Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Road for us Clana fans..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont care what some people say. For me, as a comics fan as well as a SV fan, Lana will never be the love of Clarks life, not on SV or any other series/movie. No matter how much AlMiles want to make it seem that way, they cant.

Comment

A smart way of breaking them up (which should have been done last season if you ask me) was to have Clark comparing his relationship with Chloe to that with Lana. He should have noticed how Chloe is supportive of his heroism while Lana is holding him back from being the type of hero he's supposed to be.

One problem that stood in the way of this happening was how they made Clark a reluctant hero. If he wasn't one, then they could have used the above plan to break up Clana. I thought the best time to have ended the reluctant hero part was after Lex was brainwashed by Lionel. Any person with powers like his would vow to protect those in situations where their lives are in danger after that incident. Actually, this was his reaction ("Lionel will not get away with it" or whatever he said). Lack of continuity killed that though.

It would have been nice to have done it like that where he ends up with Chloe. From there whether they wanted to have Chloe change her name to Lois Lane to protect herself or do something else, it would have been cool. But instead they treated this Clana thing like beating a horse's corpse that has been nuked & vaporized. Enough already.

Comment

Well like i said earlier, Clark has so many years from the end of SV to the beginning of the movies. Its not that hard to end a series with clark with her and then break them up in between.

Comment

I don't think that's a good idea. I rather perfer that he just told her his secert and realize because of the lies things wouldn't be the same. But toward the end of the series they remain good friends as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            A smart way of breaking them up (which should have been done last season if you ask me) was to have Clark comparing his relationship with Chloe to that with Lana. He should have noticed how Chloe is supportive of his heroism while Lana is holding him back from being the type of hero he's supposed to be.

One problem that stood in the way of this happening was how they made Clark a reluctant hero. If he wasn't one, then they could have used the above plan to break up Clana. I thought the best time to have ended the reluctant hero part was after Lex was brainwashed by Lionel. Any person with powers like his would vow to protect those in situations where their lives are in danger after that incident. Actually, this was his reaction ("Lionel will not get away with it" or whatever he said). Lack of continuity killed that though.

It would have been nice to have done it like that where he ends up with Chloe. From there whether they wanted to have Chloe change her name to Lois Lane to protect herself or do something else, it would have been cool. But instead they treated this Clana thing like beating a horse's corpse that has been nuked & vaporized. Enough already.
            Let me ask you something, how in the world is Lana supposed to be supportive of his heroism if she doesn't know the secret? Maybe she should just magically push Clark forward in life even though she doesn't know the truth. I can see it now...
            Lana: Clark, I don't know what you are hiding from me but I have this strange feeling that you should become a hero and put on a red and blue suit with a cape.

Because that would be believable.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              Let me ask you something, how in the world is Lana supposed to be supportive of his heroism if she doesn't know the secret? Maybe she should just magically push Clark forward in life even though she doesn't know the truth. I can see it now...
              Lana: Clark, I don't know what you are hiding from me but I have this strange feeling that you should become a hero and put on a red and blue suit with a cape.

Because that would be believable.
              The reason why she is unsupportive is because of her actions. She is too much of a liability. So much, that he lost his powers because of her getting injured by the Kryptonians, which led to his death and resurrection, which according to Jor-El caused an imbalance that ultimately led to the death of Jonthan Kent. This all started because she was obsessed with those stones and decided to hide the one she used to later kill Genevieve with. Because of that, she was in that helicopter that crashed where the Kryptonian ship landed.

Now, I know she has no way of knowing that would happen, but just look at how many times she has been in danger. She is too much of a liability to be around. Someone with that big of a secret (Clark) would have to be crazy to hang around her. He has to save her butt so much that he can't go out and help other people who need it.

In both of those timelines presented in Reckoning, she was going to die because of her association with Lex. She should be smart enough after how much danger she has been in to not put herself in such situations. She has failed every time and continues hanging out with Lex after all that happened.

Now after considering all this, her actions are in no way supportive of him becoming Superman. Lex will always be on his tail, he will always have to keep an eye on her, and will never be assured that he can go around saving the world.

Even if she knew his secret, it wouldn't matter. Lex already likes her and will not let her go now. Plus, she would either still hang out with Lex, and if not would find some other way to endanger herself or him (Thirst for example--she got in all that trouble by lying herself and it had nothing to do with the secret). She saw the true Lex in Onyx as Clark did. Only thing is Clark was smart enough to stay away from him after that. Lex was so obsessive with kryptonite and all that alien stuff that he would up releasing his evil side which I believe took greater control of him when the 2 sides merged again. Lana has this same obsession. Maybe, just maybe if she would have just let things be, he would have told her.
              Last edited by xrayvision; 02-27-2006, 05:18 PM.

Comment

This is an outrageous post but I'll take your points one at a time.

The reason why she is unsupportive is because of her actions. She is too much of a liability. So much, that he lost his powers because of her getting injured by the Kryptonians, which led to his death and resurrection, which according to Jor-El caused an imbalance that ultimately led to the death of Jonthan Kent. This all started because she was obsessed with those stones and decided to hide the one she used to later kill Genevieve with. Because of that, she was in that helicopter that crashed where the Kryptonian ship landed.

Now, I know she has no way of knowing that would happen, but just look at how many times she has been in danger. She is too much of a liability to be around. Someone with that big of a secret (Clark) would have to be crazy to hang around her. He has to save her butt so much that he can't go out and help other people who need it.
                This is wrong. Lana didn't cause Clark to lose his powers, Clark caused Clark to lose his powers. He knew he had to be back by sunset and instead, he chose to stay to bring Lana to the hospital. He also didn't even care about losing his powers which shows no maturity on Clark's part. And what ultimately caused him to be in this situation is Chloe being at the fortress. If Chloe didn't go into the back room of the cave then she would never have been in the fortress and Clark would never have had to abandon his training and thus, the death of his father wouldn't be an issue. Now of course Chloe wouldn't have known that she would be sent to the arctic but Lana wouldn't have known that her being attacked would cause Clark to lose his powers. So according to your above post, characters should be blamed even if they have no knowledge of what would happen if they take certain actions. Also, Lana nearly stopped the disciples with the kryptonite in the safe, so in a way, she nearly stopped them with the help of Lionel. If their powers were like Clark's, they wouldv'e collapsed to the ground rather than being strong enough to cover up the safe.

In both of those timelines presented in Reckoning, she was going to die because of her association with Lex. She should be smart enough after how much danger she has been in to not put herself in such situations. She has failed every time and continues hanging out with Lex after all that happened.
                This is your best point right here, but considering that Clark is not being totally honest to her about his destiny and the threat that Lex presents to him, I can't fault Lana in taking this action. Plus, they were working on the spaceship with each other and Lex has been more honest to her than Clark has this season. This all goes back to the fact that Clark needs to step up and tell Lana the "whole" secret already, not just that he is an alien, but that he has this great destiny ahead of him and that Lex is getting very close to learning his secret. Why would Lana think that Lex is a threat to Clark, she doesn't know the truth about him.

Even if she knew his secret, it wouldn't matter. Lex already likes her and will not let her go now. Plus, she would either still hang out with Lex, and if not would find some other way to endanger herself or him (Thirst for example--she got in all that trouble by lying herself and it had nothing to do with the secret). She saw the true Lex in Onyx as Clark did. Only thing is Clark was smart enough to stay away from him after that. Lex was so obsessive with kryptonite and all that alien stuff that he would up releasing his evil side which I believe took greater control of him when the 2 sides merged again. Lana has this same obsession. Maybe, just maybe if she would have just let things be, he would have told her.
                It certainly would matter if she knew the secret. She would stay away from Lex and realize that he is a threat to Clark's secret. That's what people don't seem to get, Lana doesn't know that Lex is a danger to Clark. You refer to Onyx above, well same thing. What Lex did to Lana is no different than what Clark did to Lana in Transference as Lionel, and no different than what Clark did to Lana in Red. However, what Lex did to Clark is a different story. Clark is smart to stay away from Lex because he realizes what would happen if Lex found out about him. He would shoot his father, wear a kryptonite ring around his finger, and force Clark to take over the world with him. I think Clark's confrontation with Lex in that episode was just a little bit worse than Lana's, don't you think?

Comment

The reason why she is unsupportive is because of her actions. She is too much of a liability.
                  Chloe would be a liablility as well, though. We've seen her put in harm's way when she was digging up dirt on Lionel and Summerholt in season 3. She could have easily been put on Adam's radar that season as well if she'd been caught snooping in his apartment. She ended up on the brink of death in the Fortress of Solitude because she tried to get Lana from Lex's mansion before leaving Smallville and she almost got killed by Gabriel in Hidden because she was trying to save the town.

Being an investigative reporter is going to put Chloe in harm's way on a regular basis. Clark would still have to worry about her on a regular basis.

EDIT: I forgot that Chloe actually did get hurt by Adam in Crisis. He still could have posed more of a threat to her, though, had she been caught snooping.
                  Last edited by Kryptonian Snake; 02-27-2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian Snake
                    Chloe would be a liablility as well, though. We've seen her put in harm's way when she was digging up dirt on Lionel and Summerholt in season 3. She could have easily been put on Adam's radar that season as well if she'd been caught snooping in his apartment. She ended up on the brink of death in the Fortress of Solitude because she tried to get Lana from Lex's mansion before leaving Smallville and she almost got killed by Gabriel in Hidden because she was trying to save the town.

Being an investigative reporter is going to put Chloe in harm's way on a regular basis. Clark would still have to worry about her on a regular basis.
                    Plus, let's face it, Chloe is getting tremendously lucky this season for a person who knows Clark's secret. She hasn't been put in danger at all this season, I don't count Tomb and hidden because those episodes had nothing to do with keeping Clark's secret. She has miraculously escaped Lex even though he knows she's hiding something, she escaped Brainiac at the fortress...Brainiac's vision must be really bad for him not to see her right there and use her as a hostage to get Clark to do what he wants. Point is, everyone is put in danger on this show so you can't use that as an example to show that a particular character causes all of the problems with the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                      All during this series, I've only had one question where Clana is concerned. Lois Lane is Clark Kent's soul mate and the love of his life. Not by default. Not because Clark couldn't get the woman he really wanted. So my question was, and still is, why isn't Lana Lang the love of Clark's life? I'd like them to answer that question. And they can't answer it if they keep the two of them apart.

They've done such a good job exploring the relationship between Lex and Clark. And it's never boring. Why can't they step up to the plate for Lana and Clark?
                      I see what you are saying. At some point Clark will tell Lana and they will have decisions to make. But I am thinking that there relationship is like most high school relationships, as important as they seem at the time, usually they end up a fond memory later in life. Not all high school relationships are that way, but I would say the majority end up that way.

Comment

I can understand where you're coming from with that. But the look and sincerity in her eyes is pure proof that she really wants him to trust her. The biggest reason that he won't tell her is because he always thought pete was ok with it, but pete finally fessed up and said its the hardest thing in the world and he'd never be able to live with himself if he slipped. Hence the fact he moved.

Comment

This is wrong. Lana didn't cause Clark to lose his powers, Clark caused Clark to lose his powers. He knew he had to be back by sunset and instead, he chose to stay to bring Lana to the hospital. He also didn't even care about losing his powers which shows no maturity on Clark's part. And what ultimately caused him to be in this situation is Chloe being at the fortress. If Chloe didn't go into the back room of the cave then she would never have been in the fortress and Clark would never have had to abandon his training and thus, the death of his father wouldn't be an issue. Now of course Chloe wouldn't have known that she would be sent to the arctic but Lana wouldn't have known that her being attacked would cause Clark to lose his powers. So according to your above post, characters should be blamed even if they have no knowledge of what would happen if they take certain actions. Also, Lana nearly stopped the disciples with the kryptonite in the safe, so in a way, she nearly stopped them with the help of Lionel. If their powers were like Clark's, they wouldv'e collapsed to the ground rather than being strong enough to cover up the safe.
                          I can understand what you're saying about not blaming characters. But Lana is just looking for it too much. She was the one who took the stone & used it to kill Genevieve. Yes she was possessed, but what the hell did she think would happen if she would hide that stone from everyone? She saw what people were willing to do for it in Sacred, and she still wanted to be part of the deadly game. If you climb in the gorilla's cage, you better be prepared for dealing with the gorillas. She wasn't and the entire town of Smallville had to pay. And had Chloe not been at the Luthor mansion, who knows what would have happened as Clark would have remained where he was for Lex/the Kryptonians to find. She was dragged by Lex to the caves, so she didn't even go there on purpose. She wouldn't have even been at the mansion had she not been concerned about Lana. Plus she stopped Lex and protected Clark's secret. I give her many points for that. But, I still blame Clark for being naive and too concerned for Lana to not return to the FOS in time. I don't think he knew that his powers would be gone, but he should have expected something. The main thing though is that a LOT happened that day, and it could have slipped his mind after what happened to his parents, Lana, and everything else.

This is your best point right here, but considering that Clark is not being totally honest to her about his destiny and the threat that Lex presents to him, I can't fault Lana in taking this action. Plus, they were working on the spaceship with each other and Lex has been more honest to her than Clark has this season. This all goes back to the fact that Clark needs to step up and tell Lana the "whole" secret already, not just that he is an alien, but that he has this great destiny ahead of him and that Lex is getting very close to learning his secret. Why would Lana think that Lex is a threat to Clark, she doesn't know the truth about him.
                          Well, to this, all I can say is that birds of a feather flock together. Both Lana & Lex are very obsessive. Lex with the Porsche accident on the bridge (plus many more incidents), and Lana with the tornado (plus many more incidents). They both have the need to investigate and can't learn to accept good things as miracles and just live on with their lives. Lex should be like that since it helps him get where he will end up, but Lana shouldn't be. If she saw the damage the ship did, then by all means she should stay away from it. Clark should tell her just to show her all the damage she caused with that 2nd meteor shower.

It certainly would matter if she knew the secret. She would stay away from Lex and realize that he is a threat to Clark's secret. That's what people don't seem to get, Lana doesn't know that Lex is a danger to Clark. You refer to Onyx above, well same thing. What Lex did to Lana is no different than what Clark did to Lana in Transference as Lionel, and no different than what Clark did to Lana in Red. However, what Lex did to Clark is a different story. Clark is smart to stay away from Lex because he realizes what would happen if Lex found out about him. He would shoot his father, wear a kryptonite ring around his finger, and force Clark to take over the world with him. I think Clark's confrontation with Lex in that episode was just a little bit worse than Lana's, don't you think?
                          Yeah, it was definitely worse. The problem here is that when Clark started realizing what Lex was all about, Lex was already too close to her. She has been close to him the entire time, and I think this has made him uncomfortable. Deep in the back of his mind he probably knows that Lana is too involved w/ Lex to tell her. If he tells her now and she pulls away from Lex, Lex will just come after her or maybe even try to harm her. Even when Lex was "good" the wars between him & Lionel put innocents like Pete in danger, and I don't think Clark wants this to happen to Lana. This does makes a lot of sense. If someone's best friend left due to the pressure of keeping the secret, I doubt he would want anyone else to know that secret. Chloe learned thanks to Alicia, so she doesn't count.

I blame Clark though, because he knew all of this and still tried to have her as his girlfriend. After S3, Clana should have been done. S4 should have had them split apart and eventually become good friends. The problem is that they want to put her in the heat of things, and her character isn't as developed as Chloe or Lois for this to work out good.
                          Last edited by xrayvision; 02-27-2006, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I can understand what you're saying about not blaming characters. But Lana is just looking for it too much. She was the one who took the stone & used it to kill Genevieve. Yes she was possessed, but what the hell did she think would happen if she would hide that stone from everyone? She saw what people were willing to do for it in Sacred, and she still wanted to be part of the deadly game. If you climb in the gorilla's cage, you better be prepared for dealing with the gorillas. She wasn't and the entire town of Smallville had to pay. And had Chloe not been at the Luthor mansion, who knows what would have happened as Clark would have remained where he was for Lex/the Kryptonians to find. She was dragged by Lex to the caves, so she didn't even go there on purpose. She wouldn't have even been at the mansion had she not been concerned about Lana. Plus she stopped Lex and protected Clark's secret. I give her many points for that. But, I still blame Clark for being naive and too concerned for Lana to not return to the FOS in time. I don't think he knew that his powers would be gone, but he should have expected something. The main thing though is that a LOT happened that day, and it could have slipped his mind after what happened to his parents, Lana, and everything else.

Lana wanted the stone because of the tattoo that she had. She thought the stones were a link to the tattoo. If some mysterious tattoo showed up on you and you were possessed because of it, I think you might go after the stones too. And once again, she didn't know that blood getting on the elements would send a meteor shower. She didn't even kill Genevieve. Chloe and Lana's actions in Commencement were the same as far as I'm concerned. You can look at it this way if you want, Lana started the meteor shower and Chloe sent the course of events into motion leading to Jonathan's death. I think both are unfair to say, but if you blame Lana for the meteor shower, I'll blame Chloe for Clark losing his powers and his father dying.

Well, to this, all I can say is that birds of a feather flock together. Both Lana & Lex are very obsessive. Lex with the Porsche accident on the bridge (plus many more incidents), and Lana with the tornado (plus many more incidents). They both have the need to investigate and can't learn to accept good things as miracles and just live on with their lives. Lex should be like that since it helps him get where he will end up, but Lana shouldn't be. If she saw the damage the ship did, then by all means she should stay away from it. Clark should tell her just to show her all the damage she caused with that 2nd meteor shower.

Only one thing to say, if you want to talk about obssessive things, how about Chloe's wall of weird in high school, exposing all meteor freaks while wanting to get the truth. And how about all of the other times that Chloe never stopped until she got answers, prying into people's life when they didn't want her to. Come on, you can't make these points about Lana and not include Chloe. Of course, once Chloe found out Clark's secret, she changed her ways, tore down the wall, realized that she needed to stop investigating every little thing. Lana doesn't know the secret so that might make her more stupid or curious than Chloe at this point in time, but this is exactly how Chloe used to act. So once again, it all goes back to Clark coming clean to Lana.

Yeah, it was definitely worse. The problem here is that when Clark started realizing what Lex was all about, Lex was already too close to her. She has been close to him the entire time, and I think this has made him uncomfortable. Deep in the back of his mind he probably knows that Lana is too involved w/ Lex to tell her. If he tells her now and she pulls away from Lex, Lex will just come after her or maybe even try to harm her. Even when Lex was "good" the wars between him & Lionel put innocents like Pete in danger, and I don't think Clark wants this to happen to Lana. This does makes a lot of sense. If someone's best friend left due to the pressure of keeping the secret, I doubt he would want anyone else to know that secret. Chloe learned thanks to Alicia, so she doesn't count.
                            Anyone close to clark is a threat, whether they know the secret or not. Lana would still face the same danger whether she knew the secret or not. Even if she doesn't know the secret, the people kidnapping her would treat her the same way as someone who did confess to Clark's secret. The end result is the end result, if the person wants to cover their tracks, they will kill anyone that they interrogate about Clark so that they can never be ratted out. So from Clark's standpoint, you either cut everyone out of your life so no one is a target, or you decide to trust the people you love with the secret and take it upon yourself to protect them.

I blame Clark though, because he knew all of this and still tried to have her as his girlfriend. After S3, Clana should have been done. S4 should have had them split apart and eventually become good friends. The problem is that they want to put her in the heat of things, and her character isn't as developed as Chloe or Lois for this to work out good.
                            I agree that it is Clark's fault, but come on, you really think that Lois is a developed character in this show? She is a waste to the show, she brings nothing to the table. Chloe and Lana are on the same level, they are both developed characters, but they could both be a lot more developed. Lois isn't even on the same playing field as Chloe and Lana when it comes to development, physical appearance aside that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian Snake

EDIT: I forgot that Chloe actually did get hurt by Adam in Crisis. He still could have posed more of a threat to her, though, had she been caught snooping.
                              Chloe has made her share of mistakes, but not even close to the amount that Lana did. But Chloe learned from them. She is well equipped to handle herself as a reporter and can take care of herself. When threatened by Lex, she had a nice comeback and he knows that she is *very* good at digging up dirt.

And everything that happened to Chloe with Adam was because of Lana. Lana is the one who let Adam into her life and gave him the Talon apartment after barely knowing him. What she did with Gabriel had to be done since Clark had no powers and she wanted to do anything to stop Smallville from being nuked.

You made a good point though about Chloe being an investigative will make her a liability as well. This is what Lois will become. Clark does have a lot to learn from Chloe though. Both Lois & her are far better choices for confiding in than Lana. Lana doesn't seem to be the type who would say "yeah honey, it's OK, go save the world and I'll go to the museum alone" whereas Lois and Chloe would.

Comment

Chloe has made her share of mistakes, but not even close to the amount that Lana did. But Chloe learned from them. She is well equipped to handle herself as a reporter and can take care of herself. When threatened by Lex, she had a nice comeback and he knows that she is *very* good at digging up dirt.

And everything that happened to Chloe with Adam was because of Lana. Lana is the one who let Adam into her life and gave him the Talon apartment after barely knowing him. What she did with Gabriel had to be done since Clark had no powers and she wanted to do anything to stop Smallville from being nuked.

You made a good point though about Chloe being an investigative will make her a liability as well. This is what Lois will become. Clark does have a lot to learn from Chloe though. Both Lois & her are far better choices for confiding in than Lana. Lana doesn't seem to be the type who would say "yeah honey, it's OK, go save the world and I'll go to the museum alone" whereas Lois and Chloe would.
                                Chloe learned from her mistakes because she knows Clark's secret. I don't understand how this is so hard to believe. When did Chloe's character change, after what event did she change? That's right, once she learned Clark's secret we finally got a chance to see her prove that she is a trustworthy friend to Clark. Well unfortunately, the same can't be said yet for Lana because she doesn't know the secret. She knew for literally hours in the first part of Reckoning and she didn't even know all of the details about Clark and how he even came to earth. I know what the problem is right now. People forget about what Chloe was like before she found out about Clark and now that she is involved in all of Clark's secrets, she can easily be compared to Lana's character now and the knowledge of Clark's secret is suddenly a non-issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎