No announcement yet.

New AquaMan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AquaMan

Actor Justin Hartley from Passions is the new aquaman.

http://aquamantv.com for more info

Comment

Ahh, I don't know how I feel about this, folks. It's not that I have any sort of alligence to either one of these actors, but I do have a CONSIDERABLE amount of alligence to Al and Miles, and Will was their choice. Now some new CEO in a suit is gonna step in and tell them who they should cast for their show? Ehhhh, this kinda stuff makes me cringe. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Comment

deleted my thread

Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-22-2006, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Well, now that we've gotten past idiots that force the moderators to do things they'd rather not do. . .

I like the look of Justin better than Will. He just looks more like what I thought AC would look like at that age. Will was too... young and pretty... for lack of a better phrase.

That said, like probably most everyone else, I have no clue who could act best. I, too, have concerns when corporate types get involved. Look what happened to Firefly. Hopefully this was a good move, and will keep Mercy Reef on track in the footsteps of Smallville, rather than those of Birds of Prey.

Heck, if they cast Rhames as a regular, they've got to be doing something right.
          Last edited by Dalghryn; 02-22-2006, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Now I'm not a soap opera fan, but I have seen the soap Passions a couple times and Justin is a pretty great actor. I'm actually happy with this choice. The only thing is that he looks a bit older than I would have imagined A.C. would be, but I'll let that slide because I'm psyched to see Justin on TV again (he left Passions a couple weeks ago and the show isn't the same w/out him).

Comment

I have seen that Justin Hartley has a HUGE online fan following that hopefully will follow him over to this new project.

It might not be so bad that Moonves got involved, if that is indeed true... because if the right changes and mixture are in the program, elements Moonves likes, that all but guarantees Mercy Reef a slot on the fall schedule. Those spots are harder and harder to get this year, I don't think they want to waste their time.

Comment

I agree, this new guy has a better look than will. He looks more mature and less "pretty." Will would have been a better fit if the show was on the disney channel or nickelodeon.

Comment

Agree that he's more mature looking. Some concerns about the blatantly thinning hair, but um, my guess is that the network will "address" that issue before this fall =)

It was also probably the case that they wanted an experienced, proven talent over a total unknown. Who knows; Will might've been great in the role, but replacing him with Justin was a practical move on the network's part. I feel bad for Will, though.

Comment

I hope the soap fans who have seen Justin and like him will move with him and watch Mercy Reef too. Any audience we can get for this show, the better. I think they also want this show to take more of an adult route rather than angsty teenagers. Justin will probably play A.C. when he's 25 (even though Justin is 28). He really has the mature look going for him.

Comment

from moviehole.net:

Either he hadn't waxed where it matters or simply feared 'the deep end', because the new 'Aquaman', Will Toale, has been given his marching orders.

Swimming into the series "Mercury Reef" instead, will be newcomer Justin Hartley.

Typically, the network has issued an expected 'no hard feelings' statement concerning the switcheroo.

"Will is a talented actor with a promising career and we hope to work with him in the future," a CW spokesman said. "We have made the decision to go in a different direction with the Aquaman role and wish him the best of luck in all of his endeavors."

It's believed that the decision to recast the lead role of Aquaman/A.C Curry came about with the merger of the WB with UPN. The big wigs at the newly-formed CW Network apparently still liked the idea of doing an 'Aquaman' series - they just wanted a new man to wear the orange slip-on. They auditioned several actors, but ultimately decided on "Passions" star Hartley.

Also cast in the contemporary reinterpretation of the DC Comics character, are Ving Rhames as McCaffery and Denise Quinones as Rachel Starling.

"Smallville" executive producers/showrunners Miles Millar and Alfred Gough penned the script and are exec producing the pilot with Greg Beeman, who is on board to direct.

Comment

This guy looks way older than Will. I wouldn't buy him playing someone in his early 20s.

Comment

He looks early-to-mid-20s to me.

Comment

I think he'll play A.C. in his mid twenties (24-26). The show is probably trying to switch from a teen drama to an adult drama.

Comment

I thought it was cool that the guy playing A.C. had opposite initials from Tom Welling but if this guy's better then that's good. What matters is that he's blond.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎