NFL Corner

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-A-G-L-E-S....EAGLES!!!!! On the Road to Victory!!!!

Comment

I soooo hope the eagles win this week.

So they can loose for the forth str8 championship game!

Forget the Bills, atleast they won something.

Sucka's

(Redskin fan with notable grudge against philly fan, cannot stand them, it sux when you feel like a minority being a skins fan at a skins home game against philly)

Comment

I HATE THE PATS. Does anyone remember the pump fake fiasco against my team the RAIDAS. I hope Manning can finally handle the Pats and that the Eagles don't even get to the Championship game, my buddy is a big time Eagles fan and I tell him all the time there is no quarterback better at choking in the big game the Donovan I hope this holds true this year, Big Ben is on the brink of doing something pretty amazing this year but can he finish what he started-we'll have to wait and see. I pick The Colts to pull it out finally come on Peyton do it for the best bad team quarterback ever-YOUR DADDY!

Comment

I don't have a problem with the Pats. They are the epitome of a great team in which the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I don't have any special dislike for them or anyone on their team. I just think the Colts are in a position to win this game, and I think they will.

But what is going on with Vanderjagt? What the hell is wrong with this guy?!? Jeez-- what is he _thinking_? First he calls out The Franchise a couple years ago and now the reigning NFL Champs?!?

Now the coolest thing here is that if Peyton Manning had said this stuff, or maybe Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney-- anybody else on the team other than the punter -- it would actually be all right. I don't think any of those guys have it in them to be like that, but at least they have something to do with winning the game. You can win Super Bowls with very average kickers-- it's done with regularity-- but not very often do you have a championship team that doesn't have a superior quarterback or receivers or defensive players.

Mike Vanderjagt should show up Sunday with his mouth taped shut.

I give the Patriots credit, though. It's not like they're taking what he said seriously.

Oh, and as for the Eagles-- if they don't win this week Andy Reid should be fired. There's just no way they should lose to the Vikes.

Comment

Originally posted by truemeathead
            I HATE THE PATS. Does anyone remember the pump fake fiasco against my team the RAIDAS.

I'll never forget it !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreakable Lex
              I soooo hope the eagles win this week.

So they can loose for the forth str8 championship game!

Forget the Bills, atleast they won something.

Sucka's

(Redskin fan with notable grudge against philly fan, cannot stand them, it sux when you feel like a minority being a skins fan at a skins home game against philly)
              I admire your courage coming to Philly to see the game. We have a lot of nutjobs who know nothing but eagles football and love to rag on opposing fans. That's why were the city of brotherly love. I'm 19 and have not witnessed a pro championship with any of the 4 Philly teams. We're cursed. At least we continue to beat the Redskins and actually make the playoffs. The Redskins have a bright future with.......who's your QB?

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-L, The Original
                Now the coolest thing here is that if Peyton Manning had said this stuff, or maybe Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney-- anybody else on the team other than the punter -- it would actually be all right.
                a) He is a kicker, not a punter.

b) try telling that to the team that loses by three points because their average kicker missed a field goal. (and New England would NOT have won several games without their talented and quite above average kicker.)

c) It would not be all right for anyone to make those comments. It is stupid to guarantee a victory before the game. The football gods do not look kindly on such hubris.
                Last edited by M.D.; 01-12-2005, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.D.

c) It would not be all right for anyone to make those comments. It is stupid to guarantee a victory before the game. The football gods do not look kindly on such hubris. [/B]
                  Except if your Joe Nammoth.

Comment

Originally posted by Zungas
                    I admire your courage coming to Philly to see the game. We have a lot of nutjobs who know nothing but eagles football and love to rag on opposing fans. That's why were the city of brotherly love. I'm 19 and have not witnessed a pro championship with any of the 4 Philly teams. We're cursed. At least we continue to beat the Redskins and actually make the playoffs. The Redskins have a bright future with.......who's your QB?
                    ohhhhh you are on my **** list.

Ill name some quarterbacks,

Theisman
                    Williams
                    Rypien

Do you know what these three have in common?

A superbowl ring.

Who do you have with anywhere near that experience?

Jaws??

Comment

I'm talking about the future not the past. I have nothing but respect for the Redskins past success. I guess just stating reality get's a special spot on your **** list. Enjoy the games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by M.D.
                        a) He is a kicker, not a punter.

b) try telling that to the team that loses by three points because their average kicker missed a field goal. (and New England would NOT have won several games without their talented and quite above average kicker.)

c) It would not be all right for anyone to make those comments. It is stupid to guarantee a victory before the game. The football gods do not look kindly on such hubris.
                        a: I know he's the kicker, that's why I said any other player on the team OTHER than the punter. I was differentiating the kicker and punter from the rest of the team.

b: As for great kickers: I know they can be important, but the New Orleans Saints had one of the five or six best kickers in NFL history for years and never made it past the first round of the playoffs the one or two times they actually made it there at all. Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Francisco, and Green Bay have all won multiple Super Bowls with non-descript kickers.

c: I'm not arguing that anyone should guarantee victory, although it did work out pretty well for Broadway Joe, just saying that if anyone's going to it should be someone in a position to affect the game in a substantial way. I don't care how great your kicker is, if the offense can't drive the ball into his range he's irrelevant. Likewise, if the defense can't stop the other team, the kicker is irrelevant.

Theisman
                        Williams
                        Rypien

A superbowl ring.

Jaws??
                        Now, I _know_ you're not saying you'd rather have Mark Rypien playing for you than Donovan McNabb.

I think Gibbs will probably go with Patrick Ramsey at QB next season. I've always liked Brunell, but he just wasn't getting the job done. You never know, though, Gibbs has said that Brunell's not done. We'll just have to wait and see.
                        Last edited by Kal-L, The Original; 01-13-2005, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofsteel
                          I'll never forget it !!!!!
                          grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Theisman
                          Williams
                          Rypien

A superbowl ring.

Jaws??

that first line just made me laugh out loud and catch a what the hell are you doing look from my supervisor

Comment

Originally posted by Zungas
                            I'm talking about the future not the past. I have nothing but respect for the Redskins past success. I guess just stating reality get's a special spot on your **** list. Enjoy the games this weekend.
                            Yes, reality sux for me, as I have endured 12 years of hell from my beloved skins, not even our savior seems to be able to change that!!!

I'm joking with you by the way. No hard feelings!

Now, I _know_ you're not saying you'd rather have Mark Rypien playing for you than Donovan McNabb.
                            Who has the ring?

I think Gibbs will probably go with Patrick Ramsey at QB next season. I've always liked Brunell, but he just wasn't getting the job done. You never know, though, Gibbs has said that Brunell's not done. We'll just have to wait and see.
                            Im actually not sure Ramsey is going to stay, Gibbs has said that he is the starter but last week he went through the roster and there is rumbling in DC that both of them may be gone.
                            Last edited by Unbreakable Lex; 01-13-2005, 02:20 PM.

Comment

VIKINGS VIKINGS VIKINGS!!!!

Comment

It's all good. Randy is getting ready for the Eagles boot this Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎