Kryptonsite Christian Fellowship Circle

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you mean CCM songs or hymns, one of my current favorites is "Blessed Be Your Name" by (I think) Tree63. I first heard it at church, and just lovelovelove it and its lyrics, which can be read here.

Todd Agnew's "Grace Like Rain," which is a reinvention of "Amazing Grace," is totally inspiring too, and I am so fond of his whiskey-throated vocals. Lyrics found here. =)
    Last edited by Andie; 02-24-2006, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPenny
      If you mean CCM songs or hymns, one of my current favorites is "Blessed Be Your Name" by (I think) Tree63. I first heard it at church, and just lovelovelove it and its lyrics, which can be read here.
      Wow, that is one of my faves too. I think it was written by Matt and Beth Redman.

I love the traditional hymns and modern Christian music too like YFriday, Steve, Switchfoot and Delirious. I'm a big fan of Amy Grant too! They all have many songs which I like, it's hard to choose just one. But they all combine beautiful music with words I can really relate to.

Comment

Yeah, I meant CCM songs. Sorry.

I like "Blessed Be Your Name" too. Some others are "How Great Is Our God" by Chris Tomlin (should be) and "Humble King" (I don't know who this is by).

Oh, I've heard "Grace Like Rain" on the radio before, it's quite good.

Comment

Can I ask what CCM is?

Comment

Christian Contemporary Music. =)

Comment

I like Third Day alot, who got their new CD? "Tunnel" is an awesome song.

Comment

Oh! Thanks, ProudPenny!

Comment

I just found this thread. Cool.

I'm really into Matthew West right now. One from his History album is 'A Few More Days'. Just awesome.

Comment

Welcome to the "circle" Shadowknight, yeshuamyking7, Niere, Smallvillenews, and otter.

Comment

Thanks number8.

Comment

I like "Loved" by TBC and "Eagle Wings" by Vineyard. I love listening to Christian songs and I have to many that I really enjoy to list. But some of my favourite groups are TBC, Delerious, Switchfoot, Hillsong, Pam Thum, Martin Joseph and many many more.

*waves* Hi number8

Comment

I'm sure I was the last to discover this, but Switchfoot has a song (or more) in a Smallville episode, Blank, 'This is your life.' That's what introduced me and my sons to Switchfoot. I really like their 'Welcome to the Planet' and think it should be in a SV episode, too.

Comment

Awesome thread.

Originally posted by ProudPenny
                            Todd Agnew's "Grace Like Rain," which is a reinvention of "Amazing Grace," is totally inspiring too, and I am so fond of his whiskey-throated vocals. Lyrics found here. =)
                            That's such an awesome song! I asked my guitar teacher if I could learn it today too.

Has anyone heard the song 'Dancing Generation' by Matt Redman? That's one of my favorites.

I also love Matthew West like otter mentioned. One of my favorite songs from him is 'More'

Some of my other favorite bands/singers are: Barlow Girl, Bethany Dillon, Switchfoot, Delirious, Chris Tomlin, Big Daddy Weave, Casting Crowns, Chris Rice, and more that I can't think of right now.
                            Last edited by HappyfulMe; 02-24-2006, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Great idea for a thread.

Originally posted by Shadowknight
                              I like Third Day alot, who got their new CD? "Tunnel" is an awesome song.
                              Big fan of Third Day. Ya "Tunnel" is a great song, "Rise Up" is also really good. Great album, though Offerings II is still probably my favorite album of theirs.

Darrell Evans is another one of my favorite Christian artists. I saw him in concert a couple of months ago, it was an awesome show.

Comment

Third Day is my favorite group, (going to see them in concert monday night!!).
                                Though a song that has gotten my attention recently is the one by that american idol gal...."Jesus take the wheel" interesting song and good lyrics. I usually dislike what becomes of the whole american idol thing...but that girl has some great vocals!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎