No announcement yet.

End of the Road for us Clana fans..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myankskent
    Lana wanted the stone because of the tattoo that she had. She thought the stones were a link to the tattoo. If some mysterious tattoo showed up on you and you were possessed because of it, I think you might go after the stones too. And once again, she didn't know that blood getting on the elements would send a meteor shower. She didn't even kill Genevieve. Chloe and Lana's actions in Commencement were the same as far as I'm concerned. You can look at it this way if you want, Lana started the meteor shower and Chloe sent the course of events into motion leading to Jonathan's death. I think both are unfair to say, but if you blame Lana for the meteor shower, I'll blame Chloe for Clark losing his powers and his father dying.
    I don't know what else to say. I just can't compare Chloe unwantingly being dragged to the cave by Lex to Lana knowingly keeping & hiding the stone in Sacred knowing how badly everyone wanted it. If she trusted Clark with it in Commencement she had to trust him all along. That type of trust doesn't just happen. He proved over and over again that he's capable of protecting his friends. I know she wouldn't know that getting blood on the stone would cause a 2nd meteor shower, but she shouldn't trust herself with such a dangerous item as that stone. The only connection between the stone and the tattoo is that Isabel wanted it, and I would think the stone would only make Isabel possess her again.

Only one thing to say, if you want to talk about obssessive things, how about Chloe's wall of weird in high school, exposing all meteor freaks while wanting to get the truth. And how about all of the other times that Chloe never stopped until she got answers, prying into people's life when they didn't want her to. Come on, you can't make these points about Lana and not include Chloe. Of course, once Chloe found out Clark's secret, she changed her ways, tore down the wall, realized that she needed to stop investigating every little thing. Lana doesn't know the secret so that might make her more stupid or curious than Chloe at this point in time, but this is exactly how Chloe used to act. So once again, it all goes back to Clark coming clean to Lana.
    Yeah, Chloe was/maybe still is obsessed with that, but this is what made Clark aware of all these things and helped him help people. I don't think Lana could hide the fact she knows the secret from Lex at this point in time. She can be read too easily. I think she would have to learn by herself and sit quietly and notice the danger for her to learn how to keep it. Chloe has come very far since the pilot and has a lot of street smarts. IMO, Lana started out good, but has since regressed a bit.

Anyone close to clark is a threat, whether they know the secret or not. Lana would still face the same danger whether she knew the secret or not. Even if she doesn't know the secret, the people kidnapping her would treat her the same way as someone who did confess to Clark's secret. The end result is the end result, if the person wants to cover their tracks, they will kill anyone that they interrogate about Clark so that they can never be ratted out. So from Clark's standpoint, you either cut everyone out of your life so no one is a target, or you decide to trust the people you love with the secret and take it upon yourself to protect them.
    I have to agree with you here. Clark should start making a secret identity soon. He should start living a more normal life and wear something to hide his face (maybe a motorcycle helmet with a shaded visor).

I agree that it is Clark's fault, but come on, you really think that Lois is a developed character in this show? She is a waste to the show, she brings nothing to the table. Chloe and Lana are on the same level, they are both developed characters, but they could both be a lot more developed. Lois isn't even on the same playing field as Chloe and Lana when it comes to development, physical appearance aside that is.
    Well, yeah Lois isn't that much developed, but I like the way they're portraying her this season. I hated what they did with her in S4. I think Chloe has come a long way since the pilot. Much more than Lana. Her interactions with Lionel in S3 are mainly responsible. Learning Clark's secret also helped, but by S4 when this happened, she was already a much different & more mature person than in S3. She also was smart enough to know that Lex was responisble for what happened in Scare and didn't give him a pass like all the others (Clark included) did. She has to be the smartest one of Clark, Lionel, Lois, and herself.

Chloe learned from her mistakes because she knows Clark's secret. I don't understand how this is so hard to believe. When did Chloe's character change, after what event did she change? That's right, once she learned Clark's secret we finally got a chance to see her prove that she is a trustworthy friend to Clark. Well unfortunately, the same can't be said yet for Lana because she doesn't know the secret. She knew for literally hours in the first part of Reckoning and she didn't even know all of the details about Clark and how he even came to earth. I know what the problem is right now. People forget about what Chloe was like before she found out about Clark and now that she is involved in all of Clark's secrets, she can easily be compared to Lana's character now and the knowledge of Clark's secret is suddenly a non-issue.
    No, she changed before she learned Clark's secret. She was much different in Scare and pretty much all of season 4. It happened after the fiasco with Lionel. That is what taught her to be more careful. Before that, Chloe was in a way reckless, but still not as bad as Lana. It might have even been at the end of Truth (which was her lowest point) that she learned. Ever since then, she stopped pressing Clark to know his secret, and she didn't know it at that time. Lana, on the other hand, has never stopped pressing. My main gripe here is that Clark should have told her before getting as involved as he did with her.

In Reckoning when Lana knew the secret, she still went to Lex. After Clark told her, she should know that with the ship and all that Lex is involved with that it's not safe for her to be around him at least until maybe Clark or Chloe train her on how to deal with him. Her association with Lex is just dangerous. Chloe is not even associated with him. At least she stepped back away from him. Whether he follows her around again remains to be seen, but Lana is voluntarily associating herself with Lex, something Clark & Chloe have stopped doing themselves. Lana even saw in Shattered what hanging around Lex did to her and she blamed it on Clark rather than on Lex and his screwed up family. Clark should have told her about the drugging and all, but he didn't. Still, if I were in her place and was attacked by a horse after being thrown into the stall, I would stay away from him.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 02-27-2006, 11:39 PM.

Comment

If i recall, chloe always thought that clark was a meteor freak untill he cleared it up with her in arrival.

As for Lana, I know that if someone told me a secret as big as this, I wouldn't be able to just throw my friendship with someone away, I'd just learn how to protect it.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I don't know what else to say. I just can't compare Chloe unwantingly being dragged to the cave by Lex to Lana knowingly keeping & hiding the stone in Sacred knowing how badly everyone wanted it. If she trusted Clark with it in Commencement she had to trust him all along. That type of trust doesn't just happen. He proved over and over again that he's capable of protecting his friends. I know she wouldn't know that getting blood on the stone would cause a 2nd meteor shower, but she shouldn't trust herself with such a dangerous item as that stone. The only connection between the stone and the tattoo is that Isabel wanted it, and I would think the stone would only make Isabel possess her again.
        What did you expect Lana to do with the stone? Give it to Lex? She kept it for herself so it wouldn't end up in the wrong hands. That whole possession storyline was so stupid anyway so I can't judge any of the characters involved as a result of it. Lana didn't even know what she did when she was possessed, she never remembered what happened after Isobel left her.

Yeah, Chloe was/maybe still is obsessed with that, but this is what made Clark aware of all these things and helped him help people. I don't think Lana could hide the fact she knows the secret from Lex at this point in time. She can be read too easily. I think she would have to learn by herself and sit quietly and notice the danger for her to learn how to keep it. Chloe has come very far since the pilot and has a lot of street smarts. IMO, Lana started out good, but has since regressed a bit.
        Well we will never learn how Lana will deal with it unless it actually happens. Chloe had a major advantage because she found out by herself and was basically forced to keep it to herself for fear of confronting Clark about it. I'm not going to say that Lana would definitely handle it in a worse way, Lex should be more suspicious of what Chloe knows now than what Lana knows. I blame the writers on this because they conveniently dismiss the things that could break new ground on this show. Instead, they bludgeon the Clark/Lana relationship some more by making you think that they are breaking new ground and then taking it all away in the second half of Reckoning.

Well, yeah Lois isn't that much developed, but I like the way they're portraying her this season. I hated what they did with her in S4. I think Chloe has come a long way since the pilot. Much more than Lana. Her interactions with Lionel in S3 are mainly responsible. Learning Clark's secret also helped, but by S4 when this happened, she was already a much different & more mature person than in S3. She also was smart enough to know that Lex was responisble for what happened in Scare and didn't give him a pass like all the others (Clark included) did. She has to be the smartest one of Clark, Lionel, Lois, and herself.
        Lois is the same this year compared to last year. Being Jonathan's campaign manager is the only thing that she has done this season, and that only lasted for a few episodes. Chloe's interactions with Lionel came to a head at the end of the third season. She wasn't even in the show for the first episode of season 4. I found her to be the same character until she learned Clark's secret. She stepped up to Lionel, yes, but she also had no choice. She knew that she was toast if she didn't. But after she found out Clark's secret, that is when she really started to realize how bad her actions have been over the year with Clark. They have always made Chloe a smart character because she was the reporter, if anything, she knew too much early in the show. I find it hard to believe that a 15 year old can tap into secure networks to dig up information. But that's all part of the show. I don't view her character as any better than the others. I think Clark, Jonathan, Lionel and Lex are on the same level in terms of how strong their characters are. I think Chloe, Lana and Martha are on another level(taking the whole series into consideration, not just this season), and then you have Pete and Lois. I'd probably give Pete an edge on Lois but he did exit the show early.

No, she changed before she learned Clark's secret. She was much different in Scare and pretty much all of season 4. It happened after the fiasco with Lionel. That is what taught her to be more careful. Before that, Chloe was in a way reckless, but still not as bad as Lana. It might have even been at the end of Truth (which was her lowest point) that she learned. Ever since then, she stopped pressing Clark to know his secret, and she didn't know it at that time. Lana, on the other hand, has never stopped pressing. My main gripe here is that Clark should have told her before getting as involved as he did with her.

In Reckoning when Lana knew the secret, she still went to Lex. After Clark told her, she should know that with the ship and all that Lex is involved with that it's not safe for her to be around him at least until maybe Clark or Chloe train her on how to deal with him. Her association with Lex is just dangerous. Chloe is not even associated with him. At least she stepped back away from him. Whether he follows her around again remains to be seen, but Lana is voluntarily associating herself with Lex, something Clark & Chloe have stopped doing themselves. Lana even saw in Shattered what hanging around Lex did to her and she blamed it on Clark rather than on Lex and his screwed up family. Clark should have told her about the drugging and all, but he didn't. Still, if I were in her place and was attacked by a horse after being thrown into the stall, I would stay away from him.
        Lana never pressed Clark as much as Chloe. Chloe pressed too much causing Clark to snap at her continuously. She finally took the hint later on. Lana kept saying things like you have to be honest with the other person for a relationship to work. Lana never tried to dig around looking for the answers herself, she wanted Clark to tell her. I still think that Lionel didn't cause a change in Chloe, it was the secret. Chloe still pressed pete at the end of season 3 which aggravated him and I think he told her that he at that point understood why Clark got so upset at her for for prying into his life. Chloe pressed people constantly, more than anyone on this show, and she finally changed her ways when realizing Clark's secret. Lana's relationship with Lex is not dangerous. What is Lex going to do to her? What criminal activity is Lana directly responsible for? The danger is an unknown one to Lana, and that is that Lex could find out about Clark's secret. Reckoning was so rushed and inconsistent that I don't think we can blame any of the characters for what went on. I mean, what did Clark really tell Lana, because onscreen, he didn't tell her much. I don't believe Lex was even brought up in Clark's confession to her. I can't assume Lana was warned by Clark about Lex offscreen and she flat out disobeyed him. Also, Chloe stepped away from Lex because she learned Clark's secret. Did she step away from him at the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4? She went to Lex for help, am I correct? Several episodes later, she found out the secret and then stayed away from Lex. As for the horse incident, it was explained to Lana that Lex had a psychotic break. It was Clark who brought him to her anyway. I can't see that one event causing Lana to stay away from Lex. He was better after that, and in Memoria, didn't Lana find Lex standing on the ledge outside of the mansion and then promptly told Clark about it afterward because she thought Lex was having another psychotic break?

Comment

The only reason chloe pressed was because she already knew once Alicia had shown her. Of course she wanted to know before hand, and as you saw in the truth episode, chloe was on her way to the kents to find out the whole truth, but she passed out. Soon enough alicia teleported her so she saw and after that she still pressed but i wouldn't say as much as lana. lana is constantly telling clark that he should trust her.

Comment

Originally posted by TackleDummy8
            The only reason chloe pressed was because she already knew once Alicia had shown her. Of course she wanted to know before hand, and as you saw in the truth episode, chloe was on her way to the kents to find out the whole truth, but she passed out. Soon enough alicia teleported her so she saw and after that she still pressed but i wouldn't say as much as lana. lana is constantly telling clark that he should trust her.
            No, I was saying that Chloe pressed more than anyone before she found out about Clark. I don't think she pressed as much after that because she knew everything. At the current time, however, yes, Lana is pressing Clark but that's what you do when you want to spend the rest of your life with someone. Eventually, Lana will give up and walk away.

Comment

yeah i guess i understand where you're coming from with that, in a way i do understand. I'm just surprised lana hasn't picked it up already. In so many different episodes people state that clark can do amazing things right in front of her and she doesn't even realize it. Like in perry when hes about to jump off he says "you're super strong, shock proof, and fast" and lana is right there and when clark tells her he was dellusional she blows it off.

Comment

yeah i guess i understand where you're coming from with that, in a way i do understand. I'm just surprised lana hasn't picked it up already. In so many different episodes people state that clark can do amazing things right in front of her and she doesn't even realize it. Like in perry when hes about to jump off he says "you're super strong, shock proof, and fast" and lana is right there and when clark tells her he was dellusional she blows it off.
                Well I think you have to chalk it all up to bad writing in terms of why Lana doesn't know by now. The writers are not intentionally making her stupid, they are trying to continually have her be blinded by the truth and after 5 years of this show, it's just not working as well as it once did. In terms of why Lana hasn't left clark yet, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Clark is so hot and cold with her. He decides to get together with her at the end of season 2, then goes on red kryptonite and leaves her the following season. Then he promises her that it will be different at the end of season 4 and tells her that there will be no more secrets and no more lies in the 5th season premier. From this, Lana sees a change in Clark like he is not keeping everything locked up inside. Of course we know that he doesn't have his powers anymore but Lana just sees him as being more open. So now Lana is in the zone, if you will, with Clark. Clark gets his powers back but adjusts to the lies again with Lana. It starts getting too much for Clark so he pulls away from her during the second half of Reckoning. Now, Lana can't exactly walk away from Clark so easily at this point, she had sex with him and felt closer to him than ever earlier this season, so now she is confused over why he is acting this way, probably depressed as well causing her to go to Lex for advice, something that she has done all througout the show, but it bothers the viewers now because we all know that Lex is up to no good. This causes people to hate Lana. So there you have it, this is me rationalizing the Clana relationship from the beginning.

Comment

What did you expect Lana to do with the stone? Give it to Lex? She kept it for herself so it wouldn't end up in the wrong hands. That whole possession storyline was so stupid anyway so I can't judge any of the characters involved as a result of it. Lana didn't even know what she did when she was possessed, she never remembered what happened after Isobel left her.
                  I expected her to give it to Clark. He has always protected her and she supsected he was involved in it. She even admitted it in Commencement. If I were possessed by someone who wanted to rule the world by getting all the stones, I would give it to my most trusted friend, which to her is Clark. It's possible Isobel could have taken over her body completely if she got all 3 stones. But it was a stupid storyline like you said, so I won't say anything else other than they could have done a good job with it. It was forced down our throats in Crusade and they never took the time to develop it like they should have.

Well we will never learn how Lana will deal with it unless it actually happens. Chloe had a major advantage because she found out by herself and was basically forced to keep it to herself for fear of confronting Clark about it. I'm not going to say that Lana would definitely handle it in a worse way, Lex should be more suspicious of what Chloe knows now than what Lana knows. I blame the writers on this because they conveniently dismiss the things that could break new ground on this show. Instead, they bludgeon the Clark/Lana relationship some more by making you think that they are breaking new ground and then taking it all away in the second half of Reckoning.
                  I agree 100%.

Lois is the same this year compared to last year. Being Jonathan's campaign manager is the only thing that she has done this season, and that only lasted for a few episodes. Chloe's interactions with Lionel came to a head at the end of the third season. She wasn't even in the show for the first episode of season 4. I found her to be the same character until she learned Clark's secret. She stepped up to Lionel, yes, but she also had no choice. She knew that she was toast if she didn't. But after she found out Clark's secret, that is when she really started to realize how bad her actions have been over the year with Clark. They have always made Chloe a smart character because she was the reporter, if anything, she knew too much early in the show. I find it hard to believe that a 15 year old can tap into secure networks to dig up information. But that's all part of the show. I don't view her character as any better than the others. I think Clark, Jonathan, Lionel and Lex are on the same level in terms of how strong their characters are. I think Chloe, Lana and Martha are on another level(taking the whole series into consideration, not just this season), and then you have Pete and Lois. I'd probably give Pete an edge on Lois but he did exit the show early.
                  Well, I meant that she's less annoying. She was ridiculously annoying in S4. I still disagree about Chloe. Her pressing ended with what happened in Truth, but she was still jealous of Clark's relationship w/ Lana until S5. But it was much less than before. And if you remember her reaction at the end of Scare, she showed her 1st sign of backing away from Lex. She was very angry that he was not held accountable. Learning the secret definitely accelerated the change in her, but I think it would have been inevitable. I really liked how she was so protective of him in Blank. Lana hasn't been given a chance yet to be like this, so I won't judge her.

Lana never pressed Clark as much as Chloe. Chloe pressed too much causing Clark to snap at her continuously. She finally took the hint later on. Lana kept saying things like you have to be honest with the other person for a relationship to work. Lana never tried to dig around looking for the answers herself, she wanted Clark to tell her. I still think that Lionel didn't cause a change in Chloe, it was the secret. Chloe still pressed pete at the end of season 3 which aggravated him and I think he told her that he at that point understood why Clark got so upset at her for for prying into his life. Chloe pressed people constantly, more than anyone on this show, and she finally changed her ways when realizing Clark's secret. Lana's relationship with Lex is not dangerous. What is Lex going to do to her? What criminal activity is Lana directly responsible for? The danger is an unknown one to Lana, and that is that Lex could find out about Clark's secret. Reckoning was so rushed and inconsistent that I don't think we can blame any of the characters for what went on. I mean, what did Clark really tell Lana, because onscreen, he didn't tell her much. I don't believe Lex was even brought up in Clark's confession to her. I can't assume Lana was warned by Clark about Lex offscreen and she flat out disobeyed him. Also, Chloe stepped away from Lex because she learned Clark's secret. Did she step away from him at the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4? She went to Lex for help, am I correct? Several episodes later, she found out the secret and then stayed away from Lex. As for the horse incident, it was explained to Lana that Lex had a psychotic break. It was Clark who brought him to her anyway. I can't see that one event causing Lana to stay away from Lex. He was better after that, and in Memoria, didn't Lana find Lex standing on the ledge outside of the mansion and then promptly told Clark about it afterward because she thought Lex was having another psychotic break?
                  I think Clark's main reason for snapping at Chloe and not Lana was because he was in love with Lana all that time. Plus he found out that she had talked to Lionel in Whisper. I'm sure had he found out Lana dug into his medical files and brought them to Lex, he would have more than snapped. It may have been good intentions on her part, but he is clearly against people sneaking around his back into his personal/confidential stuff as when Chloe did it. Also, as I said above, Chloe stepped away from Lex in Scare (before she found out the secret, though not long before). What she said in Onyx about Lex's experiments always going bad tells us that she has thought about him this way since Scare (at least since then). As for the psychotic breaks, I'd have to say that the writing was bad. They should have made Clark tell her about what Lionel did to Lex in Shattered & Asylum, what he did to Clark in Memoria, what Lex did in Mortal, and how he knew of Adam's whereabouts (at least before he escaped) and didn't tell Lana. And don't forget what he was involved in Bound with the way he treated those women, which was made public.

They're doing it on purpose so they can have a Lexana arc. Other than that, I don't see any other reason for the writers to keep Lana in the dark.
                  Last edited by xrayvision; 02-28-2006, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Well I think you have to chalk it all up to bad writing in terms of why Lana doesn't know by now. The writers are not intentionally making her stupid, they are trying to continually have her be blinded by the truth and after 5 years of this show, it's just not working as well as it once did. In terms of why Lana hasn't left clark yet, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Clark is so hot and cold with her. He decides to get together with her at the end of season 2, then goes on red kryptonite and leaves her the following season. Then he promises her that it will be different at the end of season 4 and tells her that there will be no more secrets and no more lies in the 5th season premier. From this, Lana sees a change in Clark like he is not keeping everything locked up inside. Of course we know that he doesn't have his powers anymore but Lana just sees him as being more open. So now Lana is in the zone, if you will, with Clark. Clark gets his powers back but adjusts to the lies again with Lana. It starts getting too much for Clark so he pulls away from her during the second half of Reckoning. Now, Lana can't exactly walk away from Clark so easily at this point, she had sex with him and felt closer to him than ever earlier this season, so now she is confused over why he is acting this way, probably depressed as well causing her to go to Lex for advice, something that she has done all througout the show, but it bothers the viewers now because we all know that Lex is up to no good. This causes people to hate Lana. So there you have it, this is me rationalizing the Clana relationship from the beginning.

I agree with you 100%, but wouldn't you think that if clark loves her so much it'd be worth the risk to tell her? I said somewhere else, no matter if he told her again or not in reckoning, she would have been in the same situation. If he played it out the same way again, he could have probaly stopped the bus again.

Comment

I agree with you 100%, but wouldn't you think that if clark loves her so much it'd be worth the risk to tell her? I said somewhere else, no matter if he told her again or not in reckoning, she would have been in the same situation. If he played it out the same way again, he could have probaly stopped the bus again.
                      Again, as unsatisfying as this answer I will give you is, it's the truth. Bad writing is the only explanation I have for you. Logic tells you that Clark should tell Lana, but the writers are too scared to do that at this point. They haven't had enough time to plan it out, 5 years isn't enough for them. They'd like another 3 years before they do it because they are whimps.

Comment

Clark's hormones would have helped him tell her years ago.

Comment

Again, as unsatisfying as this answer I will give you is, it's the truth. Bad writing is the only explanation I have for you. Logic tells you that Clark should tell Lana, but the writers are too scared to do that at this point. They haven't had enough time to plan it out, 5 years isn't enough for them. They'd like another 3 years before they do it because they are whimps.

lets go beat them up.

and at the same time we can meet the cast

Comment

Yup. I wanted to see Clark & Lana as good friends by now. I wonder if we will even see this by the end of the series. I actually wanted to see a whole bunch of episodes of this, like a season's worth. But they'll probably have to kill off Chloe for that, which is something I don't want to happen. I don't think they will have him having 2 close friends (especially female friends) at the same time. And by close, I mean knowing-the-secret-close. I can see them having maybe Pete & Chloe or Pete & Lana, but just not 2 girls or 2 male friends for that matter (which he has none of now).

I wish instead of having his father pay the price for his resurrection, they would have done something where nobody would recognize Clark when he returned and it would be up to him to tell the friends he chooses. It would be a cheap cop-out in 1 way, but I think it would allow him to start playing the Superman card, which is something we should see the beginnings of soon. If I were TPTB and would have done this, I would have a nice cliffhanger ending in 1 episode where Lionel would still call him Kal-El and it would be a mystery of how he still recognizes him and how he knows the name Kal-El.
                            Last edited by xrayvision; 03-01-2006, 08:46 PM.

Comment

That'd be really tough to pull off, and I don't know if I'd really like the idea of giving him a whole new personality. All he want to do is fit in, whats the point of becoming a new person after he's finally become popular?

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if they'll ever have him start acting like a clumsy nerd in front of Lana & the world but act like himself in front of Chloe. At least that would get rid of those annoying shirtless scenes he has.

Here is some dialogue they could have:

Lex: And I thought you were extraordinary....superhuman. You're just a nerd, Clark!!!

Clark: No Lex, don't take away my graphing calculator. No, not my laptop!!

Lex: Clark, let me take you down to Metropolis & introduce you to a real laptop.

Clark: Garsh...no Lex, um, no I'm OK.

Lex: Yeah, well let me strap you down to my table and we'll find out, won't we, muahahaha!!!!

Clark: Help me Lionel, someone!!

Lex: How could I have lost Lana to you!! How!!!! The world will pay. I am the villian of the story!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎