea what to expect from the creators -- and I know Jeannette and I THINK Tracy said she watched it too --

Plus -- I'll tell you what -- My friend Tania, who runs the FIRST Justin Hartley fansite ever established -- got 2000 hits TODAY ALONE -- JUST because of all this talk of his new project --

Myself, I run the largest Justin fansite -- which unfortunantly I'm having MAJOR issues with my host (gave me the boot today - basically threw my money back at me and said go away) -- Im sure that before I got the boot I had SEVERAL hits as well --

I'm anxious for the show! Im also anxious to be in a NEW type of TV -- frankly Soap Operas -- theres as mcuh off DRAMA off the soaps are there are on -- with the board wars and such and Im MORE than ready to go into a fan base that DOESNT have those issues (at least not as BAD as soap board wars get -- and they get NASTY...VICIOUS) --

Okay nuff of my carrings on -- If you can't tell -- I'm here because of Justin -- and as long as Justin is here -- I'll be here and I know I can vouch for all of my friends that I know are Justin fans -- that they feel the EXACT same as I do

*deep breath*

Comment

Watching Smallville is a great way to see what Almiles will be up to w/ Aquaman. I hope Smallville gets more popular too since both shows are similar.

Comment

Hello people!! I'm one of Justin's fan from Passions. I have never heard of Aquaman but with Justin in it, I'm definately going to follow it.

People who are unsure of the recast, give Justin a chance, you won't be disappointed. He's an amazing actor but sadly Passions writers never gave him any meat to bite into. He has range and charm.

You won't believe how happy some of us were when he annonced he was leaving Passions. Some of us have always felt his talent (along with his wife Lindsay H) were being waisted and we were right because it hasn't been long since he left and he got a role.

Hope to posting with you all when this show starts rolling.

Thanks Craig for the site on Justin's board.

Comment

Well, it's also about the ratings too -- and the truth is -- Justin DOES have a VERY loyal and large fanbase established -- and the CEOs probably thought it would be a wise move to bring in the fanbase --

well I haven't seen anything that justin has done, I'm not against him at all, it is just that Al and Milles should have the choise, I mean look at there major succsess with smallville, you would think that the CEO would respect them enough to let them make the desision. I mean Justin it pretty Hot, but I think that Will is just a lot more Hot. but i guess we will have to see what happens.

Comment

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited that justin is aquaman. I loved him on passions well i was up set when he left the show.. i wasnt going to watch aquaman show but now that justin is AC i am tuning in....

Comment

What???? Fox Crane is Aquaman?!!! Giggidy Giggidy GI-GGI-DY!!!

Comment

Yes.. FOX CRANE .. Mr. Super Gorgeous... Does anyone know for sure that The CW is picking this series up? I hope so.

Comment

They have to see the pilot first. That decides it.

Comment

I could care less about age at this point. I'd take someone who is a better actor than some who looks a bit older for the role.

I mean I have seen JH's work on Passions, and I can honestly say he'll probably do the role more than justice.

Also, I agree, Will seemed too much beefcake, he just doesn't appear to me as a person I would take as seriously onscreen. This isn't a testament to his work, as I'm sure he's a decent actor.

But with all the stigma around the comic character of Aquaman in general, it's probably good to start off with someone who is a bit familiar onscreen as JH.

Plus, I'm sure the exec. new what they're doing casting JH...especially with his online following too.

jmo.

Comment

As long as its good they'll pick it up

JH fans WILL indulge themselves in whatever it is he does, that's why we're kick ass fans on his site.

Pretty much what Carrie says is true about us JH fans

I think the recast was wonderul, looked at Will and couldn't get into him whatsoever, heard his acting wasn't that good either from a loyal Smallville fan and I will somehow watch clips of his acting when she makes them available so I can see for myself

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎